IndiaDivine.org

RE: Hi Im new, and i have some questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

there are safe trapping devices, called hav-a-hart, and several other brands, in

which the lil critter is trapped in a cage, and you just carry the box/cage away

and release them somewhere else

a word on this..make sure you release em FAR away from yer home, mice will just

run back in the house if you go like 20' away...

and, make sure ya put the lil dinkens somewhere were there is food and

shelter...takin a mouse and dumping him in the parking lot of k-mart just

wouldn't be nice....

" xxxveganxx " <xxxveganxx wrote:

>ive been reading the bored for a couple weeks and decided to post to

>questions.

>

>1: I have a mouse running around my house, maybe more than one.  I

>dont want them here of course, so is there a humane way to get rid of

>them?

>

>2: Im getting a kitty in the next couple of weeks, all im waiting for

>is when its done weening from its mothers milk... but the people who

>are watching the litter right now are feeding the cat a raw food

>diet, but still feeding it meat. like raw ground beef, fish, etc

>etc... they are vegans, yet they swear this is the healthiest for the

>cats, your thoughts?

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

>

" xxxveganxx " <xxxveganxx wrote:

>ive been reading the bored for a couple weeks and decided to post to

>questions.

>

also, after mouses are gone..look for easy entry points fer em, caulk plug up

holes along pipes etc..

don't leave food out...all that stuff...

We've found that is the only way to make sure they don't return. Usually it's a tiny space where a pipe comes through the wall. It is worth the bother though, because it does keep them out.

Jo>also, after mouses are gone..look for easy entry points fer em, caulk plug up holes along pipes etc..don't leave food out...all that stuff...

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

I'm vegan, but I will feed cats meat as well. I think cats are meat

eaters, but humans are not. It also doesn't bother me to watch a

Lion kill an animal for food, even though I am totally opposed to

humans doing it.

Just my humble opinion :)

Hugs,

Tek

i agree with that except the watchin part eeewwwww!!!!!

although with a pet cat its hardly like they kill the foodthemselves. uv got to consider that pet food is gotten in the same ways that human meat is gotten and also its the worst bits of the dead animals that goes into pet food - how appertising - and u dont know what nasty things that they are included in it ie cancers.

just something to consider.

lv sara

Eric <tekmnd wrote:

I'm vegan, but I will feed cats meat as well. I think cats are meat eaters, but humans are not. It also doesn't bother me to watch a Lion kill an animal for food, even though I am totally opposed to humans doing it.Just my humble opinion :)Hugs,TekTo send an email to -

Hi Sara

I don't know what cats should be fed. There is a vegan cat food. I know it is said that meat is the natural diet for cats, but I feel that pre-cooked cow, sheep, pig, turkey etc. are not natural for a cat to eat. They would presumably live on a similar diet to foxes - small mammals i.e. voles, mice etc., small birds, and beetles etc. that they catch.

Jo

although with a pet cat its hardly like they kill the foodthemselves. uv got to consider that pet food is gotten in the same ways that human meat is gotten and also its the worst bits of the dead animals that goes into pet food - how appertising - and u dont know what nasty things that they are included in it ie cancers.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

songbird flavored cat chow *now with more nightingales!*

somehow, i don't see it being a hit...

people want their pets to eat like they do...

heck, we want our livestock to eat like we do...

here ya go bessy, have some of yer calf, recently ground up...

*rolls eyes*

" Heartwork " <Heartwork wrote:

>Hi Sara

>

>I don't know what cats should be fed.  There is a vegan cat food.  I know it is

said that meat is the natural diet for cats, but I feel that pre-cooked cow,

sheep, pig, turkey etc. are not natural for a cat to eat.  They would presumably

live on a similar diet to foxes - small mammals i.e. voles, mice etc., small

birds, and beetles etc. that they catch.

>

>Jo

>

>  i agree with that except the watchin part eeewwwww!!!!!

