IndiaDivine.org

Hello and Easter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone!

I'm dragonstarsong. I'm new here.I've been vegan for about 5months and vegetarian for 9 years. I love been vegan. It's not easy, but I'm more than happy to not be a supporter of cruelty and murder in any way whatso ever. I only recently found out about the cruelty involved in dairy farming and the cruelty to bees as well as really finding out what happens to many farm animals. I became vegetarian because I refused to eat other living creatures. I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical. I slowly became vegetarian 'coz when I was living with my parents they would make sure you ate all of your food, NO EXCUSES whatsoever. It was really hard to get my own way, I was too young to move out, besides I had no where to go but I knew they would come around, which they have, especially now when I visit, they're so understanding, (but they're still omnivores), they've changed so

much! Bless them.

Anyway, about Easter: I just wanted to say, growing up in a Catholic family, we always celebrated Easter but never ate meat on Good Friday other than fish. It's actually considered an offence to eat meat on this day, when Jesus sacrificed himself, its like eating his body or something, like being an accomplice to his death, to his murder. Or maybe it's coz he sacrificed himself for all life, and by eating meat you are showing great disrespect. I don't see why fish is o.k though, although I do knw some Christians who don't est any meat or animal products on this day. I made a deal with my mum that I would only celebrate Easter with her if no meat and no animal products are used. So far, so good. I'm there to supervise and inform on products.Hopefully one day soon I won't need to supervise, and they may come around to veganism! This is the first time I'm doing this so I just pray everythimg goes

excellent.

Find local movie times and trailers on Movies.

Guest guest

heck, some folks don't see other peoples as havin any value as well...

tis a crazy scary world at times...

.. I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as

having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical

Guest guest

Hi Dragonstarsong - welcome to the list. I hope you enjoy it here.

I was listening to a conversation at work the other day - these people were saying how they could never be vegetarian, how they loved their meat etc. I was managing to ignore the conversation until one came up with the highly irritating, possible most stupid comment that meat-eaters can ever make - "if everyone was vegetarian we wouldn't see those lovely little lambs in the field" !!!!!!!!!!! I didn't say anything but (and I think Peter will confirm this) I have a look that can freeze someone in their tracks. The only problem is it left me feeling irritated for hours.

Jo

I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical.

Guest guest

good luck!*grin* i very much dig your optimism! (i brought my mom over from the dark side after 45 years of meat consumption) it may happen! your writing makes me smile; i agree with a lot of what you say ~~brii

>dragonstarsong <dragonstarsong > > > Hello and Easter >Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:09:10 +1000 (EST) > > > > >Hi everyone! > >I'm dragonstarsong. I'm new here.I've been vegan for about 5months and vegetarian for 9 years. I love been vegan. It's not easy, but I'm more than happy to not be a supporter of cruelty and murder in any way whatso ever. I only recently found out about the cruelty involved in dairy farming and the cruelty to bees as well as really finding out what happens to many farm animals. I became vegetarian because I refused to eat other living creatures. I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical. I slowly became vegetarian 'coz when I was living with my parents they would make sure you ate all of your food, NO EXCUSES whatsoever. It was really hard to get my own way, I was too young to move out, besides I had no where to go but I knew they would come around, which they have, especially now when I visit, they're so understanding, (but they're still omnivores), they've changed so much! Bless them. > >Anyway, about Easter: I just wanted to say, growing up in a Catholic family, we always celebrated Easter but never ate meat on Good Friday other than fish. It's actually considered an offence to eat meat on this day, when Jesus sacrificed himself, its like eating his body or something, like being an accomplice to his death, to his murder. Or maybe it's coz he sacrificed himself for all life, and by eating meat you are showing great disrespect. I don't see why fish is o.k though, although I do knw some Christians who don't est any meat or animal products on this day. I made a deal with my mum that I would only celebrate Easter with her if no meat and no animal products are used. So far, so good. I'm there to supervise and inform on products.Hopefully one day soon I won't need to supervise, and they may come around to veganism! This is the first time I'm doing this so I just pray everythimg goes excellent. > > > > > > > > > > >Find local movie times and trailers on Movies. Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium!

Guest guest

those whom most humans keep as pets and eat are people, too. it's dangerous to distance ourselves too much from animals, because we are animals. (fraggle, i know that isn't what you meant; i just wanted to remind everyone that "person" and "animal" are interchangeable....and it is a crazy world)

p.s.--to follow my lingual hypothesis, i checked with webster, who contradicted himself but proved me right

>"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx > > > Re: Hello and Easter >Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:49:40 -0000 > >heck, some folks don't see other peoples as havin any value as well... >tis a crazy scary world at times... > > >. I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as >having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical > MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download!

Guest guest

hi jo

what a stupid thing for your colleague to say about the lambs......i would have been furious too......are people just bred to die too??.....sounds like sado masochistic animal eater justification....

catherine

>"Heartwork" <Heartwork > > >Re: Hello and Easter >Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:13:01 +0100 > >Hi Dragonstarsong - welcome to the list. I hope you enjoy it here. > >I was listening to a conversation at work the other day - these people were saying how they could never be vegetarian, how they loved their meat etc. I was managing to ignore the conversation until one came up with the highly irritating, possible most stupid comment that meat-eaters can ever make - "if everyone was vegetarian we wouldn't see those lovely little lambs in the field" !!!!!!!!!!! I didn't say anything but (and I think Peter will confirm this) I have a look that can freeze someone in their tracks. The only problem is it left me feeling irritated for hours. > >Jo > I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical. Are you going travelling? Help us to find the 100 best internet cafes in the world. Click here for more details and you could win £250 and a digital camera!

Guest guest

Animals are just other people as far as I am concerned.

Jo

those whom most humans keep as pets and eat are people, too. it's dangerous to distance ourselves too much from animals, because we are animals. (fraggle, i know that isn't what you meant; i just wanted to remind everyone that "person" and "animal" are interchangeable....and it is a crazy world)

p.s.--to follow my lingual hypothesis, i checked with webster, who contradicted himself but proved me right

>"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx > > > Re: Hello and Easter >Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:49:40 -0000 > >heck, some folks don't see other peoples as havin any value as well... >tis a crazy scary world at times... > > >. I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as >having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical >

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! To send an email to -

Guest guest

It's just about the most stupid thing someone can say. I think she realised that when I looked at her. It just shows what a lack of though people put into their actions!

BBJo

hi jo

what a stupid thing for your colleague to say about the lambs......i would have been furious too......are people just bred to die too??.....sounds like sado masochistic animal eater justification....

catherine

Guest guest

I'm beginning to think animals ( the veggie ones) are more civilized than humans..on the whole.

S

-

Heartwork

Wednesday, April 07, 2004 6:33 PM

Re: Re: Hello and Easter

Animals are just other people as far as I am concerned.

Jo

>"fraggle" <EBbrewpunx > > > Re: Hello and Easter >Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:49:40 -0000 > >heck, some folks don't see other peoples as havin any value as well... >tis a crazy scary world at times... > > >. I have never understood how some people don't see other animals as >having any value other than their pets, which is so hypocritical >

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! To send an email to - To send an email to -