IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just forwarding this for the uk posse or should it be pussy? information on vegan cat food. Personally, I haven`t tried it so I can`t comment, but the info may be of interest to some of you, and no doubt there may be one or two of you who have tried this product. It will be interesting to here the verdict, as long as we dont get into the pets debate again!

The Valley Vegan......Note: forwarded message attached.

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Hi Peter,

Complete vegan cat food arrives this week!

Ami Vegan Cat Food from Italy.

Approved by the Vegetarian Society and not animal tested.

Free from animal ingredients, it includes all essential vitamins,

minerals, Omega 3 and 6 oils and of course, Taurine.

We are taking orders now - the food will be arriving on Thursday 13th May

and orders made this week will be dispatched on Friday.

Full product details on the website: http://www.VeggiePets.com

-----------------------------

PRICING

We are offering a bulk-buying discount!

400g bags = £2.80

Carton of 10 x 400g = £24.00 (save £4.00!)

400g bags should last an average cat between 5-8 days.

If this product proves popular over the next few weeks, we will be

acquiring 2kg bags that offer even better value.

-----------------------------

OTHER PRODUCTS FOR CATS

We have also recently introduced the following products:

VegeYeast

http://www.veggiepets.com/acatalog/vegeyeast.html

Imported from USA, formulated for cats and dogs. A highly acidic

nutritional yeast (good for healthy urinary tract) that will have them

licking the bowl clean.

1361g (3lbs) - £12.50

Prozymes Vegan

http://www.veggiepets.com/acatalog/prozyme_vegan.html

Imported from USA, this supplement contains highly concentrated digestive

enzymes that help cats and dogs improve the absorption of nutrients from

their foods by up to 71%.

113g - £14.00

Missing Link Vegetarian

http://www.veggiepets.com/acatalog/missing_link_vegetarian.html

A tasty food supplement, containing Omega 3 oils. Can help reduce joint

stiffness and improve skin and coat in both cats and dogs.

454g (1lb) - £13.88

As usual we are happy to hear any comments, criticisms, tips and

suggestions.

Best regards,

Damian

damian

02392 699 859

==========================================

We really hope this email is not intrusive. If you would rather we didn't

contact you with news and offers please let us know and we promise to

remove your from our Cat List.

Guest guest

uh-oh....while freeing worms from a can is usually a good thing, i fear that i'm opening the figurative and awful kind with the following question (please forgive me!). ...what "pets" debate? ~~brii

>peter hurd <swpgh01 > > > Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com >Tue, 11 May 2004 17:15:56 +0100 (BST) > >Just forwarding this for the uk posse or should it be pussy? information on vegan cat food. Personally, I haven`t tried it so I can`t comment, but the info may be of interest to some of you, and no doubt there may be one or two of you who have tried this product. It will be interesting to here the verdict, as long as we dont get into the pets debate again! >The Valley Vegan...... > >Note: forwarded message attached. > > > > Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now ><< message5.txt >> Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage!

Guest guest

You keep worms as pets??? :-)

Jo

-

fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!

Wednesday, May 12, 2004 10:54 PM

RE: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com

uh-oh....while freeing worms from a can is usually a good thing, i fear that i'm opening the figurative and awful kind with the following question (please forgive me!). ...what "pets" debate? ~~brii

>peter hurd <swpgh01 > > > Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com >Tue, 11 May 2004 17:15:56 +0100 (BST) > >Just forwarding this for the uk posse or should it be pussy? information on vegan cat food. Personally, I haven`t tried it so I can`t comment, but the info may be of interest to some of you, and no doubt there may be one or two of you who have tried this product. It will be interesting to here the verdict, as long as we dont get into the pets debate again! >The Valley Vegan...... > >Note: forwarded message attached. > > > > Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now ><< message5.txt >>

Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! To send an email to -

Guest guest

The one where " Should carnivous/potentially herbivous animals be fed on a vegan diet if given the choice debate.

( the can of worms might just find there home in the earth yet!)