>

>   although with a pet cat its hardly like they kill the foodthemselves. uv got

to consider that pet food is gotten in the same ways that human meat is gotten

and also its the worst bits of the dead animals that goes into pet food - how

appertising - and u dont know what nasty things that they are included in it ie

cancers.

>

>  just something to consider.

>

>

>  ---

>  Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>  Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>  Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

>

nah..

those are made by sweat labor in guatamela

" Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>Hi Fraggle

>

>> *rolls eyes*

>

>So you don't get the pre-rolled ones then?

>

>BB

>Peter

>

>

>---

>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

>Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

>

Sara suggested the pet foods might contain cancers, and I'm asking what

she means. I do not want to hurt the feelings of people who have

suffered as a result of cancer, but I'm not sure how to draw out what

she meant without asking detailed questions.

Magick nuts ...

Why do you say 'Cancers' specifically?

What ill effects would you expect to come from a pet eating cancerous

tissue? (Obviously, if the tissue had carcinogens in it, then that would

be harmful,

but cancers do not always involve carcinogens which remain in the

tumour.) Otherwise, cooking, digestion, and the immune system would, I

think, kill the individual cancerous cells, so the 'cancer' itself would

not be passed on.

no i didnt mean to use it specifically it was just to show that all that isnt deemed fit for human consumption is put in there they dont care what goes into it."Dr. Ian McDonald" <ian wrote:

Sara suggested the pet foods might contain cancers, and I'm asking whatshe means. I do not want to hurt the feelings of people who havesuffered as a result of cancer, but I'm not sure how to draw out whatshe meant without asking detailed questions.Magick nuts ...Why do you say 'Cancers' specifically?What ill effects would you expect to come from a pet eating canceroustissue? (Obviously, if the tissue had carcinogens in it, then that wouldbe harmful,but cancers do not always involve carcinogens which remain in thetumour.) Otherwise, cooking, digestion, and the immune system would, Ithink, kill the individual cancerous cells, so the 'cancer' itself wouldnot be passed on.To send an email to -

In a message dated 9/12/03 5:18:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

Re: Re: Hi Im new, and i have some questions

I was reading a magazine that had an article about diet tips for your pet. I'd like to post the article as it has relevance to this topic. However, it doesn't say anything about vegan pets, just about how dangerous some pet foods can be. It's written by Rose DiLeva VMD, MS, CVA, of Animal Wellness Center of Chadds Ford, PA. A website listed is www.AltPetdoc.com.

"Some of the best advice I could give any pet owner regarding the health of their pet has to do with diet. What you feed your pet will have the single greatest effect on their future health and well being. Avoid the preservatives BHA, BHT, propyl gallate and ethoxyquin. They have been associated with serious medical conditions such as asthma, allergies, chronic ear and skin problems, diabetes, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, hyperthyroidism, and even cancer. Buy pet food that does not contain by-products. By-products contain anything not fit for human consumption, such as road kill, beaks, blood, pus, hooves, entrails, styrofoam packaging, pesticide residue, antibiotic residue, condemned carcass parts, including those with cancer in them. The picture is not a pretty one, but it is true.

Make sure you check the expiration date on the pet food you buy. Frequently, food that is on sale has a short expiration date or is already outdated. Make sure your pet can eat all of it before it expires. Avoid food that is cheap. If it costs $8.00 for twenty pounds of dry food or $0.30 for a large can of canned food, it probably lacks a lot in the way of nutritional value. Also smell the food when you open it. If it smells bad take it back or throw it out, but do not give it to your pet.

Read the ingredients on the label. Ingredients are listed in decreading order from most to least. The first three ingredients are generally the bulk of what is in the food. Beware if the first ingredient is water. Ideally, a source of protein from meat is what you want as the first ingredient. Good protein sources are chicken, beef, turkey, lamb, rabbit, or vension. Remeber, NOT meat by-products. Avoid the by-product part of the ingredient. Some of the brands of pet food that I recommend to my clients are Solid Gold Hund-N-Flocken or Katz-N-Flocken, Wellness, Spot's Stew, Petguard, Wysong, Flint River Ranch and Evolve.

