IndiaDivine.org

Re:Life After Death

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/27/04 2:19:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

The yogis know no more than anyone else on this issue. They go to non-physical realms and make assumptions.... it doesn't make either them or me right, though.

I don't agree with this...yogi's don't just make assumptions...they are much, much bigger than that. Some yogi's such as Yogananda and others don't speak about death because they just are guessing...they speak about it because they know. Never have I read in any of the yogi books, whether they are Tibetan monks or yogis the disclaimer "this may or may not be accurate" when they are talking about life after death. They write about it because they know it is true - from many years of deep meditation or a lineage that knows. If you read what they have to say you know they know a lot more than we do. Too bad our society is so attached to science as the only reality...there are other realities out there. These are huge traditions of more than thousands of years. If you don't believe there are holy beings out there...fine...but I DO...from my intuitive sense. I have met one in this life and I feel they are special. No matter what you say I still am going to know and believe in holy beings...OK??? The information is out there. If it is not your thing... fine...but allow me to feel what I believe/intuit to be true. I've done a lot of studying and had experience on the subject. Thank you.

Kristina

Guest guest

Hi Kristina

> I don't agree with this...yogi's don't just make assumptions...they are much, much bigger than that. Some yogi's such as Yogananda and others don't speak about death

> because they just are guessing...they speak about it because they know.

You seem to be forgetting that yogi's, even Yogananda are just people. OK, they are people who are a bit too full of themselves for their own good, but they are still just people.

> Never have I read in any of the yogi books, whether they are Tibetan monks or yogis the disclaimer "this may or may not be accurate" when they are talking about life

> after death. They write about it because they know it is true - from many years of deep meditation or a lineage that knows. If you read what they have to say you know

> they know a lot more than we do. Too bad our society is so attached to science as the only reality...there are other realities out there. These are huge traditions of more

> than thousands of years. If you don't believe there are holy beings out there...fine...but I DO...from my intuitive sense. I have met one in this lif! e and I feel they are

> special. No matter what you say I still am going to know and believe in holy beings...OK??? The information is out there. If it is not your thing... fine...but allow me to

> feel what I believe/intuit to be true.

You can believe in whatever you want to believe in. However it is you who is attempting to force your beliefs on the rest of us by saying that you hold the only truth and the rest of us are wrong. You seem to be taking the stance of a fundamentalist, which shows an incredible lack of tolerance for other beliefs. It is exactly the attitude that you are portraying which led to centuries of persecution in the Western world by the Catholic Church, and centuries of persecution in the Eastern world by the Islamic faith.

I follow a spiritual path which was persecuted *within living memory* by people who thought that everyone had to believe exactly what they did - by people who displayed the same disregard for other people's beliefs that you are showing now.

> I've done a lot of studying and had experience on the subject. Thank you.

I follow a Shamanic path, so know exactly what I am talking about when it comes to experience. If I was big-headed enough, I could quite happily call myself the Great Gonzo and set myself up as some sort of Yogi. It wouldn't make me better than anyone else, or mean that I know more... it would just mean that I have an ego problem.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

We all have our own truth, and it is a mistake to insist that yours is the only correct one. It is correct only for you, not necessarily for others. Other people might feel just as strongly and closed-mindedly that their truth should be yours and also insist that you are wrong because you will not take on board their beliefs.

I studied Yoga when I was young, and found it interesting. A little of it resonated with my truth, and some did not.

I think most of us would be grateful if others did not insist that theirs is the only truth. If you would like to tell us what you feel happens after death, then I would be interested as I find discussions interesting, as long as they are discussions with everyone listening to everyone else's ideas. But no matter how much discussion takes place, everyone will still have their own truth, and hopefully you will allow them to do so.

