IndiaDivine.org

Crisps? & Boots

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ooh, two posts from me in the space of a few minutes...

I was just thinking - considering there are so mant vegan alternatives in

the shape of meat products, ie. vegan sausages, tofurky, fish fingers, bacon

etc... why does no company make vegan chicken flavour crisps, or vegan

cheese flavour crisps? The one thing I eat more than anything else is

crisps, and yes, I know we can eat the ready salted and even beef flavour,

but I'd love it if there were more varieties... if would be great if someone

came up with vegan bacon and vegan cheese flavour for example. What does

anyone else think of this? I know we can get Tings from the US that are like

cheese flavour Nik-Naks, but there are none in the UK. Are there any

companies we can email to ask if they could try and come up with some?

Also, I read that Boots in the UK are now selling a vegan sandwich -

apparently it's humous... I've enver tried humous and it doesn't sound very

appetizing (I'm very fussy when it comes to food... I know what I like

before I try it)... but I think it's good that there IS a vegan sandwich out

there now. It sucks when you go to a store and see all the sandwiches and

there's nothing for us... I sent them an email to say thank you and they

wrote back saying they appreciated me writing and was happy to get an email

like mine. If anyone else wants to email Boots... well, there was a form to

fill in on their website I think... I think it's always good to show

appreciation and the more vegans they know are out there the more they might

be likely to do...

<3

Shari Black Velvet

In a message dated 1/16/04 4:56:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, shari writes:

if would be great if someone

came up with vegan bacon and vegan cheese flavour for example. What does

anyone else think of this?

i think i'm going to be sick.....

ahahahhahahaha

english folk

*rolls eyes*

wahahahahaha

come on, stop enforcing my belief in the stereotype that english food is all shite...

teehee....

*big hug*

fraggle

In a message dated 1/16/04 4:56:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, shari writes:

Also, I read that Boots in the UK are now selling a vegan sandwich -

apparently it's humous... I've enver tried humous and it doesn't sound very

appetizing (I'm very fussy when it comes to food

humous is nummy..especially with some pita..maybe a falafel....

now i'm hungry....

anyways, lucky fer us colonists, (at least in my neck of the woods) they sell a variety of sandwiches in the natural food stores er whole foods and the like...grilled tofu, wraps, etc

and, places like whole foods have a sandwich bar in em, so ya can get field roast, portabella mushroom er tofu sandwiches...and all that jazz....

hi all

humous is wonderful........and great in a sandwich...........

starbucks also do a vegan humous wrap with falafel, to go with their soya latte.......always useful if i am out and get taken hungry

catherine

>"Shari"

> >

> Crisps? & Boots >Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:59:32 -0000 > >Ooh, two posts from me in the space of a few minutes... > >I was just thinking - considering there are so mant vegan alternatives in >the shape of meat products, ie. vegan sausages, tofurky, fish fingers, bacon >etc... why does no company make vegan chicken flavour crisps, or vegan >cheese flavour crisps? The one thing I eat more than anything else is >crisps, and yes, I know we can eat the ready salted and even beef flavour, >but I'd love it if there were more varieties... if would be great if someone >came up with vegan bacon and vegan cheese flavour for example. What does >anyone else think of this? I know we can get Tings from the US that are like >cheese flavour Nik-Naks, but there are none in the UK. Are there any >companies we can email to ask if they could try and come up with some? > >Also, I read that Boots in the UK are now selling a vegan sandwich - >apparently it's humous... I've enver tried humous and it doesn't sound very >appetizing (I'm very fussy when it comes to food... I know what I like >before I try it)... but I think it's good that there IS a vegan sandwich out >there now. It sucks when you go to a store and see all the sandwiches and >there's nothing for us... I sent them an email to say thank you and they >wrote back saying they appreciated me writing and was happy to get an email >like mine. If anyone else wants to email Boots... well, there was a form to >fill in on their website I think... I think it's always good to show >appreciation and the more vegans they know are out there the more they might >be likely to do... > ><3 >Shari Black Velvet > Reduce spam in your inbox with MSN 8's intelligent junk e-mail filters.

being that i'm jewish, i don't really eat bacon or ham or anything and

actually i DON'T like the taste, but i know that a lot of people do actually

find the taste appealing, and so i think it would be a great idea to have

bacon flavored vegan stuff if it meant more ppl would be willing to convert,

so if anyone does find some company that we can ask to do that, let me know

and i'll ask them too

sheila

> " Shari " <shari

>

>

> Crisps? & Boots

>Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:59:32 -0000

>

>Ooh, two posts from me in the space of a few minutes...

>

>I was just thinking - considering there are so mant vegan alternatives in

>the shape of meat products, ie. vegan sausages, tofurky, fish fingers,

>bacon

>etc... why does no company make vegan chicken flavour crisps, or vegan

>cheese flavour crisps? The one thing I eat more than anything else is

>crisps, and yes, I know we can eat the ready salted and even beef flavour,

>but I'd love it if there were more varieties... if would be great if

>someone

>came up with vegan bacon and vegan cheese flavour for example. What does

>anyone else think of this? I know we can get Tings from the US that are

>like

>cheese flavour Nik-Naks, but there are none in the UK. Are there any

>companies we can email to ask if they could try and come up with some?

