IndiaDivine.org

breakfast cereal crisis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

does anyone have cereal secrets? i've abstained for waaay too long and yesterday, i tore kroger apart only to find ONE brand of puffed rice that ended up tasting like .....*ahem* in any case, it wasn't pretty! i'd really appreciate any recommendations. thanks! ~~brii MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download!

Guest guest

secrets???

ummmm...

i assume you mean a cereal that tastes good...

depends wot you like...

our local markets are chock full of "alterno" cereal brands..i'm not a big breakfast food eater..but i do enjoy the flax and almond flakes on the rare occassion...

as fer the big easy to find cereals...aren't grape nuts vegan???

Guest guest

I can only suggest Kelloggs Cornflakes if you are in the UK (they are not vegan in US), and oats for porridge or muesli. Rice Krispies are also vegan in the UK. I often think the best thing to do is go to the health food shop and buy all the separate ingredients and mix your own.

Jo

Guest guest

yeah, i usually buy my cereal at whole foods. my favs are Erewhon

Raisin Bran (organic) and Barbara's Bakery Original Shredded Wheat. i

was also eating kamut flakes for a while, straight out of the bulk bin

(well, not STRAIGHT out of the bulk bin ;)). i was blending up fresh

cashew milk and pouring that over it... it was sinfully delicious.

Guest guest

hi all

i gave up on the usual brekkie cereals way back because they have too much sugar/milk products etc but i have recently returned to a vegan muesli i found at my local health food store, a nice nutty one with dried apricots mmmmmm

catherine

>"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!" <phytoscarfingsimianpod > > > breakfast cereal crisis >Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:16:43 -0400 > Have more fun with your phone - download ringtones, logos, screensavers, games more. Click here to begin!

does anyone have cereal secrets? i've abstained for waaay too long and yesterday, i tore kroger apart only to find ONE brand of puffed rice that ended up tasting like .....*ahem* in any case, it wasn't pretty! i'd really appreciate any recommendations. thanks! ~~brii MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download!

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Catherine

I'm afraid I cannot eat breakfast - well not before I go to work anyway. I usually take a banana to eat at about 9 a.m. when I start feeling hungry. I do have toast on Saturday and porridge on Sundays though - but that is usually at gone 10 a.m.

BBJo

i gave up on the usual brekkie cereals way back because they have too much sugar/milk products etc but i have recently returned to a vegan muesli i found at my local health food store, a nice nutty one with dried apricots mmmmmm

Guest guest

....aren't grape nuts vegan???

MAN, I WISH!!! *tears up a little* ...sugar. (from differing sources.) ~~brii

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: breakfast cereal crisis >Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:56:23 EDT > >secrets??? >ummmm... >i assume you mean a cereal that tastes good... >depends wot you like... >our local markets are chock full of "alterno" cereal brands..i'm not a big >breakfast food eater..but i do enjoy the flax and almond flakes on the rare >occassion... > >as fer the big easy to find cereals...aren't grape nuts vegan??? From must-see cities to the best beaches, plan a getaway with the Spring Travel Guide!

Guest guest

thanks; that's probably what i'll do. (rice krispies sure aren't vegan here! *grumble*) i was a little shocked to find that even Fiber One and Total are potentially sinister. ~~brii

>"Heartwork" <Heartwork > > >Re: breakfast cereal crisis >Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:15:59 +0100 > >I can only suggest Kelloggs Cornflakes if you are in the UK (they are not vegan in US), and oats for porridge or muesli. Rice Krispies are also vegan in the UK. I often think the best thing to do is go to the health food shop and buy all the separate ingredients and mix your own. > >Jo > Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security.

Guest guest

I found Kashi GoLean Crunch at my local mainstream supermarket and it's

vegan. High in sugar, but tasty.

Love,

Anna

> " fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da! "

><phytoscarfingsimianpod

>

>

>Re: breakfast cereal crisis

>Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:49:25 -0400

>

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee®

Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

thanks; that's probably what i'll do. (rice krispies sure aren't vegan here! *grumble*) i was a little shocked to find that even Fiber One and Total are potentially sinister. ~~brii

>"Heartwork" <Heartwork > > >Re: breakfast cereal crisis >Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:15:59 +0100 > >I can only suggest Kelloggs Cornflakes if you are in the UK (they are not vegan in US), and oats for porridge or muesli. Rice Krispies are also vegan in the UK. I often think the best thing to do is go to the health food shop and buy all the separate ingredients and mix your own. > >Jo > Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

This is my prefered tipple in the morning, http://www.earthfoods.co.uk/products/catalogue_index.php4?ProductTypeUID=22 & ProductUID=29 - Whole Earth Organic Swiss Muesli. I have found that most muesli have dried coconut in which I hate with a vengence as I think they have all the charm of wood shavings. It is sweetened with maize syrup, but not too much. It is vegan and widely available - ( a Sainsburys near my work sells it - so I dont have to pay jumped up health food shop prices ). Ingredients below:

Organic Oat Flakes, Organic Wheat Flakes, Organic Raisins, Organic Maize Syrup, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Flax Seeds, Organic Hazelnuts, Sea Salt.