BBJo

I don't agree with this...yogi's don't just make assumptions...they are much, much bigger than that. Some yogi's such as Yogananda and others don't speak about death because they just are guessing...they speak about it because they know. Never have I read in any of the yogi books, whether they are Tibetan monks or yogis the disclaimer "this may or may not be accurate" when they are talking about life after death. They write about it because they know it is true - from many years of deep meditation or a lineage that knows. If you read what they have to say you know they know a lot more than we do. Too bad our society is so attached to science as the only reality...there are other realities out there. These are huge traditions of more than thousands of years. If you don't believe there are holy beings out there...fine...but I DO...from my intuitive sense. I have met one in this lif! e and I feel they are special. No matter what you say I still am going to know and believe in holy beings...OK??? The information is out there. If it is not your thing... fine...but allow me to feel what I believe/intuit to be true. I've done a lot of studying and had experience on the subject. Thank you.

Kristina

To send an email to -

Guest guest

I'd like to say on this issue...that truth must exist...and we all want to find that truth and have to look at the options put forward....I believe whatever your beliefs are actions will always be more important...ie If there was a satanist living a vegan type life-style..against war etc and a so called Christian who was a meat eater..for war etc...I believe that a God would choose the satanist as a more godly person.

( obviously I could be wrong)

Simon

d---- Original Message -----

Heartwork

Sunday, March 28, 2004 12:05 PM

Re: Re:Life After Death

We all have our own truth, and it is a mistake to insist that yours is the only correct one. It is correct only for you, not necessarily for others. Other people might feel just as strongly and closed-mindedly that their truth should be yours and also insist that you are wrong because you will not take on board their beliefs.

I studied Yoga when I was young, and found it interesting. A little of it resonated with my truth, and some did not.

I think most of us would be grateful if others did not insist that theirs is the only truth. If you would like to tell us what you feel happens after death, then I would be interested as I find discussions interesting, as long as they are discussions with everyone listening to everyone else's ideas. But no matter how much discussion takes place, everyone will still have their own truth, and hopefully you will allow them to do so.

BBJo

I don't agree with this...yogi's don't just make assumptions...they are much, much bigger than that. Some yogi's such as Yogananda and others don't speak about death because they just are guessing...they speak about it because they know. Never have I read in any of the yogi books, whether they are Tibetan monks or yogis the disclaimer "this may or may not be accurate" when they are talking about life after death. They write about it because they know it is true - from many years of deep meditation or a lineage that knows. If you read what they have to say you know they know a lot more than we do. Too bad our society is so attached to science as the only reality...there are other realities out there. These are huge traditions of more than thousands of years. If you don't believe there are holy beings out there...fine...but I DO...from my intuitive sense. I have met one in this lif! e and I feel they are special. No matter what you say I still am going to know and believe in holy beings...OK??? The information is out there. If it is not your thing... fine...but allow me to feel what I believe/intuit to be true. I've done a lot of studying and had experience on the subject. Thank you.

Kristina

To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

ok..

gonna try to go about this slowly....

not trying to piss anyone off

or make someone all edgy..

but, while there are billions of traditions, beleif systems, religions, etc and so forth, on the death thing...

you can believe anything yer heart desires...

but, imo, until you die, you can never KNOW...

yogis, and mystics of eastern religion(or any mystic fer that reason) can say this er that, but it is still a belief...it can not be proved, because it is a vastly PERSONSAL experience...

i could prattle on all day long on how Zeus talks to me in a dream...

is it true???

does it really matter

belief systems, religions, et all are good on the personal level..

if you want to believe in the x-tian god, sylphs hanging out in trees, a sacred moose, wotever, that is your personal choice...

if it makes you happy, makes sense to you, makes you a better person, well, more power to you...

