IndiaDivine.org

christmas bad vibes...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi all......

had good xmas dinner with family as i cooked it, apart fromturkey which my father did........then wnet over aunts.........andboy was it a disaster vegan wise....... i had asked her if i should bring anything over after conversation about no meat no dairy etc.......

i got there, and she had bought me cheese sauce to go with pasta......i said ok i cant eat that ill eat pasta with salad........but she threw wobbler..........

i was polite and assertive, and aware my gran who is 84 doesnt need turmoil, but after cooling off in bathroom after an hour and twenty minutes of her being very rude, i left saying i had headache and needed fresh air.......

now there is family battle over whether i am, at 43, entitled to choose to be a vegan.......

ye gods!!!

iam glad to be back, today, in the quiet of my own home, and saddened by some peoples need to control others, also inorder to assauge their guilt about eating meat maybe........

glad tobe back sharing this with all of you!!!!!

take care

catherine

ps jo....thanks for info about bread maker

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: fresh bread >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:59:19 -0000 > >Hi Catherine > >We have a Morphy Richards Fastbake - and yes, I would recommend it. We use it almost daily. > >Happy Solstice. > >Jo > - > Catherine Harris > > Monday, December 22, 2003 4:48 PM > Re: fresh bread > > > hi jo > > which bread machine have you got, and would you reccomend it? > > catherine > > > > >"Heartwork" > > > >> >Re: fresh bread > >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:45:28 -0000 > > > >Hi Paul > > > >Our bread machine works like a dream - we also have a lovely smell of > >cooking bread drifting through the house - enjoy yours. > > > >Jo > > > > > >--- > >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > >Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release 05/12/03 > > > > > >To send an email to - > > > >

Hi Catherine:

You sweet email is heartbreaking. A lot of people feel personally threatened by vegans and vegetarians. It can really be hard sometimes when that comes from your own family.

Hugs,

EM

Catherine Harris <cait2 wrote:

hi all......

had good xmas dinner with family as i cooked it, apart fromturkey which my father did........then wnet over aunts.........andboy was it a disaster vegan wise....... i had asked her if i should bring anything over after conversation about no meat no dairy etc.......

i got there, and she had bought me cheese sauce to go with pasta......i said ok i cant eat that ill eat pasta with salad........but she threw wobbler..........

i was polite and assertive, and aware my gran who is 84 doesnt need turmoil, but after cooling off in bathroom after an hour and twenty minutes of her being very rude, i left saying i had headache and needed fresh air.......

now there is family battle over whether i am, at 43, entitled to choose to be a vegan.......

ye gods!!!

iam glad to be back, today, in the quiet of my own home, and saddened by some peoples need to control others, also inorder to assauge their guilt about eating meat maybe........

take care

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: fresh bread >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:59:19 -0000 > >Hi Catherine > >We have a Morphy Richards Fastbake - and yes, I would recommend it. We use it almost daily. > >Happy Solstice. > >Jo > - > Catherine Harris > > Monday, December 22, 2003 4:48 PM > Re: fresh bread > > > hi jo > > which bread machine have you got, and would you reccomend it? > > catherine > > > > >"Heartwork" > > > >> >Re: fresh bread > >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:45:28 -0000 > > > >Hi Paul > > > >Our bread machine works like a dream - we also have a lovely smell of > >cooking bread drifting through the house - enjoy yours. > > > >Jo > > > > > >--- > >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > >Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release 05/12/03 > > > > > >To send an email to - > > > >

Hi Catherine

So sorry to hear about your bad visit to your aunt! If you are anything like me, you feel completely normal in your own home but when you visit others you feel as if you have ten heads and are made to feel like you have completely lost your marbles! My family were absolutely brilliant towards me and my veganism this Christmas. I took all of my own food and apart from one aunt who kept asking what I was eating and then saying she couldn't do it (!), it all ran very smoothly.

Janey x

HI Catherine

I'm glad your dinner was okay, but sorry to hear about the rest. Some people can be so awkward!

Good to have you back.

Jo

-

Catherine Harris

Tuesday, December 30, 2003 2:41 PM

Re: christmas bad vibes...

hi all......

ye gods!!!

take care

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

Hi Catherine,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND TO ALL THE OTHERS

your story, Catherine, remembers me to my oldest (big) brother as he wanted to give me kebabs (ghyros) from his shop on a travel from Germany to Greece many years ago, even if I told him I do not eat meat.

I have thrown all that (4 kebabs (ghyros)) away as I was passing the former Yugoslavia (now it is Croatia there).

I only took them to my car for not to continue arguing.

Another time he said: What do you eat if you don't eat meat?

Many meateaters (not all of them) are so locked in their little world, they do not even think about, that there is a lot of other food and meat is just only one of them (if I should call it "food").

