IndiaDivine.org

Swiffer WetJet !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I received this from another list, and thought it may be of interest to some, although I expect most of us use more environmentally friendly products.

Jo

From "Best Friends" in UtahI just received the following e-mail â?" thought Iâ?Td pass it along for your animal's health:I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year oldGerman Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog wascompletely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy doneto see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as ifthe dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog is kept inside,and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of himgetting into something unknown was hard to believe. My neighborstarted going through all the items in the house. When he got to theSwiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated"may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the companyto ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded tofind out that anitfreeze is one of the ingredients. (actually hewas told it's a compound which is one molecule away from anitfreeze).Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with thesolution, then licking it's own paws, and the dog eating from itsdishes which were kept on the kitchen floor cleaned with thisproduct, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver.Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also diedof liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quickcleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, sothey couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word toas many people as possible so they don't lose their animals.PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!

Guest guest

I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year oldGerman Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog wascompletely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy doneto see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as ifthe dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog is kept inside,and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of himgetting into something unknown was hard to believe. My neighborstarted going through all the items in the house. When he got to theSwiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated"may be harmful to small children and animals." >

Why would they allow a potentially harmful cleaning agent on the market..especially when they know how baby's like to crawl around...It's mind boggling! ( restrains from swearing).

Simon

Guest guest

It certainlyis disgraceful Simon.

Jo

Why would they allow a potentially harmful cleaning agent on the market..especially when they know how baby's like to crawl around...It's mind boggling! ( restrains from swearing).

Simon

Guest guest

It makes you wonder how many people might have been harmed in some way by touching of breathing in so called cleaning products..without realising it.

Simon

-

Heartwork

Sunday, May 09, 2004 2:37 PM

Re: Swiffer WetJet !

Jo

SimonTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Quite a few I would think. I don't know if much research has been done in that field, but there are lots of chemicals used for cleaning homes and offices etc.

Jo

-

simonpjones

Sunday, May 09, 2004 6:51 PM

It makes you wonder how many people might have been harmed in some way by touching of breathing in so called cleaning products..without realising it.

Simon

-

Heartwork

Sunday, May 09, 2004 2:37 PM

Jo

SimonTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_swiffer_wetjet.htm

this website says that this may not be true...i don't like swiffer anyways, they test on animals...but just something i pulled up.

-SamanthaHeartwork <Heartwork wrote:

I received this from another list, and thought it may be of interest to some, although I expect most of us use more environmentally friendly products.

Jo

From "Best Friends" in UtahI just received the following e-mail â?" thought Iâ?Td pass it along for your animal's health:I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year oldGerman Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog wascompletely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy doneto see what the cause was. The liver levels were unbelievable, as ifthe dog had ingested poison of some kind. The dog is kept inside,and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of himgetting into something unknown was hard to believe. My neighborstarted going through all the items in the house. When he got to theSwiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated"may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the companyto ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded tofind out that anitfreeze is one of the ingredients. (actually hewas

told it's a compound which is one molecule away from anitfreeze).Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with thesolution, then licking it's own paws, and the dog eating from itsdishes which were kept on the kitchen floor cleaned with thisproduct, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver.Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also diedof liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quickcleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, sothey couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word toas many people as possible so they don't lose their animals.PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!To send an email to -

Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at HotJobs