IndiaDivine.org

Polly And The Bat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I saw a good movie today called "Bats" with Lou Diamond Phillips. It reminded me of an encounter I had with a bat shortly after I got married.

Polly & I were in bed sleeping when something woke me up. Yup, you guessed it, it was a bat flying around in our apartment. I knew just what to do. I woke Polly and pointed out the bat, then I covered my head with the covers, leaving it up to her to deal with the bat. Every so often I would look out to see how things were going. you should have seen it. There was Polly, bare naked chasing the bat with a straw broom. After some time had passed, she got the bat outside through a side window.

She sure didn't marry me for my manly courage. I can't tell you how many times she has told that story to our friends. Sometimes to complete strangers. To her credit, she always gives me credit for staying out of her way while she got rid of the bat.

Regards,

Jim

Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.

Guest guest

bats are relatively harmless,

just have to watch out fer rabies..but still, yer prolly gonna get hit by lightening before you catch rabies from a bat...

the old wives tale about bats gettin in yer hair is just that, an old wives tale

besides, they're cute!!!

:)

fraggle

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> bats are relatively harmless, > just have to watch out fer rabies..but still, yer prolly gonna get hit by lightening before you catch rabies from a bat...> the old wives tale about bats gettin in yer hair is just that, an old wives tale> besides, they're cute!!!

Y'know, I saw a really interesting programme on vampire bats a couple of months ago. It was a bunch of people who'd been doing some serious research into myths and reality on vampire bats, and they'd done a two year study into vampire bats and cases of cattle & human rabies.... and they found that there wasn't a single case of rabies being transmitted from a bat bite!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

and the who the heck is gonna run into a vampire bat anyways, at least round here er there...

the main problem with bats and rabies is

a. someone finds a sick one and picks it up..whoopsie...yer bit, and the lil sucker was rabid...

b. if u go in certain caves, the rabies virus can actually go airborne....

of course, that is extremely rare

Y'know, I saw a really interesting programme on vampire bats a couple of months ago. It was a bunch of people who'd been doing some serious research into myths and reality on vampire bats, and they'd done a two year study into vampire bats and cases of cattle & human rabies.... and they found that there wasn't a single case of rabies being transmitted from a bat bite!

Guest guest

They are cute - we like watching them in our back garden just as it's getting dark.

Jo

bats are relatively harmless, just have to watch out fer rabies..but still, yer prolly gonna get hit by lightening before you catch rabies from a bat...the old wives tale about bats gettin in yer hair is just that, an old wives talebesides, they're cute!!!