IndiaDivine.org

waaay off topic..watership down

Rate this topic

Guest guest

like we are ever on topic

heh

but..i never knew watership down was a real place..i always thought Adams had made the locale up for his book...

kooky...

watership down, ya can tell its an amazin book, because words he uses in the rabbits' lexicon have popped up into my speech and vocabulary!! like "tharn"...the worse was traveling across utah and nevada and kept thinking of cars as hrudodoos...

i would like to think i have some of hazel in me..but, i'm probably closer to fiver(and to those who never read the book, shame on you..hahhaha)

anywho..wot is everyone reading!!???

cheers

fraggle

*who needs to dig out his old copy of watership down fer a re-read*

ive never read the book - but ive watched the animated film since i was little - it used to scare me esp the evil rabbit he was so nasty (and it showed you him with blood dripping down his face) not the best of things to watch when ur little,

maybe i should try and be brave and read the book!!!!

iv just finished the wizard of earthsea trilogy and might reread the Dune trilogy next.EBbrewpunx wrote:

like we are ever on topichehbut..i never knew watership down was a real place..i always thought Adams had made the locale up for his book...kooky...watership down, ya can tell its an amazin book, because words he uses in the rabbits' lexicon have popped up into my speech and vocabulary!! like "tharn"...the worse was traveling across utah and nevada and kept thinking of cars as hrudodoos...i would like to think i have some of hazel in me..but, i'm probably closer to fiver(and to those who never read the book, shame on you..hahhaha)anywho..wot is everyone reading!!???cheersfraggle*who needs to dig out his old copy of watership down fer a re-read* To send an email to -

HI Fraggle

I think Watership Down is near Newbury in Berkshire. I hadn't thought about which rabbit I'd be nearest to! It's a long time since I read it. I am sure you are like Hazel - brave when necessary - and Fiver is sweet anyway.

I'm not reading fiction at present. Been reading a book by Emma Restall Orr - and how she celebrates her Paganism. It is a very inspiring book - well for me anyway.

Jo

-

EBbrewpunx

Tuesday, August 19, 2003 2:46 AM

waaay off topic..watership down

like we are ever on topichehbut..i never knew watership down was a real place..i always thought Adams had made the locale up for his book...kooky...watership down, ya can tell its an amazin book, because words he uses in the rabbits' lexicon have popped up into my speech and vocabulary!! like "tharn"...the worse was traveling across utah and nevada and kept thinking of cars as hrudodoos...i would like to think i have some of hazel in me..but, i'm probably closer to fiver(and to those who never read the book, shame on you..hahhaha)anywho..wot is everyone reading!!???cheersfraggle*who needs to dig out his old copy of watership down fer a re-read*

To send an email to -

The film is a little scarey - not a young kids film.

The books you are reading sound like the sort my daughter loves. Who's the author? I've seen the film of Dune - I suppose the book is very long.

Jo

ive never read the book - but ive watched the animated film since i was little - it used to scare me esp the evil rabbit he was so nasty (and it showed you him with blood dripping down his face) not the best of things to watch when ur little,

iv just finished the wizard of earthsea trilogy and might reread the Dune trilogy next.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

wizard of earthsea - Ursla Le Guin (i may have spelt that wrong)

and Dune - Frank Herbert

i love them - fantasy and sci-fi, great stuff - esp fantasy me favs are the above and of course Tolkien - my dad used to read them to me when i was a kid(not Dune tho).Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:

The film is a little scarey - not a young kids film.

The books you are reading sound like the sort my daughter loves. Who's the author? I've seen the film of Dune - I suppose the book is very long.

Jo

iv just finished the wizard of earthsea trilogy and might reread the Dune trilogy next.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03To send an email to -

just read an autobiography of ex head of M15 stella rimington.............didnt give much away...........

want to read hilary clintons? anyone read it?

catherine

>EBbrewpunx > > > waaay off topic..watership down >Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:46:08 EDT > >like we are ever on topic >heh >but..i never knew watership down was a real place..i always thought Adams had >made the locale up for his book... >kooky... >watership down, ya can tell its an amazin book, because words he uses in the >rabbits' lexicon have popped up into my speech and vocabulary!! like >"tharn"...the worse was traveling across utah and nevada and kept thinking of cars as >hrudodoos... >i would like to think i have some of hazel in me..but, i'm probably closer to >fiver(and to those who never read the book, shame on you..hahhaha) >anywho..wot is everyone reading!!??? >cheers >fraggle >*who needs to dig out his old copy of watership down fer a re-read* Protect your PC from e-mail viruses. Get MSN 8 today.

