IndiaDivine.org

Re:Asking others to kill for us

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had a friend in high school who decided to go veg because she couldn't

stand handling raw meat and said that if she can't cook it she shouldn't eat

it. That seems to me as good a reason to go veg as any.

Love,

Anna

> " fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da! "

><phytoscarfingsimianpod

>

>

>RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us

>Sun, 28 Mar 2004 04:51:04 -0500

>

Free up your inbox with MSN Hotmail Extra Storage. Multiple plans available.

http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/

i agree that his method is better by volume and life quality--however truncated-- for the victims. had everyone his philosphy, the world would definitely make a drastic improvement... (mostly because so many people would decide they couldn't bring themselves to do it... i wish they'd make the connection now) ~brii

>"Anna Blaine" <annacblaine > > >RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us >Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:29:33 -0700 > >Brii, > >My dad also eats duck and pheasant, which he also hunts. > >Love, >Anna > > > >"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!" > ><phytoscarfingsimianpod > > > > > >RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us > >Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:30:03 -0500 > > > >_______________ >FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! >http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/ ><< message5.txt >> Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1! (Limited-time offer)

To send an email to -

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

In a message dated 3/17/04 3:10:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

I could never murder an animal, but I supported animal murder by eating meat.

Jim! Again I really enjoyed your post. The one sentence above made me think of something.

I am studying Buddhism (but am not againsty Christianity at all) and there is a special karmic effect from asking others to kill. It's more than the effect of you just killing yourself...why? Because when we ask others to do our dirty work...not only are we effecting ourselves and the animal but we have no concern for the poor soul who is doing it! He has a future too...but we disregard it.

I just thought I'd share because it's all so interesting to me and because it seems like there was an intuitive part of you that just knew it was wrong.

Have a great day!

Kristina

Guest guest

I happen to agree. Although I don't agree with the sport of hunting at all, I'd much rather have people hunt than have factory farms. At least animals that are hunted have had the chance to live the lives that they were meant to live in the wild, and their deaths are usually quick and unexpected. The poor animals at the factory farms live terrible, painful, abuse-filled lives and know what's happening as they're going to their deaths.

Dave.

Guest guest

My father is a deer hunter. He goes out once a year, kills one deer, and

his household eats that meat for a year. My father explained to me that if

you're going to eat meat, you should kill it yourself. I don't approve of

the act, but I have to admit I admire his philosophy.

I've actually run into people who thinks my father is mean to hunt but see

nothing wrong with eating meat from the grocery store. I pointed out this

discrepancy to them and one of them actually replied that " that's

different. " This makes no sense to me and I would much rather deal with my

hunting, meat-eating father than people like that.

Love,

Anna

>lv2breathe

>

>

>CC: Lv2breathe

> Re:Asking others to kill for us

>Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:08:44 EST

>

>In a message dated 3/17/04 3:10:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,

> writes:

>I could never murder an animal, but I supported animal murder by eating

>meat.

>Jim! Again I really enjoyed your post. The one sentence above made me

>think

>of something.

>

>I am studying Buddhism (but am not againsty Christianity at all) and there

>is

>a special karmic effect from asking others to kill. It's more than the

>effect of you just killing yourself...why? Because when we ask others to

>do our

>dirty work...not only are we effecting ourselves and the animal but we have

>no

>concern for the poor soul who is doing it! He has a future too...but we

>disregard it.

>

>I just thought I'd share because it's all so interesting to me and because

>it

>seems like there was an intuitive part of you that just knew it was wrong.

>

>Have a great day!

>

>Kristina

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet

access.

https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

any beast who couldn't bear to take someone's life her/himself, but eats the result of that same kill is more damnable in my eyes because s/he's shown a deeper lack of compassion than the demon who's thrilled by the executing. the witting omittance of concern. i taste bile.

>wales422 > > >Re: Re:Asking others to kill for us >Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:52:46 EST > >I happen to agree. Although I don't agree with the sport of hunting at all, >I'd much rather have people hunt than have factory farms. At least animals that >are hunted have had the chance to live the lives that they were meant to live >in the wild, and their deaths are usually quick and unexpected. The poor >animals at the factory farms live terrible, painful, abuse-filled lives and know >what's happening as they're going to their deaths. > >Dave. All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN.