BUT

it scares the bejebbers out of me when folks say "I believe this, and don't you dare try and disprove it, cuz..."

that is horribly terrifying to me...

as is said, there are untold beliefs out there in that wide little world...

every one has their own opinion, even if they belong to the same belief set...

just try and be aware that we are all going to discuss different things, we are all going to feel different ways..

we are not all vegan fer the same reason, we didn't all come to veganism the same way

remember that translates to everything else in our lives...

lets try and tolerate each other

and realize we are going to disagree, we are going to have different opinions

please be open to that, even if yer heart is dead set on yer own mores, id, ego, and all that there???

k?

fraggle

*who needs sleep badly..8 hrs since wednesday just ain't cuttin it!!!*

Too bad our society is so attached to science as the only reality...there are other realities out there. These are huge traditions of more than thousands of years. If you don't believe there are holy beings out there...fine...but I DO...from my intuitive sense. I have met one in this life and I feel they are special. No matter what you say I still am going to know and believe in holy beings...OK??? The information is out there. If it is not your thing... fine...but allow me to feel what I believe/intuit to be true. I've done a lot of studying and had experience on the subject. Thank you.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/28/04 12:56:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, Heartwork writes:

Hi Secondary Listmom :-)

Beautifully put.

i'm just havin one of those days..

seems half my listgroups have erupted into arguments...

mars in retrograd er something???

:)

fraggle...

Guest guest

Hi Secondary Listmom :-)

Beautifully put.

BBJo

ok..gonna try to go about this slowly....not trying to piss anyone offor make someone all edgy..but, while there are billions of traditions, beleif systems, religions, etc and so forth, on the death thing...you can believe anything yer heart desires...but, imo, until you die, you can never KNOW...yogis, and mystics of eastern religion(or any mystic fer that reason) can say this er that, but it is still a belief...it can not be proved, because it is a vastly PERSONSAL experience...i could prattle on all day long on how Zeus talks to me in a dream...is it true???does it really matterbelief systems, religions, et all are good on the personal level..if you want to believe in the x-tian god, sylphs hanging out in trees, a sacred moose, wotever, that is your personal choice...if it makes you happy, makes sense to you, makes you a better person, well, more power to you...BUTit scares the bejebbers out of me when folks say "I believe this, and don't you dare try and disprove it, cuz..."that is horribly terrifying to me...as is said, there are untold beliefs out there in that wide little world...every one has their own opinion, even if they belong to the same belief set...just try and be aware that we are all going to discuss different things, we are all going to feel different ways..we are not all vegan fer the same reason, we didn't all come to veganism the same wayremember that translates to everything else in our lives...lets try and tolerate each otherand realize we are going to disagree, we are going to have different opinionsplease be open to that, even if yer heart is dead set on yer own mores, id, ego, and all that there???k?fraggle*who needs sleep badly..8 hrs since wednesday just ain't cuttin it!!!*

Too bad our society is so attached to science as the only reality...there are other realities out there. These are huge traditions of more than thousands of years. If you don't believe there are holy beings out there...fine...but I DO...from my intuitive sense. I have met one in this life and I feel they are special. No matter what you say I still am going to know and believe in holy beings...OK??? The information is out there. If it is not your thing... fine...but allow me to feel what I believe/intuit to be true. I've done a lot of studying and had experience on the subject. Thank you.

Guest guest

umean that all came out coherent??

wow..

i guess i do good on no sleep and lotsa celebratin

:)

fraggle

*off to another party*

right on fraggle.....

i am sticking to my pagan tree hugging, and i dont need anyones permission (ie approval) to help me on my way.......and power to every one else in their beliefs or whatever...

Guest guest

right on fraggle.....

i am sticking to my pagan tree hugging, and i dont need anyones permission (ie approval) to help me on my way.......and power to every one else in their beliefs or whatever...

