IndiaDivine.org

Recipes and such

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hey you get the veggies unite weekly recipe list too!?!

Isn't it great!

Shelloid

-

EBbrewpunx

esi-list ;

Saturday, January 12, 2002 5:09 PM

recipes and such

Recipe from HollyChocolate Crazy CakeIngredients: + 3 cups flour + 2 cups natural sugar + 2 egg replacers + 2 tsp baking soda + 1 cup soy milk + 1 cup cocoa + 3/4 cup oil + 1 tsp salt + 2 tsp vanilla or almond extract + 1 cup boiling waterDirections:Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.Bake in either a tube pan for 1 hour or Bake in a 9x13 pan for45 minutes at 350 degrees F.--Recipe from SusanFat Free Banana Milkshake!Ingredients: + one banana, cut into bite size pieces and put in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight + Vanilla soy milk - approx. 1 cup, enough to cover the bananas in a blender + 2 tsp. cinnamon + 2 tsp. vanilla + *optional* 1/2 - 1 packet equal sweetener or sweetener of your choiceDirections:Take the frozen banana pieces and put them into a blender.Pour in enough milk to cover them. Add the cinnamon, vanillaand sweetener. Blend on low for approx. 1 minute or untileverything is blended. The cinnamon and vanilla can beadjusted to your individual taste. The shake comes out justlike a milkshake and is a very tasty alternative to the realthing!Serves: 1Preparation time: 5 minutes plus freezing time--Recipe from loosely based on biscuits like mom never made foundon this website dannybear17Hearty BiscuitsIngredients: + 2 cups spelt flour + 1/4 to 1/2 cups corn meal + 3 teaspoons baking powder + 1 1/2 teaspoons salt + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast + 6 tablespoons vegan margarine + 1/2 cup soy milk + 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optionalDirections:Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients.Cut margarine into mixture until blended into pea size balls.Add soy milk. Dough will be sticky. I then wet my hands andshape biscuits, rewetting hands as needed. Place on slightlygreased baking sheet and bake for ten minutes. Allow to coolslightly and eat!Serves: 16 biscuitsPreparation time: 5-10 min.--Recipe from Cassandra Meroe Wimbs,KwanzaaChefCMeroeList of Traditional African-American Southern CuisineSeasoningsIngredients: + cloves + onion + paprika + dry mustard + red pepper + nutmeg + cinnamon + vanilla extract + thyme + parsely + bay leaf + oregano + broth + lemon juice + basil--Recipe from adapted from Ronzoni rotini box! buba6Mock Chicken TetrazziniIngredients: + 3 cups (8 oz) uncooked pasta (rotini, etc.) + 2 packages (desired amount) of chicken flavored seitan + 1/4 cup margarine + 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper + 1/2 cupped sliced green onion + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 2 cups soy or rice milk + 1 3/4 cups veggie broth + 1/3 cup dry sherry, soy milk or water + 1/2 cup grated vegan soy parmesan, divided in halfDirections:Heat oven to 350F. Cook pasta according to directions for 7minutes; drain. In a 3 qt. baking dish, stir together hotpasta and mock chicken. Meanwhile, in a 4 qt. saucepan overhigh heat, melt margarine, add pepper and onion and cook 5minutes stirring occasionally until pepper is tender. Reduceheat to medium. Stir in flour, cook one minute, stirringconstantly. Stir in milk, broth and sherry. Cook, stirringfrequently, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove fromheat. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Add salt to taste.Pour sauce over pasta mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese.Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.Don't be scared off by the long instructions - it's really veryeasy and fast and my kids didn't bother waiting for the finalbaking,they ate it right from the pot.This is great for the new vegan who still misses meat andcheese.Serves: 6 one cup servingsPreparation time: 15 minutes prep + 20 minutes baking--Recipe from EveSoothing LotionIngredients: + 25 ml pure vegetable oil-based lotion + 2 ml jojoba oil + 3 ml calendula (macerated/infused) oil + 2 drops lavender essential oil + 3 drops Roman chamomile e.o. + 2 drops sandalwood e.o.Directions:Gives a 1% dilution. The small quantities of carrier oil arenot essential, but do improve the lotion.This lotion is designed to soothe irritated skin, and is mildenough to use on young children or eczema sufferers. It isparticularly useful after removing hair from your legs, whetherby shaving, waxing, or epilating.It is a very calming lotion, and is also beneficial forinsomnia.--Recipe from SMehtaX2Spicy Grilled Corn on the CobIngredients: + lemon, cut in sections + powdered Cayenne pepper (hot) + salt + cornDirections:Peel the green ears and hair off of a stalk of corn on the cob.Place it on a BBQ grill over an open flame. Turn every 2-3minutes. Corn will snap and crackle as it turns a golden brownor light black color on all sides. Once browned, apply lemonsection to coat all surfaces of the corn with lemon juice.Then lightly sprinkle on red hot pepper and salt. Enjoy andkeep plenty of cool water on hand. Mouthwatering snack forpicnics or cook outsServes: 1Preparation time: 20 minutes--Recipe from Angela NatchevaVegan Pizza (with mashed potatoes)Ingredients: + mashed potatoes ( I use instant) + nutritional yeast (to taste) + salt (to taste) + roma tomatoes (sliced thickly) + oregano (to taste) + 1 garlic clove (fresh, sliced.. more if you like) + black pepper (to taste) + pizza toppings ( your choice) + pizza doughDirections:Pre heat oven to 500 F1. Mix the mashed potatoes with nutritional yeast, and salt totaste.2. Roll out the pizza dough, cover with the tomato slices,oregano, garlic, and black pepper.3. Add the topping that you like.4. Cover in a thin layer of the mashed potatoes, ( I know thissounds strange, but the potatoes keep the pizza from drying outand brown quite nicely)5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or till the crust isgolden.Serves: 4Preparation time: 30-------------------To send an email to -

