IndiaDivine.org

To Randi, You Are Not Alone!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Randi,

You are doing the right thing by becoming a vegetarian. The taste of meat is not worth the agony and torture animals are exposed to on farms and at slaughter facilities. I'm 61 years old, and have eaten meat most of my life. About a month ago I became a vegetarian. I still eat cheese and eggs, but plan to eliminate them from my diet soon. Eating meat and using animal by-products is a moral question. I have always been a lover of animals, and could no longer justify eating the animals I professed to love. I could never murder an animal, but I supported animal murder by eating meat. The thing I noticed about becoming a vegetarian was how easy it was to do. After more than sixty years of eating meat, I stopped without a problem. I think that was because it was the right thing to do. My conscience is clear and I have experienced no physical problems one might expect from such a radical change of diet. I, too, stand alone. No one else in my family is

vegetarian. My daughter, Jaimie, and my sister, Diane, are both on the verge of becoming vegetarian. I have not experienced any negative feedback from my family or friends. But if I did, I would not change my mind. It is never to late to do what your heart tells you is right. As a Christian minister, I feel I'm doing what God wants me to do. God did not create animals for us to consume. You can rest assured that God loves His animal children just as much as His human children. There is a special place in hell reserved for those who hurt the animals. You may not have many vegetarians where you live. There are few where I live, but more are joining us all the time. My best friend, Greg, and his wife, Juno [ Judy] recently became vegetarian after viewing a dvd I received from PETA. In short, you are not alone. Do what you know is right, and damn the consequences. I'm proud to be a member of PETA, and pray for the Animal Liberation Front. If you need someone to talk to, you can e-mail

my wife, Jean, or myself at fluffy0752

Stand firm in your convictions,

Best of luck,

Rev. Jim

randi127 <randi127 wrote:

My brother just called me a hypocrite because I "used to eat meat". That makes no sense at all. I think, for me to be a hypocrite, I would have to tell him not to eat meat(which I don't, I just mention every once in a while that in addition to being bad for you, the poor animals are tortured and killed) then turn around and eat a steak. I guess maybe I'm sort of getting him to understand where I'm coming from, and he doesn't like it. Which in turn, is making him angry so he lashes out at me. He just turned 21, so he thinks he knows everything. I've been a vegetarian for almost a year, which has been simple. I was vegan for a little over a month, I think, then slowly started letting the animal products slip in again. I've cut them out again, though. I just don't feel right eating them - morally or physically. It's really hard

where I live, though. There is only one 'health food store' I know of where I can get vegan stuff, and the pickin's are pretty slim. I've done the mail order thing several times, but it gets expensive quick. I know it's kind of pathetic on my part, but I think I just need a little encouragement. Everyone I know thinks it's weird that I won't eat meat. Some even joke that it's a religion or something. I don't know what to tell them. I can never seem to find the right words when the time comes. I don't even know any vegetarians or vegans, so I'm kind of on my own.Well, that's all for now, I guess. Thanks -RandiTo send an email to -

Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam

Guest guest

Hello Jim,

Just like to say how the Christian ministry needs people like you to preach the real good news!

Out of interest, Which domination are you using at the moment ?

Simon

----- Original ?Message -----

James Allen

Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:23 PM

To Randi, You Are Not Alone!

Hi Randi,

You are doing the right thing by becoming a vegetarian. The taste of meat is not worth the agony and torture animals are exposed to on farms and at slaughter facilities. I'm 61 years old, and have eaten meat most of my life. About a month ago I became a vegetarian. I still eat cheese and eggs, but plan to eliminate them from my diet soon. Eating meat and using animal by-products is a moral question. I have always been a lover of animals, and could no longer justify eating the animals I professed to love. I could never murder an animal, but I supported animal murder by eating meat. The thing I noticed about becoming a vegetarian was how easy it was to do. After more than sixty years of eating meat, I stopped without a problem. I think that was because it was the right thing to do. My conscience is clear and I have experienced no physical problems one might expect from such a radical change of diet. I, too, stand alone. No one else in my family! is vegetarian. My daughter, Jaimie, and my sister, Diane, are both on the verge of becoming vegetarian. I have not experienced any negative feedback from my family or friends. But if I did, I would not change my mind. It is never to late to do what your heart tells you is right. As a Christian minister, I feel I'm doing what God wants me to do. God did not create animals for us to consume. You can rest assured that God loves His animal children just as much as His human children. There is a special place in hell reserved for those who hurt the animals. You may not have many vegetarians where you live. There are few where I live, but more are joining us all the time. My best friend, Greg, and his wife, Juno [ Judy] recently became vegetarian after viewing a dvd I received from PETA. In short, you are not alone. Do what you know is right, and damn the consequences. I'm proud to be a member of PETA, and pray for the Animal Liberation Front. If you need someone to talk to, you can e! -mail my wife, Jean, or myself at fluffy0752

