IndiaDivine.org

Daughter's Acne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

I'm Nina and have been transitioning to more raw for about a month.

My 21 yr old daughter is home on break and wants to try raw and no

meat (we've been off dairy for a long time) to see if it will help

or clear her androgen acne. You know the kind that's from stress.

She can't get rid of college so has to live with the stress.

We were both lo carb-high protein for a couple of years. Her college

athlete boyfriend told her to eat tons of meat to build muscle. I

wonder too if the meat is contributing to the acne.

Before the lo carb-hi protein we were mostly vegetarian with some

meat. I found out I have hep c and went raw to improve my health

(mucho fatigue). I feel alot better already. This change is not that

hard for my daughter except the transitioning from meat.

Anyhoo, I told her I would post to see if anyone had experience with

acne or knew someone that had cleared or improved their acne with

the vegan diet.

Also, please someone inform me. What is the difference between

vegetarian and vegan and raw and fructarian. As many sites as I have

visited I still haven't figured it out. Probably, clear as a bell-

I'm just not hearing it. Oh yeah, fructarian is mostly fruit right

but is that vegetarian or vegan?

TIA,

Nina

vegetarians don't eat meat, etc, though many eat dairy

vegans abstain from all animal products, meat, dairy, eggs..including animal products like leather and such

raw eat raw...ie nuthin cooked, some are vegans, others are not

fruitarians eat only fruit..the reproductive body part of plants that a seeding plant produces to surround its seed...

acne

well..first off, acne can be caused by a variety of reasons..from stress to food allergies...

dairy can often be a precluding cause of acne

high meat diets as well...

acne is often caused by a hormone imbalance(hence, during adolescents, when our hormones go ga-ga we often begin to get acne)...if you eat a diet high in meat and meat products, you are flushin yer system with tons of hormones(both from the deceased animals own body, and from hormones pumped into the critter to make it grow faster, produce more milk, etc)...

Hi Nina,

First: the fructarian and raw diets are included in the vegan diet. The vegan diet is included in the "vegetarian" diet. But not the opposite, because the fructarians and the raw eaters eat just a part of the vegan products only. The vegans eat a part of the "vegetarian" products: we vegans do not eat milk products, eggs and honey, but the "vegetarians" eat the three things.

About the boy friend and eating meat to build muscles I want to tell you a real story from the bible, Old Testament: In those old times as the Babylonians had occupied Palestine, there were three Jews men imprisoned by the Babylonians. I remember to the name of one of them only: the prophet David. As well known, the Jews eat kosher. The Babylonians didn't. The three men asked the Babylonians not to give them meat, as the Babylonian meat was not kosher. The result: At the end they were stronger than the Babylonians. Tell that to all meat eaters and especially to your daughter's boyfriend.

About acne, I don't know anything. Myself I never had any problems like that so long I was "vegetarian" and I then vegan.

By the way I want to announce to all, that I have an own non commercial website. It is a very new one, since December, and I want to add more information and links about vegan and Christian things: www.geocities.com/itsoucas Every one is invited to look in.

Yanniso_ravonelle <nbozarth wrote:

Hi all,I'm Nina and have been transitioning to more raw for about a month. My 21 yr old daughter is home on break and wants to try raw and no meat (we've been off dairy for a long time) to see if it will help or clear her androgen acne. You know the kind that's from stress. She can't get rid of college so has to live with the stress.We were both lo carb-high protein for a couple of years. Her college athlete boyfriend told her to eat tons of meat to build muscle. I wonder too if the meat is contributing to the acne.Before the lo carb-hi protein we were mostly vegetarian with some meat. I found out I have hep c and went raw to improve my health (mucho fatigue). I feel alot better already. This change is not that hard for my daughter except the transitioning from meat.Anyhoo, I told her I would post to see if anyone had experience with

acne or knew someone that had cleared or improved their acne with the vegan diet.Also, please someone inform me. What is the difference between vegetarian and vegan and raw and fructarian. As many sites as I have visited I still haven't figured it out. Probably, clear as a bell-I'm just not hearing it. Oh yeah, fructarian is mostly fruit right but is that vegetarian or vegan?TIA,NinaTo send an email to -

hi all

i have had acne for years, but since i went vegan last january, my skin is completely clear for the first time since i was 11.......

not a pimple in sight.......

catherine

>ioannis Tsoucas

> > >Re: Daughter's Acne >Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:28:51 +0000 (GMT) > >Hi Nina, > >First: the fructarian and raw diets are included in the vegan diet. The vegan diet is included in the "vegetarian" diet. But not the opposite, because the fructarians and the raw eaters eat just a part of the vegan products only. The vegans eat a part of the "vegetarian" products: we vegans do not eat milk products, eggs and honey, but the "vegetarians" eat the three things. > >About the boy friend and eating meat to build muscles I want to tell you a real story from the bible, Old Testament: In those old times as the Babylonians had occupied Palestine, there were three Jews men imprisoned by the Babylonians. I remember to the name of one of them only: the prophet David. As well known, the Jews eat kosher. The Babylonians didn't. The three men asked the Babylonians not to give them meat, as the Babylonian meat was not kosher. The result: At the end they were stronger than the Babylonians. Tell that to all meat eaters and especially to your daughter's boyfriend. > >About acne, I don't know anything. Myself I never had any problems like that so long I was "vegetarian" and I then vegan. > >By the way I want to announce to all, that I have an own non commercial website. It is a very new one, since December, and I want to add more information and links about vegan and Christian things: www.geocities.com/itsoucas Every one is invited to look in. > >Yannis > >o_ravonelle wrote: >Hi all, >I'm Nina and have been transitioning to more raw for about a month. >My 21 yr old daughter is home on break and wants to try raw and no >meat (we've been off dairy for a long time) to see if it will help >or clear her androgen acne. You know the kind that's from stress. >She can't get rid of college so has to live with the stress. >We were both lo carb-high protein for a couple of years. Her college >athlete boyfriend told her to eat tons of meat to build muscle. I >wonder too if the meat is contributing to the acne. >Before the lo carb-hi protein we were mostly vegetarian with some >meat. I found out I have hep c and went raw to improve my health >(mucho fatigue). I feel alot better already. This change is not that >hard for my daughter except the transitioning from meat. >Anyhoo, I told her I would post to see if anyone had experience with >acne or knew someone that had cleared or improved their acne with >the vegan diet. >Also, please someone inform me. What is the difference between >vegetarian and vegan and raw and fructarian. As many sites as I have >visited I still haven't figured it out. Probably, clear as a bell- >I'm just not hearing it. Oh yeah, fructarian is mostly fruit right >but is that vegetarian or vegan? >TIA, >Nina > > > >To send an email to - > >