I'm afraid I don't read much fiction, but my favourite films are sci-fi and fantasy. I'll ask my daughter if she has read the earthsea one, and if not, I'll recommend it.

Jo

wizard of earthsea - Ursla Le Guin (i may have spelt that wrong)

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

I've read only one 'politicians' book - Tony Benn's diaries. Let me know what Hilary Clinton's is like.

Jo

still, nuthin like plague dogs!

" Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>The film is a little scarey - not a young kids film.

>

>The books you are reading sound like the sort my daughter loves.  Who's the

author?  I've seen the film of Dune - I suppose the book is very long.

>

>Jo

>

>

>  ive never read the book - but ive watched the animated film since i was

little - it used to scare me esp the evil rabbit he was so nasty (and it showed

you him with blood dripping down his face) not the best of things to watch when

ur little,

>

>  maybe i should try and be brave and read the book!!!!

>

>  iv just finished the wizard of earthsea trilogy and might reread the Dune

trilogy next.

>

>

>  ---

>  Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>  Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>  Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

>

is that the one where one of the dogs has a badage over his eye or ear or something - i kinda remember it from when i was little :-\EBbrewpunx wrote:

still, nuthin like plague dogs!"Heartwork" <Heartwork wrote:>The film is a little scarey - not a young kids film.>>The books you are reading sound like the sort my daughter loves. Who's the author? I've seen the film of Dune - I suppose the book is very long.>>Jo>>> ive never read the book - but ive watched the animated film since i was little - it used to scare me esp the evil rabbit he was so nasty (and it showed you him with blood dripping down his face) not the best of things to watch when ur little,>> maybe i should try and be brave and read the book!!!!>> iv just finished the wizard of earthsea trilogy and might reread the Dune trilogy next.>>> ---> Outgoing mail is certified Virus

Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).> Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03>To send an email to -

one had a bandage over its head..yes...

saddest dang ending to a movie..

just like ring of bright water...

Magick Nuts <magick_nuts wrote:

>is that the one where one of the dogs has a badage over his eye or ear or

something - i kinda remember it from when i was little :-\

>

>EBbrewpunx wrote:still, nuthin like plague dogs!

>

> " Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>

>>The film is a little scarey - not a young kids film.

>>

>>The books you are reading sound like the sort my daughter loves.  Who's the

author?  I've seen the film of Dune - I suppose the book is very long.

>>

>>Jo

>>

>>

>>  ive never read the book - but ive watched the animated film since i was

little - it used to scare me esp the evil rabbit he was so nasty (and it showed

you him with blood dripping down his face) not the best of things to watch when

ur little,

>>

>>  maybe i should try and be brave and read the book!!!!

>>

>>  iv just finished the wizard of earthsea trilogy and might reread the Dune

trilogy next.

>>

>>

>>  ---

>>  Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>>  Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>>  Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

>>

>

>

wicked meat eaters used to say, read the book, see the film eat the pie...............

catherine

>Magick Nuts

> > >Re: waaay off topic..watership down >Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:46:24 -0700 (PDT) > >is that the one where one of the dogs has a badage over his eye or ear or something - i kinda remember it from when i was little :-\ > >EBbrewpunx wrote:still, nuthin like plague dogs! > >"Heartwork" wrote: > > >The film is a little scarey - not a young kids film. > > > >The books you are reading sound like the sort my daughter loves. Who's the author? I've seen the film of Dune - I suppose the book is very long. > > > >Jo > > > > > > ive never read the book - but ive watched the animated film since i was little - it used to scare me esp the evil rabbit he was so nasty (and it showed you him with blood dripping down his face) not the best of things to watch when ur little, > > > > maybe i should try and be brave and read the book!!!! > > > > iv just finished the wizard of earthsea trilogy and might reread the Dune trilogy next. > > > > > > --- > > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > > Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03 > > > >

Hi Jo et all,

Never read Watership Down, but saw the film ( well some of it any way ) a bit

too long for my short attention span.............hmm what was I saying......Oh

yes on the subject of books I would thoroughly recomend any of Robert Rankins`

especially the Brentford Trilogy now in Five parts- The Antipope,The Brentford

Triangle, East of Ealing, The Sprouts of Wrath and The Brentford Chainsaw

Massacre. May not appeal to non Brits though very surreal sense of humour...I

expect Fraggle would like them...

