IndiaDivine.org

urban jungle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, I heard this story on the news. How odd, two large animals in an apartment. Still, think it is wise to refrain from judgement, we don't know the person or the details, and he may be suffering from a mental illness and have actually thought he was doing the right thing.

You know the saying, those without sin should cast the first stone ;) .

I think he is lucky that he didn't get hurt. I hope the animals are taken somewhere nice. Next we need to convince Seigfred and Roy to take up knitting and stop with the tiger shows, lol. No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back. -Turkish proverbFact: Each gallon of gas used by a car contributes almost 20 pounds of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere. A single car driving 1,000 miles a month adds up to 120 tons of CO2 annually. Fact: One crop of hemp grown on one acre of land produces the same amount of pulpable fiber as one acre of 20 year old trees.

The New with improved product search

at first it disturbed me to see animals in a zoo. i visit the zoo

regularly to hike or jog (we have wide walkways) and say hello. i'm

excited that the animals are there because so many of them are

becoming extinct in their environments.

again, this person could be sick, but with some animals, living in

captivity could be good for them.

it isn't a very easy question...

on the one hand, zoos provide the last refuge of certain species, and their is always the hope that when folks go see animals in a zoo, wild animal park, etc they'll somehow make a "connection" and want to make sure those creatures stay in existence

on the other hand, zoos are nuthin more then glorified prisons, many of them are no better then a jail, with cramped spaces and the animals bored out of their gourds.

and, imo, zoos encourage people to see animals as below themselves, as entertainment..."lookit mommy at the funny monkey in the cage"...its nuthin like seein the being in its native habitat...

and, often, zoos and the like have to draw people, and they often do that by getting "exotic" animals, like albinos and "white" variants...now, while a white tiger may draw the kiddies, it is worthless fer the species, as it won't survive anywhere but in a zoo or show...but, thats what people want, so thats wot gets bred....

fraggle

I think it has to be a good thing..providing the animals have as much space

to be happy..London zoo is not an example of how things should be for

animals. With large animals surely acres of space shoud be provided.

-

" joy2dai " <joy2dai

Sunday, October 12, 2003 6:13 AM

Re: urban jungle

> at first it disturbed me to see animals in a zoo. i visit the zoo

> regularly to hike or jog (we have wide walkways) and say hello. i'm

> excited that the animals are there because so many of them are

> becoming extinct in their environments.

>

> again, this person could be sick, but with some animals, living in

> captivity could be good for them.

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

In a message dated 10/13/03 7:23:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time, simonpjones writes:

Safari type parks have to a better than zoos..

not necessarily

depends on the main focus of the park

many of the older ones were just tourist traps who took horrible care of the critters there...

Safari type parks have to a better than zoos..

-

EBbrewpunx

Sunday, October 12, 2003 9:49 PM

Re: Re: urban jungle

it isn't a very easy question...on the one hand, zoos provide the last refuge of certain species, and their is always the hope that when folks go see animals in a zoo, wild animal park, etc they'll somehow make a "connection" and want to make sure those creatures stay in existenceon the other hand, zoos are nuthin more then glorified prisons, many of them are no better then a jail, with cramped spaces and the animals bored out of their gourds.and, imo, zoos encourage people to see animals as below themselves, as entertainment..."lookit mommy at the funny monkey in the cage"...its nuthin like seein the being in its native habitat...and, often, zoos and the like have to draw people, and they often do that by getting "exotic" animals, like albinos and "white" variants...now, while a white tiger may draw the kiddies, it is worthless fer the species, as it won't survive anywhere but in a zoo or show...but, thats what people want, so thats wot gets bred....fraggle To send an email to -

I take your point ...In terms of space they're usually they should get a better deal.

-

EBbrewpunx

Monday, October 13, 2003 5:35 PM

Re: Re: urban jungle

In a message dated 10/13/03 7:23:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time, simonpjones writes:

Safari type parks have to a better than zoos..not necessarilydepends on the main focus of the parkmany of the older ones were just tourist traps who took horrible care of the critters there... To send an email to -