Avoid treats that have coloring in them. Just because they are made into various shapes with pretty colors does not mean they have any nutritional value for your pet. There are all natural treats out there but they can be hard to find. Some of my favorites are Buddy biscuits, Lamb jerky treats and Tony Tots by Solid Gold.

I have a list of what I call "snack foods" for cats and dogs that I distribute to my clients. It consists of human foods. Now I know a lot of you have been told never to give your pet table food. That is simply not true. It is actually the companies with the most money for marketing that catch the consumer's attention. Unless there is some medical condition requiring a special diet, it is perfectly fine to give your pet some of the foods we enjoy. Some examples for cats and dogs are the following: a scrambled organic egg, applesauce, cooked oatmeal, organic plain yogurt, cottage cheese, cooked organic quinoa, cooked couscous, millet, bulgar or amaranth, cooked brown or white rice, white potato or sweet potato, steamed or cooked asparagus, peas, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower or spinach. Fruits are also acceptable in small quantities. Use a piece of apple, pear, watermelon, or canteloupe as a treat for your dog. You would be surprised at how many cats love canteloupe. Any meat you give is best if boiled or steamed and without the skin. Any raw meat given should be organic."

After reading this article, and another article similar to this, I felt I needed to show it to everyone I know. It horrifies me that animals are being fed those awful pet foods.

Meghan

Do you think that domesticated cats shouldn't be fed vegan

food..just asking.

although with a pet cat its hardly like they kill the

foodthemselves. uv got to consider that pet food is gotten in

the same ways that human meat is gotten and also its the

worst bits of the dead animals that goes into pet food - how

appertising - and u dont know what nasty things that they are

included in it ie cancers.

lv sara

Years ago as a kid..two dogs in our family, a mother and

daughter, both got tumourous cancers.They both died at 11

years ago, they were feed mostly tin food.

Sara suggested the pet foods might contain cancers, and I'm

asking what

she means. I do not want to hurt the feelings of people who

have

suffered as a result of cancer, but I'm not sure how to draw

out what

she meant without asking detailed questions.

nah i think that its up to everyone how they want to feed there cat its just that was in answer who didnt agree - i think - i cant remember who it was in anser to now i only said it as a consideration and also i would say that what i wrote wasnt antivegan food in the least - i think b4 some one rights of vegan food and says that in the wild thay kill for themselves should just consider what i said is all and if they still dont agree fair enough to each there own and all that!!! :-)simonpjones wrote:

Do you think that domesticated cats shouldn't be fed vegan food..just asking.i agree with that except the watchin part eeewwwww!!!!!although with a pet cat its hardly like they kill the foodthemselves. uv got to consider that pet food is gotten in the same ways that human meat is gotten and also its the worst bits of the dead animals that goes into pet food - how appertising - and u dont know what nasty things that they are included in it ie cancers.just something to consider.lv saraTo send an email to -

If you had a kitten..would you feed it on a vegan diet or a

animal-diet?

nah i think that its up to everyone how they want to feed

there cat its just that was in answer who didnt agree - i

think - i cant remember who it was in anser to now i only

said it as a consideration and also i would say that what i

wrote wasnt antivegan food in the least - i think b4 some one

rights of vegan food and says that in the wild thay kill for

themselves should just consider what i said is all and if

they still dont agree fair enough to each there own and all

that!!! :-)

i dunno id look into all options at the time and come to a conclusion then maybe probably use that veganstuff you can get aslong as the kitten/cat liked it, i dunno though like i said id weigh up all options at the time.simonpjones wrote:

If you had a kitten..would you feed it on a vegan diet or a animal-diet? nah i think that its up to everyone how they want to feed there cat its just that was in answer who didnt agree - i think - i cant remember who it was in anser to now i only said it as a consideration and also i would say that what i wrote wasnt antivegan food in the least - i think b4 some one rights of vegan food and says that in the wild thay kill for themselves should just consider what i said is all and if they still dont agree fair enough to each there own and all that!!! :-)To send an email to -

The dog I had when I was a kid had a tumour, I think. He had to be put to sleep at eleven years old. He was fed only tinned meat.