Stand firm in your convictions,

Best of luck,

Rev. Jim

randi127 <randi127 wrote:

My brother just called me a hypocrite because I "used to eat meat". That makes no sense at all. I think, for me to be a hypocrite, I would have to tell him not to eat meat(which I don't, I just mention every once in a while that in addition to being bad for you, the poor animals are tortured and killed) then turn around and eat a steak. I guess maybe I'm sort of getting him to understand where I'm coming from, and he doesn't like it. Which in turn, is making him angry so he lashes out at me. He just turned 21, so he thinks he knows everything. I've been a vegetarian for almost a year, which has been simple. I was vegan for a little over a month, I think, then slowly started letting the animal products slip in again. I've cut them out again, though. I just don't feel right eating them - morally or physically. It's really ha! rd where I live, though. There is only one 'health food store' I know of where I can get vegan stuff, and the pickin's are pretty slim. I've done the mail order thing several times, but it gets expensive quick. I know it's kind of pathetic on my part, but I think I just need a little encouragement. Everyone I know thinks it's weird that I won't eat meat. Some even joke that it's a religion or something. I don't know what to tell them. I can never seem to find the right words when the time comes. I don't even know any vegetarians or vegans, so I'm kind of on my own.Well, that's all for now, I guess. Thanks -RandiTo send an email to -

Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/16/04 3:28:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, vc27 writes:

Most animal eating christians point out the dominion bit in the bible – after the flood – and then there’s the loaves & fishes bit... So what’s the explanation for that?

the dominion part is a mistranslation

u can have dominion over yer little brother..don't mean yer gonna eat em....

Guest guest

My main problem with Christianity is the

animal eating, I can’t – won’t – believe in a god who

okays the eating of animals. Most animal

eating christians point out the dominion bit in the bible – after the

flood – and then there’s the loaves & fishes bit... So what’s the explanation for

that?

Cheers,

V

James Allen

[fluffy0752]

.... As a Christian minister,

I feel I'm doing what God wants me to do. God did not create animals for us to

consume. You can rest assured that God loves His animal children just as much

as His human children. There is a special place in hell reserved for those who

hurt the animals...

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.622 / Virus Database: 400 - Release 13/03/2004

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/17/04 8:41:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, vc27 writes:

Not even if they cook up nice & tender & taste nice..?

i dunno really

i'm an only child..so, have no reference point....

Guest guest

Hi I point out the dominion bit to Christians...that is the bit when God says clearly that we should eat all the fruits across the face of the earth and animals should eat the green plants and "everything with the breath of life in it that shall be theirs for food".

So according to that...animals shouldn't eat animals.

I doubt a God would have a total change of mind.

Nowhere before the the fall..under Gods instruction is meating eating mentioned or even hinted at, quite the opposite!

I havn't come across a better ideal situation for this planet.

I wonder if any one can write in so few words or in as many words as they like, a better way of life us and the animals?

Simon

-

Viv Carbines

Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:22 PM

RE: To Randi, You Are Not Alone!

My main problem with Christianity is the animal eating, I can’t – won’t – believe in a god who okays the eating of animals. Most animal eating christians point out the dominion bit in the bible – after the flood – and then there’s the loaves & fishes bit... So what’s the explanation for that?

Cheers,

V

James Allen [fluffy0752]

.... As a Christian minister, I feel I'm doing what God wants me to do. God did not create animals for us to consume. You can rest assured that God loves His animal children just as much as His human children. There is a special place in hell reserved for those who hurt the animals... To send an email to -

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.622 / Virus Database: 400 - Release 13/03/2004

Guest guest

Just adding a bit

-

simonpjones

Wednesday, March 17, 2004 1:25 PM

Re: To Randi, You Are Not Alone!