-

>peter hurd <swpgh01 > > > Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com >Tue, 11 May 2004 17:15:56 +0100 (BST) > >Just forwarding this for the uk posse or should it be pussy? information on vegan cat food. Personally, I haven`t tried it so I can`t comment, but the info may be of interest to some of you, and no doubt there may be one or two of you who have tried this product. It will be interesting to here the verdict, as long as we dont get into the pets debate again! >The Valley Vegan...... > >Note: forwarded message attached. > > > > Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now ><< message5.txt >>

Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hello all,

This is a very interesting subject, and I have a interesting fact about vegetarian pets. My parents come from a state called Gujarat in India. Almost whole state is vegetarian, so no butcher shops there. All the pets we had or our neighbors had ate what we ate. Currently, one of my sisters lives in a big city in Gujarat, she has two dogs, who eat all vegetarian food and are growing beautifully. I took a video of them eating papya, pickles, rice and daal, and even papadum. This is how it is throughout the whole state. Most of the muslims living in this state eat meat so their pets get to eat meat as well. But that is a rarity.

I hope you falks find this interesting.

Peace.

Atul

simonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

The one where " Should carnivous/potentially herbivous animals be fed on a vegan diet if given the choice debate.

-

Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! To send an email to - To send an email to -

Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2'

Guest guest

I also meant figuratively speaking.

Simon

Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Atul

That is very interesting. Many years ago I had an omnivorous friend who fed her dog on a vegetarian diet - she said she smelled better that way. The dog was lovely and lived to be over 20.

Jo

Re: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com

Guest guest

-

atul patel

Thursday, May 13, 2004 9:41 PM

Hello all,

This is a very interesting subject, and I have a interesting fact about vegetarian pets. My parents come from a state called Gujarat in India. Almost whole state is vegetarian, so no butcher shops there. All the pets we had or our neighbors had ate what we ate. Currently, one of my sisters lives in a big city in Gujarat, she has two dogs, who eat all vegetarian food and are growing beautifully. I took a video of them eating papya, pickles, rice and daal, and even papadum. This is how it is throughout the whole state. Most of the muslims living in this state eat meat so their pets get to eat meat as well. But that is a rarity.>

Hi Atul

It's very interesting..... Are there many Vegans in the state do you know? Are there many Jains there that avoid all animal products?

Simon

Peace.

Atul

-

Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2' To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Simon,

I am glad you liked my story. I know that Gujarat and Rajasthan states are full of jains, and they avoid eating all animal products as well as things that grow underground, i.e. potatoe family etc. One person in Rajasthan has lived more than a year with water and sunlight. That to me is simply amazing.

Take care.

Atulsimonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

-

atul patel

Hello all,

This is a very interesting subject, and I have a interesting fact about vegetarian pets. My parents come from a state called Gujarat in India. Almost whole state is vegetarian, so no butcher shops there. All the pets we had or our neighbors had ate what we ate. Currently, one of my sisters lives in a big city in Gujarat, she has two dogs, who eat all vegetarian food and are growing beautifully. I took a video of them eating papya, pickles, rice and daal, and even papadum. This is how it is throughout the whole state. Most of the muslims living in this state eat meat so their pets get to eat meat as well. But that is a rarity.>

Hi Atul

It's very interesting..... Are there many Vegans in the state do you know? Are there many Jains there that avoid all animal products?

Simon

Peace.

Atul

-

Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2' To send an email to - To send an email to -

SBC - Internet access at a great low price.

Guest guest

Hi Jo,

I believe that your friend's dog lived longer because of the diet. Only vegetables have anti-oxidants, which take care of free radicals in our cells. This is a known fact. Also any living being eats less than their capacity lives longer.

ThanX for the reply.

More next time.

AtulHeartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Hi Atul

That is very interesting. Many years ago I had an omnivorous friend who fed her dog on a vegetarian diet - she said she smelled better that way. The dog was lovely and lived to be over 20.

Jo

Re: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.comTo send an email to -

SBC - Internet access at a great low price.

Guest guest

Sounds great, although most hindu/Indians are vegetarian , they are not necessarily vegan, and their diet relies heavilly on the use of ghee ( clarified butter) in their cookery, as I understand it.