Hope this helps

The Valley Vegan.Anna Blaine <annacblaine wrote:

I found Kashi GoLean Crunch at my local mainstream supermarket and it's vegan. High in sugar, but tasty.Love,Anna>"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!" ><phytoscarfingsimianpod> > >Re: breakfast cereal crisis>Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:49:25 -0400>_______________Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963To send an email to - > ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822 From: "fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!" Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:49:25 -0400Re: breakfast cereal crisis

>"Heartwork" <Heartwork > > >Re: breakfast cereal crisis >Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:15:59 +0100 > >I can only suggest Kelloggs Cornflakes if you are in the UK (they are not vegan in US), and oats for porridge or muesli. Rice Krispies are also vegan in the UK. I often think the best thing to do is go to the health food shop and buy all the separate ingredients and mix your own. > >Jo >

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security. To send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Sounds good Peter - I suppose I could always take it to work to eat there.

Jo

Ingredients below:

Organic Oat Flakes, Organic Wheat Flakes, Organic Raisins, Organic Maize Syrup, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Flax Seeds, Organic Hazelnuts, Sea Salt.

Hope this helps

The Valley Vegan.

Guest guest

i've actually just found that giant eagle carries more vegan stuff than i'd expect --cereal crisis is cured! ~~brii

>"Anna Blaine" <annacblaine > > >Re: breakfast cereal crisis >Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:27:57 -0600 > >I found Kashi GoLean Crunch at my local mainstream supermarket and it's >vegan. High in sugar, but tasty. > >Love, >Anna > > > >"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!" > ><phytoscarfingsimianpod > > > > > >Re: breakfast cereal crisis > >Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:49:25 -0400 > > > >_______________ >Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® >Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963 ><< message5.txt >> Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium!

Guest guest

Yep, thats what I do, I dont feel hungry until I get there usually, only problem is that I have to take my soya milk with me as I cant keep that in my drawer!

The Valley Vegan.Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Sounds good Peter - I suppose I could always take it to work to eat there.

Jo

Ingredients below:

Hope this helps

The Valley Vegan.To send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

I take soya milk to work for my tea, so I could just take a little more for breakfast.

Jo

Yep, thats what I do, I dont feel hungry until I get there usually, only problem is that I have to take my soya milk with me as I cant keep that in my drawer!

The Valley Vegan.

Guest guest

Jo,

Sounds like you have a solution. I have to take soya milk every day in a container, as I would not like to leave some in the fridge in our workplace. Sad fact is that there are a lot of people who have tampered with other peoples property in that fridge, so I am not prepared to risk it!

Also being the only vegan, I am a soft target, and often the recipient of many jibes from the carniverous horde!

Thats enough paranoia for one day. Hope you enjoy whatever your having for breakfast.

All The Best,

The Valley Vegan....Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:

I take soya milk to work for my tea, so I could just take a little more for breakfast.

Jo

The Valley Vegan.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Peter

It's a shame things are tampered with. We don't have fridges at work, so I just take enough soya milk for the day. Colin says that where he works there's more soya milk than cow's milk in the fridge. Very strange cos there's not many veggies/vegans there.

This morning's breakfast was disgustingly large - toast, sausage, rashers, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes. I do have an excuse for such a large breakfast though. We got up at 4 a.m. to go to a beauty spot to watch the sunrise (only it was too cloudy and misty) and to watch the morris dancers and mummers. It was lovely, but a long uphill walk.

Jo

Jo,

Sounds like you have a solution. I have to take soya milk every day in a container, as I would not like to leave some in the fridge in our workplace. Sad fact is that there are a lot of people who have tampered with other peoples property in that fridge, so I am not prepared to risk it!

Also being the only vegan, I am a soft target, and often the recipient of many jibes from the carniverous horde!

Thats enough paranoia for one day. Hope you enjoy whatever your having for breakfast.

All The Best,

The Valley Vegan....