NO one here finds your faith or the faith of any other here

offensive. What is offensive is that your faith stipulates that mine

(the lack of one) is WRONG.

Bottom line the second you acknowledge that YOU could be wrong but

not necessarily and I could be right but not necessarily. Every one

will be at peace.

But we all know, by you own words, that your faith won't allow you to

question it and further more whether you admit it or not it forces

you to view all other oppinion but your own as FALSE.

THAT offends to MA, and that is why I left Christianity behind. How

could I expect others to tolerate me when I refused to tolerate them?

A bit of a paradox don't you think? You're basically telling us that

if we are soooo. tolerant we have to torerate your INTOLERANCE. And

believe it or not that's what were doing. Quite nicely I might add.

DON'T accuse us of what you yourself are guilty of.

Judge NOT lest by these thing ye also be judge, for by what measure

ye mete so shall it be met unto you.

David

, ioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas>

wrote:

> I have a different impression: It seems to be you find offensive if

someone is writing about his Christian faith, just because it is

Christian, i.e. if it is something not Christian you show more

tolerance.

>

> Heartwork <Heartwork@o...> wrote:The fact that you assume your

beliefs to be totally correct - moreso than other peoples - I find

offensive.

>

> Jo

>

> Neither Jo. Just I participate in this discussion. I didn't start

the discussion even myself.

> Are you so intolerant speaking about " offence " . So who is here

offending, me or you?

>

> Heartwork <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> Ioannis

>

> Are you intentionally preaching to us or trying to convert us? You

are giving that impression, and do seem to be saying that your

religion is the only right one. This attitude could, and probably

is, causing some offense.

>

> Jo

>

> Bush jr. said that for himself.

> I didn't say it for myself. I said it for the creator of the world,

of us humans and of everything else.

> If someone is using something for herself/himself, this is very

often dangerous.

> In the same sense it is forbidden to worship anything else but the

living God.

>

> EBbrewpunx@c... wrote:

> In a message dated 4/10/04 10:30:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

itsoucas writes:

> Are you with the living God or are you against the living God.

>

> no offense...

> but that sorta sounds like george bush jr

> yer either with us er against us...

>

> personally..worship however the heck you like, er don't worship, er

pretend, er wotever..

> to each their own...

> no one has all the answers....

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

> Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " your friends

today! Download Messenger Now

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

> Messenger - Communicate instantly... " Ping " your friends

today! Download Messenger Now

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

If I write here what I know is true, (not simple "believe" only) I don't try to enforce anything to someone. It is you business wha you want to be.

About violence: This was with the Catholic Chuch, not with the Orthodox Church. These days, the Vatican has apologised for this violence to the Orthodox Church: 800 years ago, the crusaders (catholics) had occupied Constantinople. The Orthodox Church was never a Church of violence.

YannisPeter <metalscarab wrote:

Yannis

> I have a different impression: It seems to be you find offensive if someone is writing about his Christian faith, just because it is Christian, i.e. if it is something not

> Christian you show more tolerance.

I think if you look in the archives from about 2 weeks ago, you will see we were having exactly the same discussion with someone who was from a completely different religion. It is not the religion, it is the attempt to force that religion on everyone else that is the problem. I also don't really think, considering the violent history of the religion you are trying to force on us, that you have any right at all to complain about persecution.

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Yannis

> About violence: This was with the Catholic Chuch, not with the Orthodox Church. These days, the Vatican has apologised for this violence to the Orthodox

> Church: 800 years ago, the crusaders (catholics) had occupied Constantinople. The Orthodox Church was never a Church of violence.

Ummmm - the first crusade was all about protecting Constantinople (the centre of the Orthodox church) from Islam. The Greek Patriach was calling for military help from the Pope for twenty years before he finally got it. If it had been left up to the Catholic church, they probably wouldn't have ever bothered.

The Orthodox Church was also at the centre of the war between the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires which lasted for several centuries, and was a major factor in the current turmoil in the Balkan states, and particularly Albania.

And then you have the current troubles in Greece with anti-Semitism, caused by the fact that the Orthodox church still maintains that "The Jews" are responsible for the death of Jesus, and at least some of the Orthodox leaders take a particularly anti-Semitic stance during the Easter period.

I wouldn't say that the Orthodox church is quite as innocent as you make out.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

i think everyone would be happy to hear about your christian faith if you weren't presenting it in such a harsh, even condescending, way. i honestly am pleased for you to know that you're comfortable in your spirituality (most people could only hope for so much!) but i'd be more pleased if i were to hear about it from you without also hearing that all other religions lead astray from the one and only true god that you worship. as you have happiness and comfort in your faith, realize also that others have found the same warmth from theirs and be zealous about what you have without appearing threatening or disdainful. ~~brii

>ioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas > > >Re: Re: Life After fraggle >Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:13:43 +0100 (BST) > >I have a different impression: It seems to be you find offensive if someone is writing about his Christian faith, just because it is Christian, i.e. if it is something not Christian you show more tolerance. > >Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:The fact that you assume your beliefs to be totally correct - moreso than other peoples - I find offensive. > >Jo > >Neither Jo. Just I participate in this discussion. I didn't start the discussion even myself. >Are you so intolerant speaking about "offence". So who is here offending, me or you? > >Heartwork <Heartwork wrote: >Ioannis > >Are you intentionally preaching to us or trying to convert us? You are giving that impression, and do seem to be saying that your religion is the only right one. This attitude could, and probably is, causing some offense. > >Jo > >Bush jr. said that for himself. >I didn't say it for myself. I said it for the creator of the world, of us humans and of everything else. >If someone is using something for herself/himself, this is very often dangerous. >In the same sense it is forbidden to worship anything else but the living God. > >EBbrewpunx wrote: >In a message dated 4/10/04 10:30:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, itsoucas writes: >Are you with the living God or are you against the living God. > >no offense... >but that sorta sounds like george bush jr >yer either with us er against us... > >personally..worship however the heck you like, er don't worship, er pretend, er wotever.. >to each their own... >no one has all the answers.... > > >To send an email to - > > > > > > Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now > >To send an email to - > > > > >To send an email to - > > > > > Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now > >To send an email to - > > > >To send an email to - > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi Brii

> i think everyone would be happy to hear about your christian faith if you weren't presenting it in such a harsh, even condescending, way. i honestly am pleased for

> you to know that you're comfortable in your spirituality (most people could only hope for so much!) but i'd be more pleased if i were to hear about it from

> you without also hearing that all other religions lead astray from the one and only true god that you worship. as you have happiness and comfort in your faith,

> realize also that others have found the same warmth from theirs and be zealous about what you have without appearing threatening or disdainful. ~~brii

Well put - that's exactly what I've been trying to say, but you've put it far better than I did :-)

BB

Peter