IndiaDivine.org

for the record..sunday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

the english word sunday comes from the old english word sunnandæg, which meant literally the day of the sun

it comes from the root word sawel...again, the sun,....from which we also get Sol, solar, south etc and so forth

the days of the week are either named after pagan gods er planets...and the planets are named after the gods anyways...

sunday, the sun..in latin solis dies

monday the moon, in latin lunae dies

tuesday.. tiw, god of war and law, akin to the roman mar(without the law part), hence in latin martis dies

wednesday ..wotan, wotan, odin's day..though wotan was the king of the gods of that pantheon, he was also god of wisdom, givin him kinship with the roman mercury..in latin mercurii dies

thursday..thors day..related to jupiter/jove/zeus..gods of thunderbolts, and of course the planet..jovis dies

friday ..freya or frigg's day..goddess of fertilty, love and such(also brewin)..hence the roman venus...in latin veneris dies

saturday..saturn...saturni dies..in hebrew shabbath...

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/13/04 7:15:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, itsoucas writes:

You are right here.

But KYRIAKH in Greek or Domenica in italian: Day of the Lord (Jesus Christ).

again...both MODERN languages....

yer puttin the cart in front of the horse my friend...

Guest guest

You are right here.

But KYRIAKH in Greek or Domenica in italian: Day of the Lord (Jesus Christ).

We both agree fully here :)EBbrewpunx wrote:

the english word sunday comes from the old english word sunnandæg, which meant literally the day of the sunit comes from the root word sawel...again, the sun,....from which we also get Sol, solar, south etc and so forththe days of the week are either named after pagan gods er planets...and the planets are named after the gods anyways...sunday, the sun..in latin solis diesmonday the moon, in latin lunae diestuesday.. tiw, god of war and law, akin to the roman mar(without the law part), hence in latin martis dieswednesday ..wotan, wotan, odin's day..though wotan was the king of the gods of that pantheon, he was also god of wisdom, givin him kinship with the roman mercury..in latin mercurii diesthursday..thors day..related to jupiter/jove/zeus..gods of thunderbolts,

and of course the planet..jovis diesfriday ..freya or frigg's day..goddess of fertilty, love and such(also brewin)..hence the roman venus...in latin veneris diessaturday..saturn...saturni dies..in hebrew shabbath... To send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

KYPIAKH in the Greek languages is classic Greek and modern Greek the same, so it is not just modern Greek, an was invented in the middle ages.EBbrewpunx wrote:

In a message dated 4/13/04 7:15:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, itsoucas writes:

You are right here.But KYRIAKH in Greek or Domenica in italian: Day of the Lord (Jesus Christ).again...both MODERN languages....yer puttin the cart in front of the horse my friend... To send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Hi Yannis

> KYPIAKH in the Greek languages is classic Greek and modern Greek the same, so it is not just modern Greek

You seem determined to destroy your own arguments... you are now arguing that the ancient Greeks had a day named "the day of the Lord". Problem is, that ancient Greece was polytheistic, and certainly did not follow Judaism (the only form of monotheism at the time)... therefore, this "day of the Lord", could not possibly refer to Yahweh, but must refer to another god / gods in the Greek pantheon... quite probably the Sun god. I don't know enough about the Greek pantheon, but in Sumer, the sun God was usually referred to as "The Lord", so I suspect the same is true in Greece.

So, you have just proven that KYPIAKH is, in fact, a reference to the Sun god, not to the Christian one!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

In Spanish, the days of the week are as follows, in liturgical order: Domingo: from Latin Dominicus, Day of the Lord

Lunes: Latin Lunae (dies), day devoted to the moon

Martes: Lat. Martis (dies), day devoted to Mars

Miércoles: Lat. Mercuri (dies), devoted to Mercury

Viernes: Lat. Veneris(dies), Devoted to Venus

Here's the interesting one

Sábado: Lat. Sabbatum, the Jewish day of rest.

