IndiaDivine.org

???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How do you freeze it? The stuff I buy is water packed.... would I

drain it first, or freeze the entire package, water and all?

-cindy

~

~seton1355 [seton1355]

~Tuesday, December 12, 2000 1:33 PM

~

~Re: ???

~

~

~

~Yes!! It tends to change the texture, but I like it, sort of

~chewey " meaty "

~Phillipa

~

~ I just got a great buy on firm tofu. Can I freeze it?

~ Brenda in

~B.C.Canada >>

~

~-------------------------- eGroups Sponsor

~-------------------------~-~>

~eLerts

~It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free!

~http://click./1/9699/0/_/579581/_/976649654/

~----------------------------

~--------_->

~

~contact owner: -owner

~Mail list:

~Delivered-mailing list

~List-Un: -

~

~no flaming arguing or denigration of others allowed

~contact owner with complaints regarding posting/list

~or anything else. Thank you.

~please share/comment/inform and mostly enjoy this list

~

~

~

~

In a message dated 12/12/00 2:05:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, blts5 writes:

I just got a great buy on firm tofu. Can I freeze it?

Brenda in B.C.Canada

Hi Brenda, sure you can, unless its been frozen before. I always have some frozen, it's so much more convenient. Be aware that it does change the texture somewhat- more crumbly, which makes it great for sauces, or for scrambled tofu .

Tracey

• 3 years later...

Join us at QuickVeg2!

It is the safe list that is free of this sort of sex spam.

You can find us by clicking here:

2/

The original list has no active owner;

she abandoned this list without appointing a new moderator.

Now the horrid spammers use it to post their crud.

Those of us that cared about the concept of the original

list have formed a new version. We now have a safe haven

for posting and sharing our vegetarian recipes!

I hope you will join us there.

Sincerely,

PT

2/

, " silverraven_bc "

<c10a8b48@i...>

wrote:

> I joined this group thinking it was for vegetarians... and what do

I find? ...stuff

that makes me blush right down to the soles of my

> feet... sorry... This certainly isn't what I expected to find

here...

>

> Bye!

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

OMG, It must be a were-cow.... (actually, technically it would be more a bovi-wolf, but I doubt anyone would have got that!)

BB

Peter

On 08/03/07, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Wed Mar 7, 9:23 AM ETKOLKATA, India (Reuters) - When dozens of chickens went missing from

a remote West Bengal village, everyone blamed the neighborhood dogs.But Ajit Ghosh, the owner of the missing chickens, eventually solvedthe puzzle when he caught his cow -- a sacred animal for the Hindufamily -- gobbling up several of them at night.

" We were shocked to see our calf eating chickens alive, " Ghosh toldReuters by phone from Chandpur village.The family decided to stand guard at night on Monday at the cow shedwhich also served as a hen coop, after 48 chickens went missing in a

month. " Instead of the dogs, we watched in horror as the calf, whom we hadfondly named Lal, sneak to the coop and grab the little ones with theprecision of a jungle cat, " Gour Ghosh, his brother, said.

Local television pictures showed the cow grabbing and eating achicken in seconds and a vet confirmed the case. " We think lack of vital minerals in the body is causing thisbehavior. We have taken a look and have asked doctors to look into

the case immediately, " Mihir Satpathy, a district veterinary officer,said by phone. " This strange behavior is possible in some exceptional cases, " Satpathy said.Hundreds of villagers flocked to Chandpur on Wednesday to catch a

glimpse of Lal, enjoying his bundle of green grass for a change. " The local vets said the cow was probably suffering from a diseasebut others said Lal was a tiger in his previous birth, " Ajit added.

Guest guest

HI Peter

LOL - I would have got the 'bovi-wolf, but I think I prefer the were-cow - probably because it reminds me of the were-rabbit!

By the way, has anyone else on here seen Hot Fuzz? I thought it was hilarious - really enjoyed it.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:42 AM

Re: ???

OMG, It must be a were-cow.... (actually, technically it would be more a bovi-wolf, but I doubt anyone would have got that!)