catherine

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: Re:Life After Death >Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:48:27 EST > >ok.. >gonna try to go about this slowly.... > >not trying to piss anyone off >or make someone all edgy.. >but, while there are billions of traditions, beleif systems, religions, etc >and so forth, on the death thing... >you can believe anything yer heart desires... >but, imo, until you die, you can never KNOW... >yogis, and mystics of eastern religion(or any mystic fer that reason) can say >this er that, but it is still a belief...it can not be proved, because it is >a vastly PERSONSAL experience... >i could prattle on all day long on how Zeus talks to me in a dream... >is it true??? >does it really matter >belief systems, religions, et all are good on the personal level.. >if you want to believe in the x-tian god, sylphs hanging out in trees, a >sacred moose, wotever, that is your personal choice... >if it makes you happy, makes sense to you, makes you a better person, well, >more power to you... >BUT >it scares the bejebbers out of me when folks say "I believe this, and don't >you dare try and disprove it, cuz..." >that is horribly terrifying to me... >as is said, there are untold beliefs out there in that wide little world... >every one has their own opinion, even if they belong to the same belief >set... >just try and be aware that we are all going to discuss different things, we >are all going to feel different ways.. >we are not all vegan fer the same reason, we didn't all come to veganism the >same way >remember that translates to everything else in our lives... >lets try and tolerate each other >and realize we are going to disagree, we are going to have different opinions >please be open to that, even if yer heart is dead set on yer own mores, id, >ego, and all that there??? >k? >fraggle >*who needs sleep badly..8 hrs since wednesday just ain't cuttin it!!!* > > Too bad our society is so attached to science as the only reality...there > > are other realities out there. These are huge traditions of more than > > thousands of years. If you don't believe there are holy beings out > > there...fine...but I DO...from my intuitive sense. I have met one in this life and I feel > > they are special. No matter what you say I still am going to know and believe > > in holy beings...OK??? The information is out there. If it is not your > > thing... fine...but allow me to feel what I believe/intuit to be true. I've done > > a lot of studying and had experience on the subject. Thank you. > > > > Stay in touch better and keep protected online with MSN’s NEW all-in-one Premium Services. Find out more here.

Guest guest

i finally have to interlope. i agree with you entirely; whatever any kind of god is, if any kind of god exists, it** should surely reward on merit and not definition. (the alternative, providing we are eventually to be judged, is horrific--to have a prejudiced and vindictive supreme ruler) ~brii

**i only say this because it doesn't make sense to me that a god would discern anything so corporeal as gender

p.s.- satanists aren't necessarily bad people--not even as a group. as far as i know,they don't believe in satan, only worshipping themselves in a sense and being a more egocentric type of hedonistic atheist (if this is false, my informant is a putz).

>"simonpjones" <simonpjones > > >Re: Re:Life After Death >Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:59:07 +0100 > >I'd like to say on this issue...that truth must exist...and we all want to find that truth and have to look at the options put forward....I believe whatever your beliefs are actions will always be more important...ie If there was a satanist living a vegan type life-style..against war etc and a so called Christian who was a meat eater..for war etc...I believe that a God would choose the satanist as a more godly person. > >( obviously I could be wrong) > >Simon

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet access.

Guest guest

Hi

> p.s.- satanists aren't necessarily bad people--not even as a group. as far as i know,they don't believe in satan, only worshipping themselves in a sense and being

> a more egocentric type of hedonistic atheist (if this is false, my informant is a putz).

Depends on which version of Satanism.... there's so many different versions....LeVay Satanism (known as The Church of Satan) follow the basic tenet of "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"... in other words, the only thing that should be considered is yourself...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

-

Peter

Monday, March 29, 2004 5:45 PM

Depends on which version of Satanism.... there's so many different versions....LeVay Satanism (known as The Church of Satan) follow the basic tenet of

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"... in other words, the only thing that should be considered is yourself...

>It could be argued ...If we considered what is truly best for ourselves, it would be a vegan non-harming way of life...so if called a Christian or a satanist...I like to think our actions rather than our beliefs were more important in this world. I am not familiar with any of the satanic organizations..vaguely familiar with freemasonry.

Simon

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Simon

> It could be argued ...If we considered what is truly best for ourselves, it would be a vegan non-harming way of life...so if called a Christian or a satanist...I like to think

> our actions rather than our beliefs were more important in this world.

I would agree. I know that some Satanists (as in LeVay style Satanism) claim that the rule of "Do what ye will" is to do with getting in touch with our "true" will... i.e. doing what we intrinsically know to be right... so for many of us, that would be veganism.

