IndiaDivine.org

Shirt of controversy?!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So... I made this shirt on the front it said Kiss Me I'm Vegan (as a joke,of course, because random people kissing me...would be weird) & On the back w/ a more seriouse note it said -Animal Liberation- Meat IS Murder. ...For the most part I got tons of positive feed back from peers, even professors. But someone found it "rude" apparently and I was asked to put something on over it, I politley said, If people can walk around with Band shirts thats promote, sex,drugs & violence/killing , I should be more than welcome to wear an artice of clothing promoting something TRUE & my way of liveing. And walked out of the office. Many of my friends who are vegetarians have asked me to make them shirts as well.

The New with improved product search

hi sam

good for you to stand up for your beliefs and t shirt...........there are many other images that are acceptable about violence/murder.....eg images of war drugs as you say which are ok............

strength and courage to you

catherine

>sam hall

> > > Shirt of controversy?! >Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:46:34 -0800 (PST) > >So... I made this shirt on the front it said Kiss Me I'm Vegan (as a joke,of course, because random people kissing me...would be weird) & On the back w/ a more seriouse note it said -Animal Liberation- Meat IS Murder. ...For the most part I got tons of positive feed back from peers, even professors. But someone found it "rude" apparently and I was asked to put something on over it, I politley said, If people can walk around with Band shirts thats promote, sex,drugs & violence/killing , I should be more than welcome to wear an artice of clothing promoting something TRUE & my way of liveing. And walked out of the office. Many of my friends who are vegetarians have asked me to make them shirts as well. > > > > >The New with improved product search Start downloading music from 62p per track with the MSN Music Club.

<rolling eyes> They seriously expected you to cover your shirt?

Sheesh! Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Frankly, I think you did the right thing! People run around with all

types of obscenities on their shirts these days... and it doesn't

sound like your shirt was really offensive. I mean, it's not like it

read " YOU'RE a murderer, " right? ;)

Thanks for the support guys :-)asiagurrl <asiagurrl wrote:

<rolling eyes> They seriously expected you to cover your shirt? Sheesh! Whatever happened to freedom of speech?Frankly, I think you did the right thing! People run around with all types of obscenities on their shirts these days... and it doesn't sound like your shirt was really offensive. I mean, it's not like it read "YOU'RE a murderer," right? ;)To send an email to -