What do you do with the recipes? Do you actuallt make the food item? Angie

-

shelloid

Saturday, January 12, 2002 11:25 PM

Re: recipes and such

Isn't it great!

Shelloid

-

EBbrewpunx

esi-list ;

recipes and such

Recipe from HollyChocolate Crazy CakeIngredients: + 3 cups flour + 2 cups natural sugar + 2 egg replacers + 2 tsp baking soda + 1 cup soy milk + 1 cup cocoa + 3/4 cup oil + 1 tsp salt + 2 tsp vanilla or almond extract + 1 cup boiling waterDirections:Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.Bake in either a tube pan for 1 hour or Bake in a 9x13 pan for45 minutes at 350 degrees F.--Recipe from SusanFat Free Banana Milkshake!Ingredients: + one banana, cut into bite size pieces and put in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight + Vanilla soy milk - approx. 1 cup, enough to cover the bananas in a blender + 2 tsp. cinnamon + 2 tsp. vanilla + *optional* 1/2 - 1 packet equal sweetener or sweetener of your choiceDirections:Take the frozen banana pieces and put them into a blender.Pour in enough milk to cover them. Add the cinnamon, vanillaand sweetener. Blend on low for approx. 1 minute or untileverything is blended. The cinnamon and vanilla can beadjusted to your individual taste. The shake comes out justlike a milkshake and is a very tasty alternative to the realthing!Serves: 1Preparation time: 5 minutes plus freezing time--Recipe from loosely based on biscuits like mom never made foundon this website dannybear17Hearty BiscuitsIngredients: + 2 cups spelt flour + 1/4 to 1/2 cups corn meal + 3 teaspoons baking powder + 1 1/2 teaspoons salt + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast + 6 tablespoons vegan margarine + 1/2 cup soy milk + 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optionalDirections:Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients.Cut margarine into mixture until blended into pea size balls.Add soy milk. Dough will be sticky. I then wet my hands andshape biscuits, rewetting hands as needed. Place on slightlygreased baking sheet and bake for ten minutes. Allow to coolslightly and eat!Serves: 16 biscuitsPreparation time: 5-10 min.--Recipe from Cassandra Meroe Wimbs,KwanzaaChefCMeroeList of Traditional African-American Southern CuisineSeasoningsIngredients: + cloves + onion + paprika + dry mustard + red pepper + nutmeg + cinnamon + vanilla extract + thyme + parsely + bay leaf + oregano + broth + lemon juice + basil--Recipe from adapted from Ronzoni rotini box! buba6Mock Chicken TetrazziniIngredients: + 3 cups (8 oz) uncooked pasta (rotini, etc.) + 2 packages (desired amount) of chicken flavored seitan + 1/4 cup margarine + 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper + 1/2 cupped sliced green onion + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour + 2 cups soy or rice milk + 1 3/4 cups veggie broth + 1/3 cup dry sherry, soy milk or water + 1/2 cup grated vegan soy parmesan, divided in halfDirections:Heat oven to 350F. Cook pasta according to directions for 7minutes; drain. In a 3 qt. baking dish, stir together hotpasta and mock chicken. Meanwhile, in a 4 qt. saucepan overhigh heat, melt margarine, add pepper and onion and cook 5minutes stirring occasionally until pepper is tender. Reduceheat to medium. Stir in flour, cook one minute, stirringconstantly. Stir in milk, broth and sherry. Cook, stirringfrequently, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove fromheat. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Add salt to taste.Pour sauce over pasta mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese.Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.Don't be scared off by the long instructions - it's really veryeasy and fast and my kids didn't bother waiting for the finalbaking,they ate it right from the pot.This is great for the new vegan who still misses meat andcheese.Serves: 6 one cup servingsPreparation time: 15 minutes prep + 20 minutes baking--Recipe from EveSoothing LotionIngredients: + 25 ml pure vegetable oil-based lotion + 2 ml jojoba oil + 3 ml calendula (macerated/infused) oil + 2 drops lavender essential oil + 3 drops Roman chamomile e.o. + 2 drops sandalwood e.o.Directions:Gives a 1% dilution. The small quantities of carrier oil arenot essential, but do improve the lotion.This lotion is designed to soothe irritated skin, and is mildenough to use on young children or eczema sufferers. It isparticularly useful after removing hair from your legs, whetherby shaving, waxing, or epilating.It is a very calming lotion, and is also beneficial forinsomnia.--Recipe from SMehtaX2Spicy Grilled Corn on the CobIngredients: + lemon, cut in sections + powdered Cayenne pepper (hot) + salt + cornDirections:Peel the green ears and hair off of a stalk of corn on the cob.Place it on a BBQ grill over an open flame. Turn every 2-3minutes. Corn will snap and crackle as it turns a golden brownor light black color on all sides. Once browned, apply lemonsection to coat all surfaces of the corn with lemon juice.Then lightly sprinkle on red hot pepper and salt. Enjoy andkeep plenty of cool water on hand. Mouthwatering snack forpicnics or cook outsServes: 1Preparation time: 20 minutes--Recipe from Angela NatchevaVegan Pizza (with mashed potatoes)Ingredients: + mashed potatoes ( I use instant) + nutritional yeast (to taste) + salt (to taste) + roma tomatoes (sliced thickly) + oregano (to taste) + 1 garlic clove (fresh, sliced.. more if you like) + black pepper (to taste) + pizza toppings ( your choice) + pizza doughDirections:Pre heat oven to 500 F1. Mix the mashed potatoes with nutritional yeast, and salt totaste.2. Roll out the pizza dough, cover with the tomato slices,oregano, garlic, and black pepper.3. Add the topping that you like.4. Cover in a thin layer of the mashed potatoes, ( I know thissounds strange, but the potatoes keep the pizza from drying outand brown quite nicely)5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or till the crust isgolden.Serves: 4Preparation time: 30-------------------To send an email to -