In one respect I agree with the Satanist view that everything we do is ultimately for our own benefit... ultimately, I am vegan because it makes me feel better about myself that I am not causing harm to other beings. If it did not make me feel better about myself, I wouldn't do it. I've not really put that very well, but I hope you get my meaning.

> I am not familiar with any of the satanic organizations..vaguely familiar with freemasonry.

I can talk quite a bit about the history of Freemasonry, and thereby know a reasonable amount about modern Freemasonry... I 'spose it's fun for some people, but not my cup of tea :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Firstly,

I`d like to say thumbs up to chaos theory, exostentialism,..mmm maybe, life

after death? I`ll let you know when I get there.

making no sense as usual ..

The Valley Vegan.

> I'd like to say on this issue...that truth must exist...and we all want to

find that truth and have to look at the options put forward....I believe

whatever your beliefs are actions will always be more important...ie If there

was a satanist living a vegan type life-style..against war etc and a so called

Christian who was a meat eater..for war etc...I believe that a God would choose

the satanist as a more godly person.

>

>( obviously I could be wrong)

>

>Simon

> d---- Original Message -----

> Heartwork

>

> Sunday, March 28, 2004 12:05 PM

> Re: Re:Life After Death

>

>

> We all have our own truth, and it is a mistake to insist that yours is the

only correct one. It is correct only for you, not necessarily for others.

Other people might feel just as strongly and closed-mindedly that their truth

should be yours and also insist that you are wrong because you will not take on

board their beliefs.

>

> I studied Yoga when I was young, and found it interesting. A little of it

resonated with my truth, and some did not.

>

> I think most of us would be grateful if others did not insist that theirs is

the only truth. If you would like to tell us what you feel happens after death,

then I would be interested as I find discussions interesting, as long as they

are discussions with everyone listening to everyone else's ideas. But no matter

how much discussion takes place, everyone will still have their own truth, and

hopefully you will allow them to do so.

>

> BB

> Jo

> I don't agree with this...yogi's don't just make assumptions...they are

much, much bigger than that. Some yogi's such as Yogananda and others don't

speak about death because they just are guessing...they speak about it because

they know. Never have I read in any of the yogi books, whether they are Tibetan

monks or yogis the disclaimer " this may or may not be accurate " when they are

talking about life after death. They write about it because they know it is

true - from many years of deep meditation or a lineage that knows. If you read

what they have to say you know they know a lot more than we do. Too bad our

society is so attached to science as the only reality...there are other

realities out there. These are huge traditions of more than thousands of years.

If you don't believe there are holy beings out there...fine...but I DO...from my

intuitive sense. I have met one in this lif! e and I feel they are special. No

matter what you say I still am going to know and believe in holy beings...OK???

The information is out there. If it is not your thing... fine...but allow me to

feel what I believe/intuit to be true. I've done a lot of studying and had

experience on the subject. Thank you.

>

> Kristina

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>----------

>

Guest guest

Hi Peter...in honesty I would find it hard to believe any satanist organisation ..if it was truly satanic...would be vegan and wish happiness through out this world and the universe.But if there were I would be shocked.

I believe the key to happiness is in the beginning of the Genesis...and if any satanic worshippers did proclaim the greatest good..It would be God's good that they were proclaiming.

Simon

Monday, March 29, 2004 11:29 PM

> It could be argued ...If we considered what is truly best for ourselves, it would be a vegan non-harming way of life...so if called a Christian or a satanist...I like to think

> our actions rather than our beliefs were more important in this world.

I would agree. I know that some Satanists (as in LeVay style Satanism) claim that the rule of "Do what ye will" is to do with getting in touch with our "true" will... i.e. doing what we intrinsically know to be right... so for many of us, that would be veganism.

In one respect I agree with the Satanist view that everything we do is ultimately for our own benefit... ultimately, I am vegan because it makes me feel better about myself that I am not causing harm to other beings. If it did not make me feel better about myself, I wouldn't do it. I've not really put that very well, but I hope you get my meaning.

