IndiaDivine.org

vegan chatter here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm new here, but it seems like a truly fascinating group. I am a fairly new vegan, but will be for life.

I don't know anything about cats so I can contribute nothing to the current conversation.

I am curious, though. What do you think of making your pets vegan, mainly cats and dogs? I don't have any pets right now, but I am curious as to the different opinions on the topic. As for me, I think it is a great idea, but it depends on the natural instincts and nutritional needs of the species, as far as what is right.

(-:

Very useful vegan auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem & item=3547243005 & ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

Hi Vegan Bird and WELCOME!

I'm a fairly new Vegan meself, 1 year in July.

I try to keep me pucky vegan, but the carnivores in the house get to

him sometimes with their own treats.

Like just yesterday as we celebrated his 7th birthday and DH pulls

out his present fer Reno. A nice juicy bone from the butcher shop.

Was not happy about that mess. But Reno sure was.

nikki

, Vegan Bird <veganautumn>

wrote:

>

> I'm new here, but it seems like a truly fascinating group. I am a

fairly new vegan, but will be for life.

>

> I don't know anything about cats so I can contribute nothing to the

current conversation.

>

> I am curious, though. What do you think of making your pets vegan,

mainly cats and dogs? I don't have any pets right now, but I am

curious as to the different opinions on the topic. As for me, I

think it is a great idea, but it depends on the natural instincts and

nutritional needs of the species, as far as what is right.

>

> (-:

>

> Very useful vegan auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

ViewItem & item=3547243005 & ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

>

>

>

>

>

Hi VeganBird

Welcome to the list - I hope you enjoy it here and have many interesting discussions.

Jo

I'm new here, but it seems like a truly fascinating group. I am a fairly new vegan, but will be for life.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release 14/08/03

In a message dated 8/30/03 5:15:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time, veganautumn writes:

I am curious, though. What do you think of making your pets vegan, mainly cats and dogs?

it depends....

if you can keep the animal happy and healthy..then..by all means go fer it..

dogs can be kept pretty easily on a vegan diet, kitties apparantly have more issues with it do to adequate nutrition

it be one of the things vegans should think about before getting a pet, how they feel about feedin a critter a diet that may entail the death of other critters

life is never easy is it!

:)

cheers

fragglw

Hi there, I think it's a good idea to feed animals plant type foods much the same as ourselfs. If the animal can get all the nutrients it needs then why not..it would save another animal having to be killed to feed it. I met a few vegan feed dogs, but no cats as yet, though I met someone who said his cat ate just about everything he ate including vegetables from when it was a kitten and lived to the age of 27...and didn't die of old age ,but was 'put down' from a accident.

SJ

-

Vegan Bird

Saturday, August 30, 2003 12:34 PM

vegan chatter here

I don't know anything about cats so I can contribute nothing to the current conversation.

I am curious, though. What do you think of making your pets vegan, mainly cats and dogs? I don't have any pets right now, but I am curious as to the different opinions on the topic. As for me, I think it is a great idea, but it depends on the natural instincts and nutritional needs of the species, as far as what is right.

(-:

Very useful vegan auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem & item=3547243005 & ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

To send an email to -