IndiaDivine.org

Cross Posting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It has been brought to my attention that, once again, a (lurking) member of has been forwarding posts from on to other lists without the permission of the authors.

I have stated before, and will state again, that this is not only against Terms of Service, but it is also a breach of copyright laws. As previously stated, anybody caught forwarding e-mails from this list to any other without the express permission of the author will be banned without any further warning.

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release 05/12/03

Have you any idea who it is Peter?

-

Peter

Saturday, December 06, 2003 11:46 AM

Cross Posting

It has been brought to my attention that, once again, a (lurking) member of has been forwarding posts from on to other lists without the permission of the authors.

I have stated before, and will state again, that this is not only against Terms of Service, but it is also a breach of copyright laws. As previously stated, anybody caught forwarding e-mails from this list to any other without the express permission of the author will be banned without any further warning.

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release 05/12/03To send an email to -

Hi Simon

> Have you any idea who it is Peter?

I have seen the post concerned on VegansUncensored, and do know who it was. It was someone who hasn't ever posted on , but I don't see any point in causing any trouble by naming names. All has been dealt with, but I felt it necessary just to post a reminder.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release 05/12/03

Actually, it read to me more like a warning than a reminder ;=( and I

thought, Why not write to the individual rather than the list? Then I

tried to find the message in my trash (whoops, deleted!), fearing it was

I who had inadvertently sent something on without permission. (I ask

permission for messages authored by members of various lists, but am

likely not to do so of articles and items which have an url to the

original on the website.)

Your point is well taken, of course ;=) And although I cannot be sure I

have posted much on this list (I am on other lists with many of the same

people), it cannot be said now *lol* - I enjoy reading all the posts!

Pat (Canada)

>

> I have seen the post concerned on VegansUncensored, and do know who it

> was. It was someone who hasn't ever posted on , but I don't

> see any point in causing any trouble by naming names. All has been

> dealt with, but I felt it necessary just to post a reminder.

>

--

SANTBROWN

townhounds/

vegetarianslimming/

HOMEPAGE: http://www.angelfire.com/art/pendragon/

----------

* " I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet " - Gandhi

* " The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of

animals as they now look upon the murder of men " - Leonardo da Vinci

----------

Don't worry Pat it wasn't you. It's only when messages are cross-posted in a vicious manner without the author or the list owner's permission that it becomes a problem.

Janey

Actually, it read to me more like a warning than a reminder ;=( and Ithought, Why not write to the individual rather than the list? Then Itried to find the message in my trash (whoops, deleted!), fearing it wasI who had inadvertently sent something on without permission. (I askpermission for messages authored by members of various lists, but amlikely not to do so of articles and items which have an url to theoriginal on the website.)Your point is well taken, of course ;=) And although I cannot be sure Ihave posted much on this list (I am on other lists with many of the samepeople), it cannot be said now *lol* - I enjoy reading all the posts!Pat (Canada)

Hi Pat

> Actually, it read to me more like a warning than a reminder ;=( and I> thought, Why not write to the individual rather than the list? Then I> tried to find the message in my trash (whoops, deleted!), fearing it was> I who had inadvertently sent something on without permission. (I ask> permission for messages authored by members of various lists, but am> likely not to do so of articles and items which have an url to the> original on the website.)

As Janey's already said, it wasn't you, so don't worry! Sometimes people do make mistakes, but on this particular occasion it seemed to be done with not very nice intentions, hence the tone of my general message.

As far as the vast majority of people (including yourself) should be concerned, it was just a polite reminder. :-)

BB

Peter

Whew! So it wasn't me! What a relief. And, just to let you know, there's

a whole buncha stuff I didn't do as well ;=)

Best,

Pat/Canada

--

SANTBROWN

townhounds/

vegetarianslimming/

HOMEPAGE: http://www.angelfire.com/art/pendragon/

----------

* " I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet " - Gandhi

* " The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of

animals as they now look upon the murder of men " - Leonardo da Vinci

----------