IndiaDivine.org

I am feeling upset

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/5/03 11:15:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, californiagnomes writes:

It's been hard having a week where I have had two big mistakes, veganism is a lifestyle and a belief system to me, and it is hard to take a big sip of cream and be ok with it.

it'll be ok...

we all make mistakes, they are, after-all, mistakes....

we just sometimes have to take the "fall" and choke it up to learning experiences and the like

we reside in a world were mass suffereing and carnage is common place, and its gonna be hard to buck the trend...

of course..imagine if a restaurant was discovered to be serving baby fat and dog feces in their food..i wonder how others out in society would take that!

anyways..be well..

and take it slow...

don't beat yerself up for it..its not like you intentionally did it...

learn

educate

explore

live

cheers

fraggle

I know how you feel. I have asked for a bean burrito, no cheese. I get it home and what does it have? Cheese! Now that makes me mad. I don't want to waste it, so I give it to my dogs. And I buy vegetarian dog food for them, so I don't like giving the mistake to them either. I live about 30 miles from the store, so now I open the burrito at the store to make sure it doesn't have anything bad on it.

I am really feeling upset, I know that vegans can't stay away from all unintentional ingestion of animal products, and that is part of being vegan, but I still feel bad.

I did find out a bread I was eating, getting free from the Co Op for a volunteer thing I am part of, had honey in it. I thought it was vegan. Fine, no big deal, I jsut won't eat it in the future. But then, I go to the coffeee cart today, adn ask for a coffee "Americana", when they said cream and sugar I said no.

I take a sip while I am driving and get a big gulp of creamy coffee. It really upset me and I went back, the cart was already gone for the day. I was really going to chew them out, but then I thought maybe I will just make a real point about what a big deal that is.

It's been hard having a week where I have had two big mistakes, veganism is a lifestyle and a belief system to me, and it is hard to take a big sip of cream and be ok with it.

I'm sure Fraggle can understand after his Indian resteraunt experience, although he seems better at coping than me. Maybe over time, I have been vegan just over six months, and am really very strict. I guess I will learn as time goes by.No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back. -Turkish proverbFact: Each gallon of gas used by a car contributes almost 20 pounds of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere. A single car driving 1,000 miles a month adds up to 120 tons of CO2 annually. Fact: One crop of hemp grown on one acre of land produces the same amount of pulpable fiber as one acre of 20 year old trees.

Protect your identity with Mail AddressGuard

It is hard not to feel bad about it - but at least you didn't do it by choice.

Jo

I am really feeling upset, I know that vegans can't stay away from all unintentional ingestion of animal products, and that is part of being vegan, but I still feel bad.

I did find out a bread I was eating, getting free from the Co Op for a volunteer thing I am part of, had honey in it. I thought it was vegan. Fine, no big deal, I jsut won't eat it in the future. But then, I go to the coffeee cart today, adn ask for a coffee "Americana", when they said cream and sugar I said no.

I take a sip while I am driving and get a big gulp of creamy coffee. It really upset me and I went back, the cart was already gone for the day. I was really going to chew them out, but then I thought maybe I will just make a real point about what a big deal that is.

I'm sure Fraggle can understand after his Indian resteraunt experience, although he seems better at coping than me. Maybe over time, I have been vegan just over six months, and am really very strict. I guess I will learn as time goes by.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.530 / Virus Database: 325 - Release 23/10/03

Hi

30 miles it certainly too far to take it back - I sometimes wonder whether people don't listen or don't understand (or maybe don't care).

Jo

I know how you feel. I have asked for a bean burrito, no cheese. I get it home and what does it have? Cheese! Now that makes me mad. I don't want to waste it, so I give it to my dogs. And I buy vegetarian dog food for them, so I don't like giving the mistake to them either. I live about 30 miles from the store, so now I open the burrito at the store to make sure it doesn't have anything bad on it.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.530 / Virus Database: 325 - Release 23/10/03

jez, you guys put me to shame. I'm nowhere near as strict as this.

But I would say that veganism is about compassion isn't it? So I think you should extand that compassion to yourself. We're only human, we can't be perfect, and sometimes things are out of our hands.

Lee

Heartwork [Heartwork]05 November 2003 23:44 Subject: Re: I am feeling upset

It is hard not to feel bad about it - but at least you didn't do it by choice.