well personally I only try out the recipes I like the sound of and can get all the ingredients for! (but, no offence, isn't that the obvious thing to do!)

Shelloid

-

Angie Wright

Sunday, January 13, 2002 12:06 AM

What do you do with the recipes? Do you actuallt make the food item? Angie

-

shelloid

Saturday, January 12, 2002 11:25 PM

Isn't it great!

Shelloid

-

EBbrewpunx

esi-list ;

recipes and such

In a message dated 1/12/02 3:15:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,

shelloid writes:

<< hey you get the veggies unite weekly recipe list too!?!

Isn't it great!

Shelloid >>

*nods*

uhuh

and, i even get to try some out..in all my glorious free time(which averages

10 minutes a week i think)

(ack!)

just happy to pass the recipes along

fraggle

No I have only ever followed a recipe for the bread maker and for my annual effort at mince pies which I don't bother with now anyway.

I was just curious as to whether people actually spent time doing recipe-cooking

Angie

-

shelloid

Sunday, January 13, 2002 1:08 PM

well personally I only try out the recipes I like the sound of and can get all the ingredients for! (but, no offence, isn't that the obvious thing to do!)

Shelloid

generally with recipes i follow it the first time & then if i like it just do it off the top of my head the next time.

Shelloid

'If you put your mind to it you can acomplish anything' - Dr. Emmett Brown

-

Angie Wright

Tuesday, January 15, 2002 6:43 PM

No I have only ever followed a recipe for the bread maker and for my annual effort at mince pies which I don't bother with now anyway.

I was just curious as to whether people actually spent time doing recipe-cooking

Angie

-

shelloid

Sunday, January 13, 2002 1:08 PM

Shelloid

To send an email to -

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if any really decent tasting

vegan " cheese " alternatives. I've found that many soys cheeses are

made with casein( a milk derivative). Also if anyone would like to

post your favorite vegan recipe......I'm all ears....or eyes since

this is email...:)

Don

:-( I personally haven't found any soy cheese that i truley fancydke44 <dke44 wrote:

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if any really decent tasting vegan "cheese" alternatives. I've found that many soys cheeses are made with casein( a milk derivative). Also if anyone would like to post your favorite vegan recipe......I'm all ears....or eyes since this is email...:)Don To send an email to -

Hi Don

Redwood's Cheezly is the best I have come across.