YannisCatherine Harris <cait2 wrote:

hi all......

ye gods!!!

take care

catherine

ps jo....thanks for info about bread maker Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

hi ioannis

sad to hear that you have had pressure from family too......

catherine

>ioannis Tsoucas

> > >Re: christmas bad vibes... >Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:06:11 +0000 (GMT) > >Hi Catherine, > >HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND TO ALL THE OTHERS > >your story, Catherine, remembers me to my oldest (big) brother as he wanted to give me kebabs (ghyros) from his shop on a travel from Germany to Greece many years ago, even if I told him I do not eat meat. >I have thrown all that (4 kebabs (ghyros)) away as I was passing the former Yugoslavia (now it is Croatia there). >I only took them to my car for not to continue arguing. > >Another time he said: What do you eat if you don't eat meat? > >Many meateaters (not all of them) are so locked in their little world, they do not even think about, that there is a lot of other food and meat is just only one of them (if I should call it "food"). > >Yannis > >Catherine Harris wrote: > >hi all...... > >had good xmas dinner with family as i cooked it, apart fromturkey which my father did........then wnet over aunts.........andboy was it a disaster vegan wise....... i had asked her if i should bring anything over after conversation about no meat no dairy etc....... > >i got there, and she had bought me cheese sauce to go with pasta......i said ok i cant eat that ill eat pasta with salad........but she threw wobbler.......... > >i was polite and assertive, and aware my gran who is 84 doesnt need turmoil, but after cooling off in bathroom after an hour and twenty minutes of her being very rude, i left saying i had headache and needed fresh air....... > >now there is family battle over whether i am, at 43, entitled to choose to be a vegan....... > >ye gods!!! > >iam glad to be back, today, in the quiet of my own home, and saddened by some peoples need to control others, also inorder to assauge their guilt about eating meat maybe........ > >glad tobe back sharing this with all of you!!!!! > >take care > >catherine > >ps jo....thanks for info about bread maker > > > > > > > Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now Get a free connection, half-price modem and one month FREE, when you sign up for BT Broadband today!

EM thanks

>Sun Music

> > >Re: christmas bad vibes... >Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:53:47 -0800 (PST) > >Hi Catherine: > >You sweet email is heartbreaking. A lot of people feel personally threatened by vegans and vegetarians. It can really be hard sometimes when that comes from your own family. > >Hugs, >EM > > >Catherine Harris wrote: > >hi all...... > >had good xmas dinner with family as i cooked it, apart fromturkey which my father did........then wnet over aunts.........andboy was it a disaster vegan wise....... i had asked her if i should bring anything over after conversation about no meat no dairy etc....... > >i got there, and she had bought me cheese sauce to go with pasta......i said ok i cant eat that ill eat pasta with salad........but she threw wobbler.......... > >i was polite and assertive, and aware my gran who is 84 doesnt need turmoil, but after cooling off in bathroom after an hour and twenty minutes of her being very rude, i left saying i had headache and needed fresh air....... > >now there is family battle over whether i am, at 43, entitled to choose to be a vegan....... > >ye gods!!! > >iam glad to be back, today, in the quiet of my own home, and saddened by some peoples need to control others, also inorder to assauge their guilt about eating meat maybe........ > >glad tobe back sharing this with all of you!!!!! > >take care > >catherine > >ps jo....thanks for info about bread maker > > > > > >"Heartwork" > > > >> >Re: fresh bread > >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:59:19 -0000 > > > >Hi Catherine > > > >We have a Morphy Richards Fastbake - and yes, I would recommend it. We use it almost daily. > > > >Happy Solstice. > > > >Jo > > - > > Catherine Harris > > > > Monday, December 22, 2003 4:48 PM > > Re: fresh bread > > > > > > hi jo > > > > which bread machine have you got, and would you reccomend it? > > > > catherine > > > > > > > > >"Heartwork" > > > > > >> > >Re: fresh bread > > >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:45:28 -0000 > > > > > >Hi Paul > > > > > >Our bread machine works like a dream - we also have a lovely smell of > > >cooking bread drifting through the house - enjoy yours. > > > > > >Jo > > > > > > > > >--- > > >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > > >Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release 05/12/03 > > > > > > > > >To send an email to - > > > > > >

hi jo

thanks

good to be back with you all!!!!

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: christmas bad vibes... >Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:07:18 -0000 > >HI Catherine > >I'm glad your dinner was okay, but sorry to hear about the rest. Some people can be so awkward! > >Good to have you back. > >Jo > - > Catherine Harris > > Tuesday, December 30, 2003 2:41 PM > Re: christmas bad vibes... > > > hi all...... > > had good xmas dinner with family as i cooked it, apart fromturkey which my father did........then wnet over aunts.........andboy was it a disaster vegan wise....... i had asked her if i should bring anything over after conversation about no meat no dairy etc....... > > i got there, and she had bought me cheese sauce to go with pasta......i said ok i cant eat that ill eat pasta with salad........but she threw wobbler.......... > > i was polite and assertive, and aware my gran who is 84 doesnt need turmoil, but after cooling off in bathroom after an hour and twenty minutes of her being very rude, i left saying i had headache and needed fresh air....... > > now there is family battle over whether i am, at 43, entitled to choose to be a vegan....... > > ye gods!!! > > iam glad to be back, today, in the quiet of my own home, and saddened by some peoples need to control others, also inorder to assauge their guilt about eating meat maybe........ > > glad tobe back sharing this with all of you!!!!! > > take care > > catherine > > ps jo....thanks for info about bread maker > > > > >"Heartwork" > > > >> >Re: fresh bread > >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:59:19 -0000 > > > >Hi Catherine > > > >We have a Morphy Richards Fastbake - and yes, I would recommend it. We use it almost daily. > > > >Happy Solstice. > > > >Jo > > - > > Catherine Harris > > > > Monday, December 22, 2003 4:48 PM > > Re: fresh bread > > > > > > hi jo > > > > which bread machine have you got, and would you reccomend it? > > > > catherine > > > > > > > > >"Heartwork" > > > > > >> > >Re: fresh bread > > >Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:45:28 -0000 > > > > > >Hi Paul > > > > > >Our bread machine works like a dream - we also have a lovely smell of > > >cooking bread drifting through the house - enjoy yours. > > > > > >Jo > > > > > > > > >--- > > >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > > >Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release 05/12/03 > > > > > > > > >To send an email to - > > > > > >