The main religion of most Spanish speaking countries is Christianity, in particularly Catholic (Spanish Catholic invaders), and Sunday is when they go to Church. But I do have some Adventist friends, who are vegetarian (advised if you're Adventist), and they always hold a special 'celebration', mass if you like, on Saturday evenings. It's when they have Church.I've been to one of them and it's very 'modern', unlike Catholic mass, which I find rather beautiful with its rituals, inspite of the fact that most churchgoers and probably clergy have no idea as to its origins, or what they're really doing. Just thought someone would find this little bit of info. interesting.

Blessed Be,

Dragonstarsong

Find local movie times and trailers on Movies.

Guest guest

Hi Dragonstarsong

I found it interesting - thanks.

Bright blessings

Jo

In Spanish, the days of the week are as follows, in liturgical order: Domingo: from Latin Dominicus, Day of the Lord

The main religion of most Spanish speaking countries is Christianity, in particularly Catholic (Spanish Catholic invaders), and Sunday is when they go to Church. But I do have some Adventist friends, who are vegetarian (advised if you're Adventist), and they always hold a special 'celebration', mass if you like, on Saturday evenings. It's when they have Church.I've been to one of them and it's very 'modern', unlike Catholic mass, which I find rather beautiful with its rituals, inspite of the fact that most churchgoers and probably clergy have no idea as to its origins, or what they're really doing. Just thought someone would find this little bit of info. interesting.

Blessed Be,

Dragonstarsong

Guest guest

Peter, don't you think a little bit, your blind opposition to anything Christian goes to faaaaaaaaaaaaaar?

I have written the word KYPIAKH has been invented in the middle ages. If the middle ages begin with the emperor Constantine, at this time the Christians were there already for more than 3 centuries. That was not in the time of the Greek polytheism and not existence of the Church. The Greeks have still spoken classic Greek at this time, more exactly, they have spoken the version KOINH (koine) of the classic Greek language.

YannisPeter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Yannis

> KYPIAKH in the Greek languages is classic Greek and modern Greek the same, so it is not just modern Greek

You seem determined to destroy your own arguments... you are now arguing that the ancient Greeks had a day named "the day of the Lord". Problem is, that ancient Greece was polytheistic, and certainly did not follow Judaism (the only form of monotheism at the time)... therefore, this "day of the Lord", could not possibly refer to Yahweh, but must refer to another god / gods in the Greek pantheon... quite probably the Sun god. I don't know enough about the Greek pantheon, but in Sumer, the sun God was usually referred to as "The Lord", so I suspect the same is true in Greece.

So, you have just proven that KYPIAKH is, in fact, a reference to the Sun god, not to the Christian one!

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

I find it a wonder when Jesus is quoted as saying" The Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath. I wonder what his answer would have been if someone had said to him. We are going to change the Sabbath/Saturday to the Sunday and flood Sun worshipping practices with your teachings all in your name long after you are dead. I would expect he would of said something like...What gives you the right to go against Gods holy Sabbath and to do it in my name?

I have been to quite a few of the SDA saturday morning meetings that they hold every week, and a meal and health talk that they have once a month...lovely food.

-

dragonstarsong

veganchat groups

Saturday, April 17, 2004 8:01 AM

Re:for the record..Sunday

Blessed Be,

Dragonstarsong

Find local movie times and trailers on Movies.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Yannis

> Peter, don't you think a little bit, your blind opposition to anything Christian goes to faaaaaaaaaaaaaar?

You would do better to stick to the conversation rather than lashing out just because you don't like what I have to say - it only makes you look foolish.

> I have written the word KYPIAKH has been invented in the middle ages.

No - you wrote that it was ancient Greek (and I quote: "KYPIAKH in the Greek languages is classic Greek and modern Greek the same, so it is not just modern Greek"). Since I don't speak either ancient or modern Greek, I took your word for it. However, it now seems you are changing your story because you don't like the implications of your original idea. Which is the truth?

> If the middle ages begin with the emperor Constantine, at this time the Christians were there already for more than 3 centuries.

The Middle Ages traditionally begins after the Dark Ages, which places it around 6 centuries after the death of Constantine.

BB

Peter