IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Toiletries/Cosmetics and parabens

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Catherine

Sorry to hear about your divorce, and lack of money. It is difficult, but you can only do so much. The Superdrug toiletries used to be animal free etc. and are reasonably priced. I hope things improve soon.

Jo

-

Catherine Harris

Saturday, February 14, 2004 1:18 AM

Re: Toiletries/Cosmetics and parabens

hi jo and all

i have been looking at trying to buy paraben free bath stuff and its proving hard......i looked on the website you suggested yesterday jo and like many others, and my local health food store, natural stuff is £3 upwards..........i saw some cheap stuff inboots yesterday £2 for 2.......and I will struggle to buy the cruelty free paraben free ones ......and just going thru a divorce i am living on the tightest budget known to woman so it is a real dilemna

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: Toiletries/Cosmetics >Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:03:06 -0000 > >No they don't - they are vegan, but are thought, with good reason, to be carcinogenic. It is always a good idea to consider your own health important so that you don't stand more chance of getting cancer. The longer you live the more campaigning you can do for animals. There are products around which are animal-free, not tested on animals, do not contain the mentioned chemicals, and are not expensive, so it would seem wise to try to buy those products > >Jo > - > robin > > Thursday, February 12, 2004 8:32 PM > Re: Toiletries/Cosmetics > > > Do those ingredients (parabens/sodium lauryl sulfate) contain animal products because that is my main concern rather than fears of possible harm. > > Robin > - > Heartwork > > Thursday, February 12, 2004 6:46 PM > Toiletries/Cosmetics > > > While searching for toiletries/cosmetics which do not contain parabens/sodium lauryl sulfate (and similar) I have recently emailed two different companies mentioned in the Vegan Shopper. > > Essentially Yours replied saying that none of their products have any of the above in them. Their website (essentially-yours.co.uk) has information on their products, which look good, but not cheap! > > Molton Brown Cosmetics sent quite a long reply trying to justify why they use these ingredients, and saying that they are not harmful, which I do not feel inclined to believe. > > Jo > > > To send an email to - > > > > To send an email to - > > > >---------- >

hi jo

thanks......i shall have alook in super drug and see if theyare animal free

ta

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Fw: Toiletries/Cosmetics and parabens >Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:44:24 -0000 > > >Hi Catherine > >Sorry to hear about your divorce, and lack of money. It is difficult, but you can only do so much. The Superdrug toiletries used to be animal free etc. and are reasonably priced. I hope things improve soon. > >Jo > - > Catherine Harris > > Saturday, February 14, 2004 1:18 AM > Re: Toiletries/Cosmetics and parabens > > > hi jo and all > > i have been looking at trying to buy paraben free bath stuff and its proving hard......i looked on the website you suggested yesterday jo and like many others, and my local health food store, natural stuff is £3 upwards..........i saw some cheap stuff inboots yesterday £2 for 2.......and I will struggle to buy the cruelty free paraben free ones ......and just going thru a divorce i am living on the tightest budget known to woman so it is a real dilemna > > catherine > > > > >"Heartwork" > > > >> >Re: Toiletries/Cosmetics > >Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:03:06 -0000 > > > >No they don't - they are vegan, but are thought, with good reason, to be carcinogenic. It is always a good idea to consider your own health important so that you don't stand more chance of getting cancer. The longer you live the more campaigning you can do for animals. There are products around which are animal-free, not tested on animals, do not contain the mentioned chemicals, and are not expensive, so it would seem wise to try to buy those products > > > >Jo > > - > > robin > > > > Thursday, February 12, 2004 8:32 PM > > Re: Toiletries/Cosmetics > > > > > > Do those ingredients (parabens/sodium lauryl sulfate) contain animal products because that is my main concern rather than fears of possible harm. > > > > Robin > > - > > Heartwork > > > > Thursday, February 12, 2004 6:46 PM > > Toiletries/Cosmetics > > > > > > While searching for toiletries/cosmetics which do not contain parabens/sodium lauryl sulfate (and similar) I have recently emailed two different companies mentioned in the Vegan Shopper. > > > > Essentially Yours replied saying that none of their products have any of the above in them. Their website (essentially-yours.co.uk) has information on their products, which look good, but not cheap! > > > > Molton Brown Cosmetics sent quite a long reply trying to justify why they use these ingredients, and saying that they are not harmful, which I do not feel inclined to believe. > > > > Jo > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > >---------- > >