IndiaDivine.org

Using Thanksgiving as a Time for Exposure... what do you thi...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/03 3:11:05 PM Pacific Standard Time, asiagurrl writes:

As a note: I did bring vegan blueberry muffins to a family breakfast

once, and no one would try them. Muffins, for God's sake!! The only

diff in the recipe was ground flaxseed instead of eggs and soymilk

instead of regular milk... and they were delicious, too!

well

everyone knows its the suffering and death which makes muffins taste better

*rolls eyes*

hey guys, firstly, can I have those recipes as they sound yummy!

in terms of exposure nd that kind of thing. When I left IReland and my family i was able to expose myself to new politics and philosophies and would end up going home on occasions and trying to 'convert' or 'educate' my family and I've found that that can really strain the relationship you have with them. And in a more general sense what I've come to see from various campaigning I've been involved in and trying to influence opinion and perceptions is that people don't want ot be told they're wrong, and they won't admit to being wrong anyway. Every person has their own thought process which justifies how they live. Because we see meat as being wrong, doesn't make it inherently wrong. So other people won't necessari;y agree with us, obviously. But I don't think actually arguing the point is constructive. I think it just creates a conflict in which one side battles the other and the arguments no matter how well delivered and thoughtful end up gettin discarded for the sake of one-upmanship etc. I think its much more productive to set an example in your own life, to make your ideas available to others so they can make their own minds up. At the end of the day people will make their own minds up, thats what we all do. You won't change someone's ideas by trying to re-educate them, I think that will only breed a hostility towards those ideas.

Thats my opinion and experience anyway.

veganjaney [janey]14 November 2003 08:00 Subject: Re: Using Thanksgiving as a Time for Exposure... what do you thi...I must remember that quote Fraggle! Very good! Janey x > well> everyone knows its the suffering and death which makes muffins taste better> *rolls eyes*To send an email to -