Hi I point out the dominion bit to Christians...that is the bit when God says clearly that we should eat all the fruits across the face of the earth and animals should eat the green plants and "everything with the breath of life in it that shall be theirs for food".

So according to that...animals shouldn't eat animals. I would interpret the "dominion! to suggest that we help the animals that don't already eat the plant food to eat them. That is more likely nearer the it's true meaning than meaning we should eat them. In fact that is a ridicules conclusion...considering what the verses say following the word "dominion"!

I doubt a God would have a total change of mind.

Nowhere before the the fall..under Gods instruction is meating eating mentioned or even hinted at, quite the opposite!

I havn't come across a better ideal situation for this planet.

I wonder if any one can write in so few words or in as many words as they like, a better way of life us and the animals?

Simon

-

Viv Carbines

Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:22 PM

RE: To Randi, You Are Not Alone!

My main problem with Christianity is the animal eating, I can’t – won’t – believe in a god who okays the eating of animals. Most animal eating christians point out the dominion bit in the bible – after the flood – and then there’s the loaves & fishes bit... So what’s the explanation for that?

Cheers,

V

James Allen [fluffy0752]

.... As a Christian minister, I feel I'm doing what God wants me to do. God did not create animals for us to consume. You can rest assured that God loves His animal children just as much as His human children. There is a special place in hell reserved for those who hurt the animals... To send an email to -

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.622 / Virus Database: 400 - Release 13/03/2004To send an email to -

Guest guest

Not

even if they cook up nice & tender & taste nice..?

;-)

-----Original

Message-----

EBbrewpunx

[EBbrewpunx]

the dominion part is a mistranslation

u can have dominion over yer little brother..don't

mean yer gonna eat em....

To

send an email to -

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.622 / Virus Database: 400 - Release 13/03/2004

Guest guest

There is a website that you might find helpful. It is the Christian

Vegetarian Association. Their website is

www.christianveg.com

Actually Christians should be vegetarians. It is not in God's plan.

Jeanette

> My main problem with Christianity is the animal eating, I

can't –

won't – believe in a god who okays the eating of animals.

Most

animal eating christians point out the dominion bit in the bible

after the flood – and then there's the loaves & fishes bit...

So

what's the explanation for that?

>

>

>

> Cheers,

>

>

>

> V

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/18/04 7:19:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, annacblaine writes:

PETA's response to the "dominion" argument is that Queen Elizabeth has

dominion over the people of the U.K. That doesn't mean she gets to eat

them. :)

are you sure??

we've heard a lot of things over here......

:)

Guest guest

PETA's response to the " dominion " argument is that Queen Elizabeth has

dominion over the people of the U.K. That doesn't mean she gets to eat

them. :)

Love,

Anna

>EBbrewpunx

>

>

>Re: To Randi, You Are Not Alone!

>Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:43:15 EST

>

>In a message dated 3/16/04 3:28:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,

>vc27 writes:

> > Most animal eating christians point out the dominion bit in the bible

>–

> > after the flood – and then there’s the loaves & fishes bit... So

>what’s the

> > explanation for that?

> > the dominion part is a mistranslation

>u can have dominion over yer little brother..don't mean yer gonna eat

>em....

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms – all in one place at MSN Money!

http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp

Guest guest

Hi Anna

> PETA's response to the " dominion " argument is that Queen Elizabeth has

> dominion over the people of the U.K. That doesn't mean she gets to eat

> them. :)

Welll... there have been a few not-so-nice claims about the Queen.... none

of which have been denied!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

My main problem with any religion is the monopolistic claim on truth

and the catagoric damnation of all who disagree.

, " veggirl76 " <jlyoun1@c...> wrote:

> There is a website that you might find helpful. It is the

Christian

> Vegetarian Association. Their website is

> www.christianveg.com

> Actually Christians should be vegetarians. It is not in God's plan.

> Jeanette

>

> > My main problem with Christianity is the animal eating, I

> can't –

> won't – believe in a god who okays the eating of animals.

> Most

> animal eating christians point out the dominion bit in the bible

> –

> after the flood – and then there's the loaves & fishes bit...

> So

> what's the explanation for that?

> >

> >

> >

> > Cheers,

> >

> >

> >

> > V