IndiaDivine.org

Re:Life After Death, truth, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/27/04 2:19:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

The yogis know no more than anyone else on this issue. They go to non-physical realms and make assumptions.... BBPeter

Isn't that a little presumptuous Peter? It's fine that you want to be a skeptic...but to say outright, with the huge traditions, and the many many writings/experiences on the subject for you to say outright that "yogi's know no more than anyone else on the issue". Have you checked out any of Parahamsa Yogananda's books? Or any other yogi's books? If you did you would see he does indeed know much, much more than any of us regular folks. Many many books that anyone would be hard pressed to make up. Maybe the ideal outlook would be to think "we just don't know" but not "no one does know for sure" or "it just ain't so"!

it doesn't make either them or me right, though.

What is wrong with finding something is true and something else is not? Not everything can be true. One or the other is true...not all views on every subject can always be true. We may not know that truth personally for ourselves but that doesn't mean something isn't.

Kristina

Guest guest

Hi Kristine

> Isn't that a little presumptuous Peter? It's fine that you want to be a skeptic...but to say outright, with the huge traditions, and the many many writings/experiences on

> the subject for you to say outright that "yogi's know no more than anyone else on the issue". Have you checked out any of Parahamsa Yogananda's books? Or any

> other yogi's books? If you did you would see he does indeed know much, much more than any of us regular folks. Many many books that anyone would be hard

> pressed to make up. Maybe the ideal outlook would be to think "we just don't know" but not "no one does know for sure" or "it just ain't so"!

I don't think your even bothering to read what I am saying. I am not at all sceptical... for goodness sake, how many times do I have to say that I am a practicing Shaman?

Wasn't it one of your yogis who came out with the phrase "True knowledge exists in the realisation that we know nothing"?

> What is wrong with finding something is true and something else is not? Not everything can be true. One or the other is true...not all views on every subject can always

> be true. We may not know that truth personally for ourselves but that doesn't mean something isn't.

There is nothing wrong in believing something... there is something very wrong in insisting that everyone else must believe it! You seem to have trouble understanding the difference between belief and knowledge.

Every hierarchical religion claims to know what happens after death... how come your belief is the right one and everyone else is wrong?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I feel sure that Peter will answer this, and I have said my bit in another email, so will try to keep this short. Firstly, you have not been reading emails correctly - otherwise you would realise that Peter is far from being a skeptic. I have studied Yoga, it doesn't mean to say it is the truth. I once read the Bible - that is not my truth either. I have not read the Koran or Quabbala, but feel that they would also not be my truth. They are all old traditions - still doesn't make them right.

To quote from your email (the one I am answering)

"What is wrong with finding something is true and something else is not? Not everything can be true."

It is also possible that nothing that has so far been thought of is correct - that something completely different may happen. There are more choices than those put before us by people of the past. Just because someone writes something does not mean we all have to blindly believe it.

Jo

Isn't that a little presumptuous Peter? It's fine that you want to be a skeptic...but to say outright, with the huge traditions, and the many many writings/experiences on the subject for you to say outright that "yogi's know no more than anyone else on the issue". Have you checked out any of Parahamsa Yogananda's books? Or any other yogi's books? If you did you would see he does indeed know much, much more than any of us regular folks. Many many books that anyone would be hard pressed to make up. Maybe the ideal outlook would be to think "we just don't know" but not "no one does know for sure" or "it just ain't so"!

it doesn't make either them or me right, though.

What is wrong with finding something is true and something else is not? Not everything can be true. One or the other is true...not all views on every subject can always be true. We may not know that truth personally for ourselves but that doesn't mean something isn't.

KristinaTo send an email to -