> I am not familiar with any of the satanic organizations..vaguely familiar with freemasonry.

I can talk quite a bit about the history of Freemasonry, and thereby know a reasonable amount about modern Freemasonry... I 'spose it's fun for some people, but not my cup of tea :-)

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Simon

> Hi Peter...in honesty I would find it hard to believe any satanist organisation ..if it was truly satanic...would be vegan and wish happiness through out this world and the

> universe.But if there were I would be shocked.

> I believe the key to happiness is in the beginning of the Genesis...and if any satanic worshippers did proclaim the greatest good..It would be God's good that they were

> proclaiming.

I must admit to being baffled as to why LeVay used the term Satanism for his religion... it's not based on anything in the Judeo-Christian mythos.

The problem is that the term "Satan" / "Satanism" has changed so much over time... if you look at the OT, the term satan just means "adversary" - a bit like a prosecuting attorney is the adversary of the defence attorney. There's nothing particularly sinister about "satan" in the OT, and it's not even clear that it's one individual entity - more of a job description. It's only in the NT that he becomes an individual, and if I remember rightly, the "fallen angel" cast out of heaven by God concept didn't exist until medieval times. I read about a year ago that the Catholic church were thinking about re-defining Satan because they weren't happy with the current definition... so give it 100 years, and whatever definition they come up with now will probably be the commonly accepted version!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I suppose that could be true because if you believe in Satan you must also believe in God.

Jo

Hi Peter...in honesty I would find it hard to believe any satanist organisation ..if it was truly satanic...would be vegan and wish happiness through out this world and the universe.But if there were I would be shocked.

I believe the key to happiness is in the beginning of the Genesis...and if any satanic worshippers did proclaim the greatest good..It would be God's good that they were proclaiming.

Simon

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

Is that where the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay soft-boiled eggs?

BBJo

i believe in the the big rock candy mountain personally...sorry..just had to try and toss in a derail!!!:)

Guest guest

-

Peter

Tuesday, March 30, 2004 10:46 PM

I must admit to being baffled as to why LeVay used the term Satanism for his religion... it's not based on anything in the Judeo-Christian mythos.>

The way I view Satan/Satanism is much like most people I think. A bad existant..another name for the devil. I only used the name to make a point about the likeliness that it's our actions that are more important than our beliefs when it comes to bringing about a more peaceful world.

ie if satanists were doing the good works on the earth....then it would be good and of God in my opinion.

Simon

Guest guest

Is that where the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay soft-boiled eggs?

yes, but i'm all for

Where they hung the jerk

That invented work

that and streams made of alcyhol and lemonade tides..just sounds brilliant

heh heh

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

I should have guessed you'd like that part best!

Jo

>that and streams made of alcyhol and lemonade tides..just sounds brilliantheh heh

Guest guest

There is an old Zen saying;

A snowflake never falls in the wrong place.

Being shallow, and only concerned where my next gobfull of greenery comes from,

can anyone explain?

Once again, outstayed my welcome,...cant find the damn exit,

The Valley Vegan....

> >

> Is that where the bulldogs all have rubber teeth and the hens lay

> soft-boiled eggs?

>

>yes, but i'm all for

>Where they hung the jerk

>That invented work

>that and streams made of alcyhol and lemonade tides..just sounds brilliant

>heh heh

Peter H

--------------------

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

http://www.talk21.com

Guest guest

simon, wot are you talking about??

jo and I are quoting a song, the big rock candy mountain...its about hobo's....

>>yes, but i'm all for

>>Where they hung the jerk

>>That invented work.

Who are you refering to ? A lot of written history is inventory, but would

you deny that Socrates, Herod, Nero or any other person existed before

photography existed?

Not only do you deny the existence of Jesus Christ, but it seems you deny

the moral teachings themselves, which if everyone denied I'm not sure we

would be still alive on earth.

If you read good advice in a racey novel...would you take it on board in

your life?

om