Jo

I'm sure Fraggle can understand after his Indian resteraunt experience, although he seems better at coping than me. Maybe over time, I have been vegan just over six months, and am really very strict. I guess I will learn as time goes by.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.530 / Virus Database: 325 - Release 23/10/03To send an email to -

Hi Lee,

Maybe this has already been asked/answered because I am a bit behind

on posts again. I know, what else is new! :)

But I am confused here as to what you mean by " strict " . Do you mean

in the food category? Because veganism is eating no animal products

what-so-ever. Mayhaps you are more of a vegetarian? Which there is

nothing wrong with either.

Nikki

:)

, " Lee Delaney " <lee.delaney@k...>

wrote:

> jez, you guys put me to shame. I'm nowhere near as strict as this.

> But I would say that veganism is about compassion isn't it? So I

think you

> should extand that compassion to yourself. We're only human, we

can't be

> perfect, and sometimes things are out of our hands.

> Lee

>

> Heartwork [Heartwork@o...]

> 05 November 2003 23:44

>

> Re: I am feeling upset

>

>

> It is hard not to feel bad about it - but at least you didn't do

it by

> choice.

>

> Jo

> I am really feeling upset, I know that vegans can't stay away

from all

> unintentional ingestion of animal products, and that is part of

being vegan,

> but I still feel bad.

> I did find out a bread I was eating, getting free from the Co

Op for a

> volunteer thing I am part of, had honey in it. I thought it was

vegan. Fine,

> no big deal, I jsut won't eat it in the future. But then, I go to

the

> coffeee cart today, adn ask for a coffee " Americana " , when they

said cream

> and sugar I said no.

> I take a sip while I am driving and get a big gulp of creamy

coffee. It

> really upset me and I went back, the cart was already gone for the

day. I

> was really going to chew them out, but then I thought maybe I will

just make

> a real point about what a big deal that is.

> It's been hard having a week where I have had two big mistakes,

veganism

> is a lifestyle and a belief system to me, and it is hard to take a

big sip

> of cream and be ok with it.

> I'm sure Fraggle can understand after his Indian resteraunt

experience,

> although he seems better at coping than me. Maybe over time, I have

been

> vegan just over six months, and am really very strict. I guess I

will learn

> as time goes by.

>

>

> ---

> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> Version: 6.0.530 / Virus Database: 325 - Release 23/10/03

>

>

hey Nikki,

yeah I mean strict in the food sense. I seem to be eating more as a veggie at the minute, which annoys me. i hate myself when i do it. Its hard at the minute cos I seem to be having a very hectic time, although that shouldnt really be an excuse.

I'm aspiring to be vegan i guess, but falling a little short right now.

Lee

nikki_mackovitch [nikkimack]10 November 2003 11:37 Subject: Re: I am feeling upsetHi Lee,Maybe this has already been asked/answered because I am a bit behind on posts again. I know, what else is new! :)But I am confused here as to what you mean by "strict". Do you mean in the food category? Because veganism is eating no animal products what-so-ever. Mayhaps you are more of a vegetarian? Which there is nothing wrong with either.Nikki:) , "Lee Delaney" <lee.delaney@k...> wrote:> jez, you guys put me to shame. I'm nowhere near as strict as this.> But I would say that veganism is about compassion isn't it? So I think you> should extand that compassion to yourself. We're only human, we can't be> perfect, and sometimes things are out of our hands.> Lee> > Heartwork [Heartwork@o...]> 05 November 2003 23:44> > Re: I am feeling upset> > > It is hard not to feel bad about it - but at least you didn't do it by> choice.> > Jo> I am really feeling upset, I know that vegans can't stay away from all> unintentional ingestion of animal products, and that is part of being vegan,> but I still feel bad.> I did find out a bread I was eating, getting free from the Co Op for a> volunteer thing I am part of, had honey in it. I thought it was vegan. Fine,> no big deal, I jsut won't eat it in the future. But then, I go to the> coffeee cart today, adn ask for a coffee "Americana", when they said cream> and sugar I said no.> I take a sip while I am driving and get a big gulp of creamy coffee. It> really upset me and I went back, the cart was already gone for the day. I> was really going to chew them out, but then I thought maybe I will just make> a real point about what a big deal that is.> It's been hard having a week where I have had two big mistakes, veganism> is a lifestyle and a belief system to me, and it is hard to take a big sip> of cream and be ok with it.> I'm sure Fraggle can understand after his Indian resteraunt experience,> although he seems better at coping than me. Maybe over time, I have been> vegan just over six months, and am really very strict. I guess I will learn> as time goes by.> > > ---> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).> Version: 6.0.530 / Virus Database: 325 - Release 23/10/03> >