Jo

Years ago as a kid..two dogs in our family, a mother and daughter, both got tumourous cancers.They both died at 11 years ago, they were feed mostly tin food.

I would feet it on a vegan diet, with the Vegekit and Vegekat supplements that are available through the Vegan Society.

Jo

If you had a kitten..would you feed it on a vegan diet or a animal-diet?

Hi Meghan

It is disgraceful. It's like all the rubbish put into food which is fit for human consumption - particularly meat-type things.

My daughter used to work at MAFF and turned veggie while working there, as did her partner. She said that approximately 30% of the employees there were veggie. They obviously see more of what goes on than the general public does.

Jo

I was reading a magazine that had an article about diet tips for your pet. I'd like to post the article as it has relevance to this topic. However, it doesn't say anything about vegan pets, just about how dangerous some pet foods can be. It's written by Rose DiLeva VMD, MS, CVA, of Animal Wellness Center of Chadds Ford, PA. A website listed is www.AltPetdoc.com.

Hi,

My cat nelly died 2 years ago from cancer, she was fed tin food + dry food her whole life. She got a tumour right by her eye and she had surgery and had it removed and then a year or two later her breath really started to smell and she was bleading from the mouth so we took her to the vet and they found another tumour in her mouth and it was just too late. My cat Nathan also passed away and know one knows from what, not even the vet could tell me but I figure it was the food in both cases.

now I have 2 cats, I would love to feed my cats a vegan diet but cats are very picky, so I look for no by-products in cat food (which is very hard to find)

simonpjones wrote:

Years ago as a kid..two dogs in our family, a mother and daughter, both got tumourous cancers.They both died at 11 years ago, they were feed mostly tin food.Sara suggested the pet foods might contain cancers, and I'm asking what she means. I do not want to hurt the feelings of people who have suffered as a result of cancer, but I'm not sure how to draw out what she meant without asking detailed questions.

oh im sorry to hear about your cats, thats harsh,

lv saratina b <vegan_momo1 wrote:

Hi,

My cat nelly died 2 years ago from cancer, she was fed tin food + dry food her whole life. She got a tumour right by her eye and she had surgery and had it removed and then a year or two later her breath really started to smell and she was bleading from the mouth so we took her to the vet and they found another tumour in her mouth and it was just too late. My cat Nathan also passed away and know one knows from what, not even the vet could tell me but I figure it was the food in both cases.

now I have 2 cats, I would love to feed my cats a vegan diet but cats are very picky, so I look for no by-products in cat food (which is very hard to find)

simonpjones wrote:

Years ago as a kid..two dogs in our family, a mother and daughter, both got tumourous cancers.They both died at 11 years ago, they were feed mostly tin food.Sara suggested the pet foods might contain cancers, and I'm asking what she means. I do not want to hurt the feelings of people who have suffered as a result of cancer, but I'm not sure how to draw out what she meant without asking detailed questions.

It's sad to hear about your cats. Our rabbit died of cancer as well - tumours inthe abdomen. She used to have pellet food, and vegetables, of course.

Jo

nah i think that its up to everyone how they want to feed

there cat its just that was in answer who didnt agree - i

think - i cant remember who it was in anser to now i only

said it as a consideration and also i would say that what i

wrote wasnt antivegan food in the least - i think b4 some one

rights of vegan food and says that in the wild thay kill for

themselves should just consider what i said is all and if

they still dont agree fair enough to each there own and all

that!!! :-)>

I understand that you think it's up to people to choose for

themselves....but I was wondering about you..would you feed a

cat on non-animal foods?

I don't have have any animals to feed at the moment,if I had

I would go for the vegan option..if the cat really didn't

like the food..I would have to give the cat away to some one

to befriend.>

i dunno id look into all options at the time and come to a

conclusion then maybe probably use that veganstuff you can

get aslong as the kitten/cat liked it, i dunno though like i

said id weigh up all options at the time.