Hi all,

With the story from the bible and who is stronger, the vegans are the meateaters, I have done a mistake: The not eating Babylonian meat in the old testament was not David, he was the prophet Daniel.

Sorry about this my mistake

Yannisioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas wrote:

Hi Nina,

First: the fructarian and raw diets are included in the vegan diet. The vegan diet is included in the "vegetarian" diet. But not the opposite, because the fructarians and the raw eaters eat just a part of the vegan products only. The vegans eat a part of the "vegetarian" products: we vegans do not eat milk products, eggs and honey, but the "vegetarians" eat the three things.

About the boy friend and eating meat to build muscles I want to tell you a real story from the bible, Old Testament: In those old times as the Babylonians had occupied Palestine, there were three Jews men imprisoned by the Babylonians. I remember to the name of one of them only: the prophet David. As well known, the Jews eat kosher. The Babylonians didn't. The three men asked the Babylonians not to give them meat, as the Babylonian meat was not kosher. The result: At the end they were stronger than the Babylonians. Tell that to all meat eaters and especially to your daughter's boyfriend.

About acne, I don't know anything. Myself I never had any problems like that so long I was "vegetarian" and I then vegan.

By the way I want to announce to all, that I have an own non commercial website. It is a very new one, since December, and I want to add more information and links about vegan and Christian things: www.geocities.com/itsoucas Every one is invited to look in.

Yanniso_ravonelle <nbozarth wrote:

Hi all,I'm Nina and have been transitioning to more raw for about a month. My 21 yr old daughter is home on break and wants to try raw and no meat (we've been off dairy for a long time) to see if it will help or clear her androgen acne. You know the kind that's from stress. She can't get rid of college so has to live with the stress.We were both lo carb-high protein for a couple of years. Her college athlete boyfriend told her to eat tons of meat to build muscle. I wonder too if the meat is contributing to the acne.Before the lo carb-hi protein we were mostly vegetarian with some meat. I found out I have hep c and went raw to improve my health (mucho fatigue). I feel alot better already. This change is not that hard for my daughter except the transitioning from meat.Anyhoo, I told her I would post to see if anyone had experience with

acne or knew someone that had cleared or improved their acne with the vegan diet.Also, please someone inform me. What is the difference between vegetarian and vegan and raw and fructarian. As many sites as I have visited I still haven't figured it out. Probably, clear as a bell-I'm just not hearing it. Oh yeah, fructarian is mostly fruit right but is that vegetarian or vegan?TIA,NinaTo send an email to -

My usually clear skin burst out in acne when I went veg, but I also

quit using birth control pills at the same time, which I am sure

messed up my system totally.

My skin is now starting to clear up... but I'm exercising more, too,

and I think sweating has a cleansing effect.

Anyway, I've heard lots of people remark about how much better their

skin got after they went veg, so it certainly might help her acne.

I think when you went veggie your body realised it was a good opportunity to

cleanse, and it mucked up your skin for a while. I'm sure it will clear

soon.

Jo

> My usually clear skin burst out in acne when I went veg, but I also

> quit using birth control pills at the same time, which I am sure

> messed up my system totally.

>

> My skin is now starting to clear up... but I'm exercising more, too,

> and I think sweating has a cleansing effect.

>

> Anyway, I've heard lots of people remark about how much better their

> skin got after they went veg, so it certainly might help her acne.

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

jo

funny thing is when i went vegan a year ago.....my skin completely cleared up........and i have had blemished skin since i was 11......

catherine

ps jo have you come across good site for vegan b+bs in uk?...........all the ones i have found are crap ta catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: Re: Daughter's Acne >Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:07:03 -0000 > >I think when you went veggie your body realised it was a good opportunity to >cleanse, and it mucked up your skin for a while. I'm sure it will clear >soon. > >Jo > > > > My usually clear skin burst out in acne when I went veg, but I also > > quit using birth control pills at the same time, which I am sure > > messed up my system totally. > > > > My skin is now starting to clear up... but I'm exercising more, too, > > and I think sweating has a cleansing effect. > > > > Anyway, I've heard lots of people remark about how much better their > > skin got after they went veg, so it certainly might help her acne. > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > > >

By the way I want to announce to all, that I have an own non

commercial website. It is a very new one, since December, and

I want to add more information and links about vegan and

Christian things: www.geocities.com/itsoucas Every one is

invited to look in.>

<Hi..I tried to email you from your web-site, no joy there.

I wanted to ask you your opinion on the plant eating

instruction in Genesis.

Do you understand that to include all animals as It seems to

me to be saying nothing else but that....Sadly many

Christians I have met either havn't read The Genesis

beginning or seem to misunderstand what it reads.

Look forward to any thoughts you have on this subject.

Simon