All The Best

The Valley Vegan...

> HI Fraggle

>

>I think Watership Down is near Newbury in Berkshire. I hadn't thought about

which rabbit I'd be nearest to! It's a long time since I read it. I am sure

you are like Hazel - brave when necessary - and Fiver is sweet anyway.

>

>I'm not reading fiction at present. Been reading a book by Emma Restall Orr -

and how she celebrates her Paganism. It is a very inspiring book - well for me

anyway.

>

>Jo

> -

> EBbrewpunx

>

> Tuesday, August 19, 2003 2:46 AM

> waaay off topic..watership down

>

>

> like we are ever on topic

> heh

> but..i never knew watership down was a real place..i always thought Adams had

made the locale up for his book...

> kooky...

> watership down, ya can tell its an amazin book, because words he uses in the

rabbits' lexicon have popped up into my speech and vocabulary!! like

" tharn " ...the worse was traveling across utah and nevada and kept thinking of

cars as hrudodoos...

> i would like to think i have some of hazel in me..but, i'm probably closer to

fiver(and to those who never read the book, shame on you..hahhaha)

> anywho..wot is everyone reading!!???

> cheers

> fraggle

> *who needs to dig out his old copy of watership down fer a re-read*

>

re:

just read an autobiography of ex head of M15 stella rimington.............didnt

give much away...........

catherine

Sorry,

But to me there would be no point. After seeing her " performances " in public,

interviews etc, she strikes me as totally false - typical American political

android. I doubt that anyone has been allowed close to the real Hilary.

Just call me an old sceptic....

The Valley Vegan...

>

Peter H

--------------------

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

http://www.talk21.com

May not appeal to non Brits though very surreal sense of humour...I expect

Fraggle would like them...

>All The Best

>hmmm..

dunno how i'm suppose to feel about that

heh

currently reading

weapons of mass distraction

some arthurian fantasy trilogy...

and, just got the new Jim hightower book..

:)

cheers

fraggle

hi all

just got two new vegan cook books today........one is vegan caribbean cookery....yum

catherine

>swpgh01 > > , >Re: waaay off topic..watership down >Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:03:18 GMT+01:00 > >Hi Jo et all, >Never read Watership Down, but saw the film ( well some of it any way ) a bit too long for my short attention span.............hmm what was I saying......Oh yes on the subject of books I would thoroughly recomend any of Robert Rankins` especially the Brentford Trilogy now in Five parts- The Antipope,The Brentford Triangle, East of Ealing, The Sprouts of Wrath and The Brentford Chainsaw Massacre. May not appeal to non Brits though very surreal sense of humour...I expect Fraggle would like them... >All The Best >The Valley Vegan... > > HI Fraggle > > > >I think Watership Down is near Newbury in Berkshire. I hadn't thought about which rabbit I'd be nearest to! It's a long time since I read it. I am sure you are like Hazel - brave when necessary - and Fiver is sweet anyway. > > > >I'm not reading fiction at present. Been reading a book by Emma Restall Orr - and how she celebrates her Paganism. It is a very inspiring book - well for me anyway. > > > >Jo > > - > > EBbrewpunx > > > > Tuesday, August 19, 2003 2:46 AM > > waaay off topic..watership down > > > > > > like we are ever on topic > > heh > > but..i never knew watership down was a real place..i always thought Adams had made the locale up for his book... > > kooky... > > watership down, ya can tell its an amazin book, because words he uses in the rabbits' lexicon have popped up into my speech and vocabulary!! like "tharn"...the worse was traveling across utah and nevada and kept thinking of cars as hrudodoos... > > i would like to think i have some of hazel in me..but, i'm probably closer to fiver(and to those who never read the book, shame on you..hahhaha) > > anywho..wot is everyone reading!!??? > > cheers > > fraggle > > *who needs to dig out his old copy of watership down fer a re-read* > >