IndiaDivine.org

No vegan birth control

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Since I discovered that there is next to nothing a vegan can take for birth control, I've been in shock that no one has made a big deal of it. (I say "next to nothing" because there are, I think, TWO types of condoms not processed with milk proteins, but ABSOLUTELY nothing that a woman can take for medical problems caused by her menses.) The pill, the patch, insertions, depo-provera,--the list goes on, but not one of them has ceased animal testing of its components, and all forms of the pill contain milk-derived substances in the placebo portion, which you have to buy as part of the package. How do the rest of you ladies feel about that? 'Cause I am peeved. Also, Playtex brand tests on animals--you can't even trust cotton. Rethink your business approach for the new year with the helpful tips here.

hi farty

feel pretty peeved.....surely the only answer cant be that we just hold hands.........i have health issues which means pregnancy is not on the cards in any way shape or form........

so i haveto live withthe dichotomy.........

catherine

>"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!"

> > > No vegan birth control >Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:28:15 -0500 > Subscribe to MSN 8 today for a better internet experience and save over 25% on the usual price!

Since I discovered that there is next to nothing a vegan can take for birth control, I've been in shock that no one has made a big deal of it. (I say "next to nothing" because there are, I think, TWO types of condoms not processed with milk proteins, but ABSOLUTELY nothing that a woman can take for medical problems caused by her menses.) The pill, the patch, insertions, depo-provera,--the list goes on, but not one of them has ceased animal testing of its components, and all forms of the pill contain milk-derived substances in the placebo portion, which you have to buy as part of the package. How do the rest of you ladies feel about that? 'Cause I am peeved. Also, Playtex brand tests on animals--you can't even trust cotton. Rethink your business approach for the new year with the helpful tips here.

To send an email to -

you can find vegan condoms at practically any vegan webpage. prob

veganstore.com

i don't have to worry about it tho cuz i don't have sex (not till i'm

married at least)

you could also get your uteris removed if you don't like the feel of

condoms?

wow i had no idea that birth control pills had animal products, i would

never use them anyway cuz they increase your chance of breast cancer, and

cancer is really scary, i don't wanna be takin anything that would increase

my chance. even if a condom doesn't feel as good, it would make ME feel good

to know that at least i could have sex w/o involving harm to an animal,

right?

sheila

> " Catherine Harris " <cait2

>

>

>RE: No vegan birth control

>Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:25:07 +0000

>

><< message3.txt >>

Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN.

http://wine.msn.com/

hi farty

feel pretty peeved.....surely the only answer cant be that we just hold hands.........i have health issues which means pregnancy is not on the cards in any way shape or form........

catherine

> > > No vegan birth control >Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:28:15 -0500 > Subscribe to MSN 8 today for a better internet experience and save over 25% on the usual price!

To send an email to -

it always presumes that a person is with someone who will wear condoms long term.....and major surgery like hysterectomy is not a form of family planning and here in the uk is not just available on demand.......if a person wants to space their children as is recomended then it wouldnt be the answer.....

the answer is to lobby companies who produce family planning aids to stop testing on animals.....

catherine

>"Vegan Kitten"

> > >RE: No vegan birth control >Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:33:24 -0500 > > >you can find vegan condoms at practically any vegan webpage. prob >veganstore.com > >i don't have to worry about it tho cuz i don't have sex (not till i'm >married at least) > >you could also get your uteris removed if you don't like the feel of >condoms? > >wow i had no idea that birth control pills had animal products, i would >never use them anyway cuz they increase your chance of breast cancer, and >cancer is really scary, i don't wanna be takin anything that would increase >my chance. even if a condom doesn't feel as good, it would make ME feel good >to know that at least i could have sex w/o involving harm to an animal, >right? > >sheila > > >"Catherine Harris"

> > > > > >RE: No vegan birth control > >Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:25:07 +0000 > > > ><< message3.txt >> > >_______________ >Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN. >http://wine.msn.com/ Subscribe to MSN 8 today for a better internet experience and save over 25% on the usual price!

hi farty

catherine

To send an email to -

What about IUD? I've been told there are 2 different kinds. One that

contains hormons, and the other does not contain any drugs. I've

thought about getting the non drug one. I guess it's hard to tell if

it was tested on animals though. Does anyone know?

Heidi

, " fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-

da! " <phytoscarfingsimianpod@h...> wrote:

>

i know the intra-uterine device known as the ring contains hormones tested on animals, and the other (a diaphragm, maybe?), even if used as a blockade instead of medicine would probably still be coated in something (spermicides, etc.) in my search, i found that joanne stepaniak stated that there's nothing a vegan can use other than condoms (thus, NOTHING a vegan can use for medical needs). i doubt (with the books she's written) that she'd provide faulty information, but maybe something new has come up. it's worth checking out the company name. i, too, have SO much trouble finding out if a company's alright to support

>"snoopyheidi11"

> > > Re: No vegan birth control >Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:45:12 -0000 > >What about IUD? I've been told there are 2 different kinds. One that >contains hormons, and the other does not contain any drugs. I've >thought about getting the non drug one. I guess it's hard to tell if >it was tested on animals though. Does anyone know? > >Heidi > > , "fartybriivismeisteranushead ta- >da!" wrote: > > > > High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software.

In the UK the IDU is just a copper coil with no chemicals, hormones etc. The diaphragm is a barrier much like a condom, and is removable for washing, and as far as I am aware the basic variety is still around and is just a barrier without spermicide etc. As you say, there are also vegan condoms. The pill is bad for your health anyway, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it, even to a non-vegan person.

Jo

-

fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!

Sunday, February 01, 2004 8:09 AM

RE: Re: No vegan birth control

i know the intra-uterine device known as the ring contains hormones tested on animals, and the other (a diaphragm, maybe?), even if used as a blockade instead of medicine would probably still be coated in something (spermicides, etc.) in my search, i found that joanne stepaniak stated that there's nothing a vegan can use other than condoms (thus, NOTHING a vegan can use for medical needs). i doubt (with the books she's written) that she'd provide faulty information, but maybe something new has come up. it's worth checking out the company name. i, too, have SO much trouble finding out if a company's alright to support

>"snoopyheidi11"

> > > Re: No vegan birth control >Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:45:12 -0000 > >What about IUD? I've been told there are 2 different kinds. One that >contains hormons, and the other does not contain any drugs. I've >thought about getting the non drug one. I guess it's hard to tell if >it was tested on animals though. Does anyone know? > >Heidi > > , "fartybriivismeisteranushead ta- >da!" wrote: > > > >

High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. To send an email to -

The IUD my doctor told me about is something that they put inside

you. It lasts for 5 years (I think she said) and I think it bounces

around and knocks the eggs off the walls so you cant get pregnant.

One has drugs in it (to keep you " regular " ) and one dose not.

Has anyone heard of that?

Heidi

, " fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-

da! " <phytoscarfingsimianpod@h...> wrote:

>