IndiaDivine.org

Activism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/5/03 6:01:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, shari writes:

We all talk about the food we eat on here but I was wondering if anyone goes out to demos and stuff. Are we allowed to talk about demos on here or should that be kept to activism ?

haven't been to a veggie demo in quite awhile....

other demos..well...went to quite a few

We all talk about the food we eat on here but I was wondering if anyone goes out to demos and stuff. Are we allowed to talk about demos on here or should that be kept to activism ?

I'm going to the Newchurch Guinea Pigs one tomorrow. It's my first national demo as although I've been into animal rights for years and years, veggie for 14 years and vegan for almost one year, I've not really done much activism. But I've got in touch with someone from my home town who does a lot so things are changing, and I'm planning on doing a lot more. Anyone else going to Lichfield tomorrow for the Newchurch Guinea Pigs one? Or anyone going to the Cambridge anti-vivisection lab one on Oct 11th? I am planning on going to that one too.

<3

Shari Black Velvet

Hi Shari

> We all talk about the food we eat on here but I was wondering if anyone goes out to demos and stuff. Are we allowed to talk

> about demos on here or should that be kept to activism ?

You can talk about pretty much anything you like on here :-)

> I'm going to the Newchurch Guinea Pigs one tomorrow. It's my first national demo as although I've been into animal rights for

> years and years, veggie for 14 years and vegan for almost one year, I've not really done much activism. But I've got in touch with

> someone from my home town who does a lot so things are changing, and I'm planning on doing a lot more. Anyone else going to

> Lichfield tomorrow for the Newchurch Guinea Pigs one? Or anyone going to the Cambridge anti-vivisection lab one on Oct 11th? I

> am planning on going to that one too.

Not planning to go myself, but good luck to all who are... most of my activism has been connected to anti-war / occupation of Iraq of late, and unfortunately I haven't got the time to do *everything*, so the animal rights has taken a bit of a back seat :-(

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

Hi Shari

Yes, we like talking about demos and activism, whether for animals environment or people.

We have been hunt sabs but unfortunately not done it for a couple of years. We have also been on some anti-fox hunting marches. I write a lot of letters (emails now) to all sorts of people on all sorts of matters.

I've never been to the Newchurch ones, but have signed a petition and donated to it.

Nothing would ever improve if it wasn't for people showing what they want. I hope you enjoy it. It's usually good to be part of a group with the same ideals.

Jo

-

Shari

Friday, September 05, 2003 1:58 PM

Activism

I'm going to the Newchurch Guinea Pigs one tomorrow. It's my first national demo as although I've been into animal rights for years and years, veggie for 14 years and vegan for almost one year, I've not really done much activism. But I've got in touch with someone from my home town who does a lot so things are changing, and I'm planning on doing a lot more. Anyone else going to Lichfield tomorrow for the Newchurch Guinea Pigs one? Or anyone going to the Cambridge anti-vivisection lab one on Oct 11th? I am planning on going to that one too.

<3

Shari Black Velvet

To send an email to -

Hi Shari

How did the demo at Newchurch go?

Jo

-

Shari

Friday, September 05, 2003 1:58 PM

Activism

<3

Shari Black Velvet

To send an email to -

I see four animal-rights activists accused of a hate campaign against a pharmaceuticals company in Basingstoke have been acquitted. It just goes to show that some good decisions are made.

Jo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03