Guest guest

Hi Anna

This is something that comes up quite a bit in Pagan discussions. I agree

that if you eat meat you should kill it yourself so that you know what it

entails, and that people who eat meat that is killed by someone else are

just fooling themselves with their arguments. That said, I wish that nobody

hunted, whether for food or fun.

Jo

> My father is a deer hunter. He goes out once a year, kills one deer, and

> his household eats that meat for a year. My father explained to me that

if

> you're going to eat meat, you should kill it yourself. I don't approve of

> the act, but I have to admit I admire his philosophy.

>

> I've actually run into people who thinks my father is mean to hunt but see

> nothing wrong with eating meat from the grocery store. I pointed out this

> discrepancy to them and one of them actually replied that " that's

> different. " This makes no sense to me and I would much rather deal with

my

> hunting, meat-eating father than people like that.

Guest guest

is that the only meat he eats? ~brii

>"Anna Blaine" <annacblaine > > >RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us >Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:14:25 -0700 > >My father is a deer hunter. He goes out once a year, kills one deer, and >his household eats that meat for a year. My father explained to me that if >you're going to eat meat, you should kill it yourself. I don't approve of >the act, but I have to admit I admire his philosophy. > >I've actually run into people who thinks my father is mean to hunt but see >nothing wrong with eating meat from the grocery store. I pointed out this >discrepancy to them and one of them actually replied that "that's >different." This makes no sense to me and I would much rather deal with my >hunting, meat-eating father than people like that. > >Love, >Anna > > > >lv2breathe > > > > > >CC: Lv2breathe > > Re:Asking others to kill for us > >Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:08:44 EST > > > >In a message dated 3/17/04 3:10:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, > > writes: > >I could never murder an animal, but I supported animal murder by eating > >meat. > >Jim! Again I really enjoyed your post. The one sentence above made me > >think > >of something. > > > >I am studying Buddhism (but am not againsty Christianity at all) and there > >is > >a special karmic effect from asking others to kill. It's more than the > >effect of you just killing yourself...why? Because when we ask others to > >do our > >dirty work...not only are we effecting ourselves and the animal but we have > >no > >concern for the poor soul who is doing it! He has a future too...but we > >disregard it. > > > >I just thought I'd share because it's all so interesting to me and because > >it > >seems like there was an intuitive part of you that just knew it was wrong. > > > >Have a great day! > > > >Kristina > >_______________ >Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet >access. >https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/ > MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download!

Guest guest

Brii,

My dad also eats duck and pheasant, which he also hunts.

Love,

Anna

> " fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da! "

><phytoscarfingsimianpod

>

>

>RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us

>Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:30:03 -0500

>

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now!

http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

is that the only meat he eats? ~brii

>"Anna Blaine" <annacblaine > > >RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us >Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:14:25 -0700 > >My father is a deer hunter. He goes out once a year, kills one deer, and >his household eats that meat for a year. My father explained to me that if >you're going to eat meat, you should kill it yourself. I don't approve of >the act, but I have to admit I admire his philosophy. > >I've actually run into people who thinks my father is mean to hunt but see >nothing wrong with eating meat from the grocery store. I pointed out this >discrepancy to them and one of them actually replied that "that's >different." This makes no sense to me and I would much rather deal with my >hunting, meat-eating father than people like that. > >Love, >Anna > > > >lv2breathe > > > > > >CC: Lv2breathe > > Re:Asking others to kill for us > >Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:08:44 EST > > > >In a message dated 3/17/04 3:10:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, > > writes: > >I could never murder an animal, but I supported animal murder by eating > >meat. > >Jim! Again I really enjoyed your post. The one sentence above made me > >think > >of something. > > > >I am studying Buddhism (but am not againsty Christianity at all) and there > >is > >a special karmic effect from asking others to kill. It's more than the > >effect of you just killing yourself...why? Because when we ask others to > >do our > >dirty work...not only are we effecting ourselves and the animal but we have > >no > >concern for the poor soul who is doing it! He has a future too...but we > >disregard it. > > > >I just thought I'd share because it's all so interesting to me and because > >it > >seems like there was an intuitive part of you that just knew it was wrong. > > > >Have a great day! > > > >Kristina > >_______________ >Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet >access. >https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/ > MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download!