BB

Peter

On 08/03/07, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Wed Mar 7, 9:23 AM ETKOLKATA, India (Reuters) - When dozens of chickens went missing froma remote West Bengal village, everyone blamed the neighborhood dogs.But Ajit Ghosh, the owner of the missing chickens, eventually solvedthe puzzle when he caught his cow -- a sacred animal for the Hindufamily -- gobbling up several of them at night. "We were shocked to see our calf eating chickens alive," Ghosh toldReuters by phone from Chandpur village.The family decided to stand guard at night on Monday at the cow shedwhich also served as a hen coop, after 48 chickens went missing in a month."Instead of the dogs, we watched in horror as the calf, whom we hadfondly named Lal, sneak to the coop and grab the little ones with theprecision of a jungle cat," Gour Ghosh, his brother, said. Local television pictures showed the cow grabbing and eating achicken in seconds and a vet confirmed the case."We think lack of vital minerals in the body is causing thisbehavior. We have taken a look and have asked doctors to look into the case immediately," Mihir Satpathy, a district veterinary officer,said by phone."This strange behavior is possible in some exceptional cases,"Satpathy said.Hundreds of villagers flocked to Chandpur on Wednesday to catch a glimpse of Lal, enjoying his bundle of green grass for a change."The local vets said the cow was probably suffering from a diseasebut others said Lal was a tiger in his previous birth," Ajit added.

Guest guest

never heard of it until you mentioned it last time

sorry...

jo Mar 8, 2007 2:33 PM Re: ???

HI Peter

LOL - I would have got the 'bovi-wolf, but I think I prefer the were-cow - probably because it reminds me of the were-rabbit!

By the way, has anyone else on here seen Hot Fuzz? I thought it was hilarious - really enjoyed it.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:42 AM

Re: ???

BB

Peter

On 08/03/07, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Wed Mar 7, 9:23 AM ETKOLKATA, India (Reuters) - When dozens of chickens went missing froma remote West Bengal village, everyone blamed the neighborhood dogs.But Ajit Ghosh, the owner of the missing chickens, eventually solvedthe puzzle when he caught his cow -- a sacred animal for the Hindufamily -- gobbling up several of them at night. "We were shocked to see our calf eating chickens alive," Ghosh toldReuters by phone from Chandpur village.The family decided to stand guard at night on Monday at the cow shedwhich also served as a hen coop, after 48 chickens went missing in a month."Instead of the dogs, we watched in horror as the calf, whom we hadfondly named Lal, sneak to the coop and grab the little ones with theprecision of a jungle cat," Gour Ghosh, his brother, said. Local television pictures showed the cow grabbing and eating achicken in seconds and a vet confirmed the case."We think lack of vital minerals in the body is causing thisbehavior. We have taken a look and have asked doctors to look into the case immediately," Mihir Satpathy, a district veterinary officer,said by phone."This strange behavior is possible in some exceptional cases,"Satpathy said.Hundreds of villagers flocked to Chandpur on Wednesday to catch a glimpse of Lal, enjoying his bundle of green grass for a change."The local vets said the cow was probably suffering from a diseasebut others said Lal was a tiger in his previous birth," Ajit added.

• 6 months later...

Hmmm ... what in the world would the expression " anti-enzyme " even mean?

What would one be against? A protein??? The expression itself is completely

vacuous.

Elchanan

_____

rawfood [rawfood ] On Behalf Of

Erica

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:30 PM

rawfood

[Raw Food] Re: Enzyme myth

> LOL, anti-enzyme, I think I'll become anti-oxygen then.

Hey - *I'm* not, just to clarify!

LOL-

erica

Hmmm ... what in the world would the expression " anti-enzyme " even

mean?

To all -

I put it in quotes. It was just a term I made up in reference to all

the talk about how everyone wishes raw foodists banished talk about

enzymes and the importance of them so that the diet would seem more

credible. Um, it was not to be taken super-seriously.... I thought

that would be apparent, and least of all, offensive to anyone.

Erica