>

>Also, I read that Boots in the UK are now selling a vegan sandwich -

>apparently it's humous... I've enver tried humous and it doesn't sound very

>appetizing (I'm very fussy when it comes to food... I know what I like

>before I try it)... but I think it's good that there IS a vegan sandwich

>out

>there now. It sucks when you go to a store and see all the sandwiches and

>there's nothing for us... I sent them an email to say thank you and they

>wrote back saying they appreciated me writing and was happy to get an email

>like mine. If anyone else wants to email Boots... well, there was a form to

>fill in on their website I think... I think it's always good to show

>appreciation and the more vegans they know are out there the more they

>might

>be likely to do...

>

><3

>Shari Black Velvet

>

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime

features! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us & page=dialup/home & ST=1

mmmmmmmmmm! hummous!

Jo

hi all

starbucks also do a vegan humous wrap with falafel, to go with their soya latte.......always useful if i am out and get taken hungry

catherine

>"Shari"

> >

> Crisps? & Boots >Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:59:32 -0000 > >Ooh, two posts from me in the space of a few minutes... > >I was just thinking - considering there are so mant vegan alternatives in >the shape of meat products, ie. vegan sausages, tofurky, fish fingers, bacon >etc... why does no company make vegan chicken flavour crisps, or vegan >cheese flavour crisps? The one thing I eat more than anything else is >crisps, and yes, I know we can eat the ready salted and even beef flavour, >but I'd love it if there were more varieties... if would be great if someone >came up with vegan bacon and vegan cheese flavour for example. What does >anyone else think of this? I know we can get Tings from the US that are like >cheese flavour Nik-Naks, but there are none in the UK. Are there any >companies we can email to ask if they could try and come up with some? > >Also, I read that Boots in the UK are now selling a vegan sandwich - >apparently it's humous... I've enver tried humous and it doesn't sound very >appetizing (I'm very fussy when it comes to food... I know what I like >before I try it)... but I think it's good that there IS a vegan sandwich out >there now. It sucks when you go to a store and see all the sandwiches and >there's nothing for us... I sent them an email to say thank you and they >wrote back saying they appreciated me writing and was happy to get an email >like mine. If anyone else wants to email Boots... well, there was a form to >fill in on their website I think... I think it's always good to show >appreciation and the more vegans they know are out there the more they might >be likely to do... > ><3 >Shari Black Velvet >

Reduce spam in your inbox with MSN 8's intelligent junk e-mail filters. To send an email to -

You're lucky Fraggle - there aren't too many vegan sandwiches here, other than those you make yourself.

Jo

anyways, lucky fer us colonists, (at least in my neck of the woods) they sell a variety of sandwiches in the natural food stores er whole foods and the like...grilled tofu, wraps, etcand, places like whole foods have a sandwich bar in em, so ya can get field roast, portabella mushroom er tofu sandwiches...and all that jazz....

I hope you were drooling sufficiently while typing that Jo

(I haven't posted anything on here for a while have I, so hello again)

Heartwork [Heartwork]16 January 2004 21:05 Subject: Re: Crisps? & Boots

mmmmmmmmmm! hummous!

Jo

hi all

catherine

>"Shari"

> >

> Crisps? & Boots >Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:59:32 -0000 > >Ooh, two posts from me in the space of a few minutes... > >I was just thinking - considering there are so mant vegan alternatives in >the shape of meat products, ie. vegan sausages, tofurky, fish fingers, bacon >etc... why does no company make vegan chicken flavour crisps, or vegan >cheese flavour crisps? The one thing I eat more than anything else is >crisps, and yes, I know we can eat the ready salted and even beef flavour, >but I'd love it if there were more varieties... if would be great if someone >came up with vegan bacon and vegan cheese flavour for example. What does >anyone else think of this? I know we can get Tings from the US that are like >cheese flavour Nik-Naks, but there are none in the UK. Are there any >companies we can email to ask if they could try and come up with some? > >Also, I read that Boots in the UK are now selling a vegan sandwich - >apparently it's humous... I've enver tried humous and it doesn't sound very >appetizing (I'm very fussy when it comes to food... I know what I like >before I try it)... but I think it's good that there IS a vegan sandwich out >there now. It sucks when you go to a store and see all the sandwiches and >there's nothing for us... I sent them an email to say thank you and they >wrote back saying they appreciated me writing and was happy to get an email >like mine. If anyone else wants to email Boots... well, there was a form to >fill in on their website I think... I think it's always good to show >appreciation and the more vegans they know are out there the more they might >be likely to do... > ><3 >Shari Black Velvet >

Reduce spam in your inbox with MSN 8's intelligent junk e-mail filters. To send an email to -

everytime i see this subject line i keep waitin fer someone to break out with an

oi oi oi!

*rofl*

aren't most salt and vinegar chips(well..crisps to you limeys) non-vegan??

I was indeed! Hello again Lee.

Jo

I hope you were drooling sufficiently while typing that Jo

(I haven't posted anything on here for a while have I, so hello again)

ogi ogi ogi

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: Crisps? & Boots >Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:07:52 EST > >everytime i see this subject line i keep waitin fer someone to break out with >an >oi oi oi! >*rofl* > >aren't most salt and vinegar chips(well..crisps to you limeys) non-vegan?? Get a free connection, half-price modem and one month FREE, when you sign up for BT Broadband today!