I'm sure I have a favourite recipe - I'll think about it and send it in later.

Jo

-

dke44

Saturday, September 20, 2003 10:33 PM

Recipes and such

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if any really decent tasting vegan "cheese" alternatives. I've found that many soys cheeses are made with casein( a milk derivative). Also if anyone would like to post your favorite vegan recipe......I'm all ears....or eyes since this is email...:)Don

To send an email to -

ooohhh im addicted to the stuff - just yummy, their sposed to be makin it able to melt like real cheese i dont know if its the cheezly or they making a new product? cant wait yummy cheesy pizza's its bin soooo long!!! Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> :-( I personally haven't found any soy cheese that i truley fancy

Personally, I like Redwoods "Cheezly" :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03To send an email to -

> Personally, I like Redwoods " Cheezly " :-)

I prefer Scheese (visit www.scheese.co.uk)

It's a shame neither Scheese of Cheezly melt though. I also wish I could

have a cheese pizza like the ones I used to eat. Anyone know what type of

cheese Veg City Diner in NYC uses as I had a grilled cheese there and it was

the most melted I've seen any cheese?

<3

Shari Black Velvet

Hi Don

EGADS! You know not what you have done!

Quick Peter! Erase this before fraggle sees it!

nikki ;)

, " dke44 " <dke44> wrote:

Also if anyone would like to

> post your favorite vegan recipe......I'm all ears....or eyes since

> this is email...:)

>

> Don

Hi

> ooohhh im addicted to the stuff - just yummy, their sposed to be makin it able to melt like real cheese i dont know if its the

> cheezly or they making a new product? cant wait yummy cheesy pizza's its bin soooo long!!!

I *reallly* hope they do... pizzas, and my personal pre-vegan favourite... cheese flan :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

i cant wait for the stuff to melt...........i really miss cheese on toast, onions in it, lots of salt..........

catherine

>"Peter"

> >

>Re: Recipes and such >Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:17:17 +0100 > >Hi > > > ooohhh im addicted to the stuff - just yummy, their sposed to be makin it able to melt like real cheese i dont know if its the > > cheezly or they making a new product? cant wait yummy cheesy pizza's its bin soooo long!!! > >I *reallly* hope they do... pizzas, and my personal pre-vegan favourite... cheese flan :-) > >BB >Peter > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03 Get a free connection, half-price modem and one month FREE, when you sign up for BT Broadband today!

Hi Catherine

I like it toopping tomatoes on toast!

Jo

i cant wait for the stuff to melt...........i really miss cheese on toast, onions in it, lots of salt..........

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

i cant wait for the stuff to melt...........i really miss cheese on toast,

onions in it, lots of salt..........

catherine

Catherine,

Is this your Welsh roots showing?

The Valley Vegan...

>

Peter H

--------------------

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

http://www.talk21.com

Never liked the taste or texture of cheese when I was an omnivore ( over 20 odd

years ago ), plus I cant see the attraction myself. I try and stay away from any

food product that tries to copy animal products - personal choice- as I think

better effort would be spent producing products promoting veganism without

resorting to selling " tastes like meat/cheese " etc as a selling point.

Just an opinion not a criticism of any one else.

Now I will get back to weeding out my spam e-mails...

The Valley Vegan...

> ooohhh im addicted to the stuff - just yummy, their sposed to be makin it able

to melt like real cheese i dont know if its the cheezly or they making a new

product? cant wait yummy cheesy pizza's its bin soooo long!!!

>

>Peter <metalscarab wrote:> :-( I personally haven't found any soy

cheese that i truley fancy

>

>Personally, I like Redwoods " Cheezly " :-)

>

>BB

>Peter

>

>

>---

>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<a Target='_new'

Href='http://talk21.btopenworld.com/redirect.html?http://www.grisoft.com)'>http:\

//www.grisoft.com)</a>

>Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release 01/09/03

>

>

hi valley vegan,

most probably...............how is it in s wales????????

catherine

>swpgh01 > > >Re: Recipes and such >Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:42:22 GMT+01:00 > > >i cant wait for the stuff to melt...........i really miss cheese on toast, onions in it, lots of salt.......... > >catherine > >Catherine, >Is this your Welsh roots showing? >The Valley Vegan... > > > >Peter H > >-------------------- >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com > Stay connected whilst on the move. Now you can get Hotmail sent directly to your mobile phone. Click here for details.