To send an email to -

Guest guest

i agree that his method is better by volume and life quality--however truncated-- for the victims. had everyone his philosphy, the world would definitely make a drastic improvement... (mostly because so many people would decide they couldn't bring themselves to do it... i wish they'd make the connection now) ~brii

>"Anna Blaine" <annacblaine > > >RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us >Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:29:33 -0700 > >Brii, > >My dad also eats duck and pheasant, which he also hunts. > >Love, >Anna > > > >"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!" > ><phytoscarfingsimianpod > > > > > >RE: Re:Asking others to kill for us > >Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:30:03 -0500 > > > >_______________ >FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! >http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/ ><< message5.txt >> Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1! (Limited-time offer)

Guest guest

It's strange how people do not associate the animal with the slab of meat on their plate. It amazes me that people say they saw lovely new lambs gambolling around the fields and how sweet they are - and then sit down to eat them. When anyone is talking about that I say it makes me sad as the poor little lambs have only a couple of months to live before being killed to be eaten. It dampens the conversation somewhat :-) Others say how horrible it is that people in Asia eat dogs. I ask them if a dog is a more lovely animal than a cow. Usually they say that we have dogs as pets and breed cows to eat, so I ask them why we should control the lives of either.

Jo

Guest guest

i've had a hard time understandin that one fer years...

its a cultural bias..wot we do in the West" is right and proper, wot everyone else does by default must be wrong..

we have lotsa built in prejuidices as a society as a whole...

i guess its just easier to think of one as a pet(still subservient in some way unfortumnately to many folks) and another as food...

keep em nice and seperated

use tothink of some people as slaves and others as not as well...

*shrug*

tis a nasty world we live in at times...

fraggle

Others say how horrible it is that people in Asia eat dogs. I ask them if a dog is a more lovely animal than a cow. Usually they say that we have dogs as pets and breed cows to eat, so I ask them why we should control the lives of either.

Guest guest

You're right about the prejudices throughout society (I probably have some myself although I try not to).

Jo

i've had a hard time understandin that one fer years...its a cultural bias..wot we do in the West" is right and proper, wot everyone else does by default must be wrong..we have lotsa built in prejuidices as a society as a whole...i guess its just easier to think of one as a pet(still subservient in some way unfortumnately to many folks) and another as food...keep em nice and seperateduse tothink of some people as slaves and others as not as well...*shrug*tis a nasty world we live in at times...fraggle

Others say how horrible it is that people in Asia eat dogs. I ask them if a dog is a more lovely animal than a cow. Usually they say that we have dogs as pets and breed cows to eat, so I ask them why we should control the lives of either.To send an email to -

Guest guest

jo-- i APPROVE!!! *grin, wink* ~brii

>"Peter" <metalscarab > > >Re: Re:Asking others to kill for us >Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:21:47 +0100 > >It's strange how people do not associate the animal with the slab of meat on their plate. It amazes me that people say they saw lovely new lambs gambolling around the fields and how sweet they are - and then sit down to eat them. When anyone is talking about that I say it makes me sad as the poor little lambs have only a couple of months to live before being killed to be eaten. It dampens the conversation somewhat :-) Others say how horrible it is that people in Asia eat dogs. I ask them if a dog is a more lovely animal than a cow. Usually they say that we have dogs as pets and breed cows to eat, so I ask them why we should control the lives of either. > >Jo > > i agree that his method is better by volume and life quality--however truncated-- for the victims. had everyone his philosphy, the world would definitely make a drastic improvement... (mostly because so many people would decide they couldn't bring themselves to do it... i wish they'd make the connection now) ~brii > Check out MSN PC Safety Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe.

Guest guest

its a way of hiding it in general...

not just fer children...

we do it to all things in our society as a whole....

you rarely go out to dinner for a flashfrozen microwaved rotting cow flesh sandwich on a processed wheat and chemical bun, with yer favorite Partially Gelagnated cow tendon Gum Based beverage....

