IndiaDivine.org

The George, Brighton

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi all

i like it that i go to different little shops now..........i hated the days of huge supermarkets and being dazed into buying too much, of the wrong (for me ) stuff..............my grandmother told me the other day that large supermarkets make her feel dizzy......

i have fruit and veg delivered...different surprises each week according to whats available........go to organic shop for vegan treats........another shop for cheap chopped tomatoes etc..........its more fun going to more than one!!

i think its the hunter gatherer instinct..........its natural to shop around

catherine

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: Re: The George, Brighton >Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:17:20 EDT > >In a message dated 8/22/03 1:19:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >Heartwork writes: > > It's strange how you have to go to different shops in London. I'm used to > > going to one store and getting most of my week's groceries. > > > i actually like spreadin my purchases out a bit.. >here..i shop at whole foods for stoopid vegan treats and the like, and for >bread...and non food items like toothpaste, soap, and the like... >berkelet bowl is for organic fruits and veggies >then there is the farmers markets... >while whole foods might not be the best choice, they do have a huge selection >of vegan foods and a good selection of veggies of the organic persuasion,.. >anything has to be better then safeway! >:) >cheers >fraggle Get your hands on designer bargains for less -

>

>

>i have fruit and veg delivered...different surprises each week according to

whats available........

i've often considered joining a CSA,..but..i always look at all the options

available..whom delivers, whom you have to go to site to pick up..cost, etc..

i just never take it that final step and join!!!

Ah yes!

I've not been to Belgium, but did sense a slight annoyance from someone at a hotel in France when we couldn't speak French well enough!

Jo

it was a number of years ago..back in like 95..so, dunno if it was there..we were well fed by my friends there anyways...it was in belgium we had problems...trying to convince folks that, no, we didn't want cheese!! and, we didn't speak flemish nor french...twas an adventure!

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

I suppose it's lack of time with me - I do the health shop shopping in a lunchtime - the company runs a bus into town at lunchtime. Then we do the rest of the shopping from Tesco after work on a Friday. We cannot get any shopping locally, so it makes it a little difficult.

Jo

i actually like spreadin my purchases out a bit..here..i shop at whole foods for stoopid vegan treats and the like, and for bread...and non food items like toothpaste, soap, and the like...berkelet bowl is for organic fruits and veggiesthen there is the farmers markets...while whole foods might not be the best choice, they do have a huge selection of vegan foods and a good selection of veggies of the organic persuasion,..anything has to be better then safeway!:)

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

The veggie boxes are a good idea. I do have some vegetables delivered, and they are always good quality.

Joi have fruit and veg delivered...different surprises each week according to whats available........go to organic shop for vegan treats........another shop for cheap chopped tomatoes etc..........its more fun going to more than one!!

Hi Peter

Now where would ya get that idea?

nikki :)

In order to act wisely, it is not enough to be wise.

Dostoyevsky

, " Peter " <metalscarab@o...> wrote:

> Hi Nikki

>

> > Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck,

> > Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck, Yuck,

>

> I could be wrong, but I detect the very slightest hint that you're

not keen on something? :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

> ---

> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

Hi Jo

The same here. But for some reason when I was there, not everything

we needed was available at one shop. Er maybe I was being picky,

can't really remember.

I had fun and nothing but time to myself. So I made it interesting.

Wish I had that time again! lol

nikki :)

In order to act wisely, it is not enough to be wise.

Dostoyevsky

, " Heartwork " <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> It's strange how you have to go to different shops in London. I'm

used to going to one store and getting most of my week's groceries.

It sounds as though you certainly used your time in London well.

>

> Jo

> -

> nikki_mackovitch

>

> Friday, August 22, 2003 11:44 AM

> Re: The George, Brighton

>

>