I think it is a way of hiding it from children. I know when my daughter was

very young, before we were veggie, we used to mash her sardines (on toast).

When she was about five we didn't mash them and she was so upset to think

she had been eating fish! Of course, we hadn't given it a thought before

Guest guest

Linda McCartney once said that they reason her family went veg was because

one day they were watching lambs froliciking in the fields and thought how

cute they were. Then they sat down to a dinner of lamb and couldn't eat it.

Love,

Anna

> " Peter " <metalscarab

>

>

>Re: Re:Asking others to kill for us

>Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:21:47 +0100

>

>It's strange how people do not associate the animal with the slab of meat

>on their plate. It amazes me that people say they saw lovely new lambs

>gambolling around the fields and how sweet they are - and then sit down to

>eat them. When anyone is talking about that I say it makes me sad as the

>poor little lambs have only a couple of months to live before being killed

>to be eaten. It dampens the conversation somewhat :-) Others say how

>horrible it is that people in Asia eat dogs. I ask them if a dog is a more

>lovely animal than a cow. Usually they say that we have dogs as pets and

>breed cows to eat, so I ask them why we should control the lives of either.

>

>Jo

>

> i agree that his method is better by volume and life quality--however

>truncated-- for the victims. had everyone his philosphy, the world would

>definitely make a drastic improvement... (mostly because so many people

>would decide they couldn't bring themselves to do it... i wish they'd make

>the connection now) ~brii

>

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms – all in one place at MSN Money!

http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp

Guest guest

I've always been bothered about how in most cases, we call an animal by a

different name when we eat it. Steak or beef instead of cow, poultry

instead of hen, etc. It seems another way to distance ourself from the

death that occurs to feed the general populace.

Love,

Anna

>EBbrewpunx

>

>

>Re: Re:Asking others to kill for us

>Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:13:42 EST

>

>i've had a hard time understandin that one fer years...

>its a cultural bias..wot we do in the West " is right and proper, wot

>everyone

>else does by default must be wrong..

>we have lotsa built in prejuidices as a society as a whole...

>i guess its just easier to think of one as a pet(still subservient in some

>way unfortumnately to many folks) and another as food...

>keep em nice and seperated

>use tothink of some people as slaves and others as not as well...

>*shrug*

>tis a nasty world we live in at times...

>fraggle

> > Others say how horrible it is that people in Asia eat dogs. I ask them

>if

> > a dog is a more lovely animal than a cow. Usually they say that we have

>dogs

> > as pets and breed cows to eat, so I ask them why we should control the

>lives

> > of either.

> >

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE

download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

I think it is a way of hiding it from children. I know when my daughter was

very young, before we were veggie, we used to mash her sardines (on toast).

When she was about five we didn't mash them and she was so upset to think

she had been eating fish! Of course, we hadn't given it a thought before

that.

Jo

> I've always been bothered about how in most cases, we call an animal by a

> different name when we eat it. Steak or beef instead of cow, poultry

> instead of hen, etc. It seems another way to distance ourself from the

> death that occurs to feed the general populace.

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

>

> >EBbrewpunx

> >

> >

> >Re: Re:Asking others to kill for us

> >Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:13:42 EST

> >

> >i've had a hard time understandin that one fer years...

> >its a cultural bias..wot we do in the West " is right and proper, wot

> >everyone

> >else does by default must be wrong..

> >we have lotsa built in prejuidices as a society as a whole...

> >i guess its just easier to think of one as a pet(still subservient in

some

> >way unfortumnately to many folks) and another as food...

> >keep em nice and seperated

> >use tothink of some people as slaves and others as not as well...

> >*shrug*

> >tis a nasty world we live in at times...

> >fraggle

> > > Others say how horrible it is that people in Asia eat dogs. I ask

them

> >if

> > > a dog is a more lovely animal than a cow. Usually they say that we

have

> >dogs

> > > as pets and breed cows to eat, so I ask them why we should control the

> >lives

> > > of either.

> > >

>