The Valley Vegan....atul patel <archipat2001 wrote:

Hello all,

This is a very interesting subject, and I have a interesting fact about vegetarian pets. My parents come from a state called Gujarat in India. Almost whole state is vegetarian, so no butcher shops there. All the pets we had or our neighbors had ate what we ate. Currently, one of my sisters lives in a big city in Gujarat, she has two dogs, who eat all vegetarian food and are growing beautifully. I took a video of them eating papya, pickles, rice and daal, and even papadum. This is how it is throughout the whole state. Most of the muslims living in this state eat meat so their pets get to eat meat as well. But that is a rarity.

Peace.

Atul

-

Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2' To send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Not only dogs, vegan & vegetarian humans apparently are different to the olofactory system. Apparently when the British were trying to take over the world ( something we have passed over to America ), and fighting in India, the Indian army reckoned they could smell the British coming before they could see them!

The Valley Vegan....Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Hi Atul

Jo

Re: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.comTo send an email to -

Guest guest

I agree Peter. I can nearly always smell the difference between a meat-eater and a nonp0meat-eater. I expect eventually to smell the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan.

Jo

Not only dogs, vegan & vegetarian humans apparently are different to the olofactory system. Apparently when the British were trying to take over the world ( something we have passed over to America ), and fighting in India, the Indian army reckoned they could smell the British coming before they could see them!

The Valley Vegan....

Guest guest

hi jo and everyone

i can already sometimes smell someone who eats a lot of dairy.......and i

know when i became vegan i now smell diffrent.....the dairy sometimes

smelt like well errrrrrrrrm vomit to be frank.........yuch i

know........apparently in china they used to say they could smell a

westerner because of the dairy downwind

catherine

> " Heartwork " <Heartwork

>

>

>Re: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com

>Sat, 15 May 2004 20:03:20 +0100

>

>I agree Peter. I can nearly always smell the difference between a

>meat-eater and a nonp0meat-eater. I expect eventually to smell the

>difference between a vegetarian and a vegan.

>

>Jo

>

>

> Not only dogs, vegan & vegetarian humans apparently are different to the

>olofactory system. Apparently when the British were trying to take over the

>world ( something we have passed over to America ), and fighting in India,

>the Indian army reckoned they could smell the British coming before they

>could see them!

> The Valley Vegan....

Guest guest

Hi Atul

Sounds like a be a great place for vegans to visit...will bear those places in mind.

Thanks

Simon

-

atul patel

Friday, May 14, 2004 11:11 PM

Hi Simon,

I am glad you liked my story. I know that Gujarat and Rajasthan states are full of jains, and they avoid eating all animal products as well as things that grow underground, i.e. potatoe family etc. One person in Rajasthan has lived more than a year with water and sunlight. That to me is simply amazing.

Take care.

Atulsimonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

-

atul patel

Hello all,

Hi Atul

Simon

Peace.

Atul

-

Movies - Buy advance tickets for 'Shrek 2' To send an email to - To send an email to -

SBC - Internet access at a great low price. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Catherine.

Sometimes omnivores joke about veg**ns being 'windy' because of all the

fibre they eat. They don't know what to say that you can smell meat-eaters

whether they are windy or not!

Jo

> i can already sometimes smell someone who eats a lot of dairy.......and i

> know when i became vegan i now smell diffrent.....the dairy sometimes

> smelt like well errrrrrrrrm vomit to be frank.........yuch i

> know........apparently in china they used to say they could smell a

> westerner because of the dairy downwind

>

> catherine

Guest guest

hi brii

ha ha ha ha......i am not going to get into it again.....the pets

debate......but hey its a free world

catherine

> " fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da! "

><phytoscarfingsimianpod

>

>

>RE: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com

>Wed, 12 May 2004 17:54:48 -0400

>

>peter hurd <swpgh01 > > > Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com >Tue, 11 May 2004 17:15:56 +0100 (BST) > >Just forwarding this for the uk posse or should it be pussy? information on vegan cat food. Personally, I haven`t tried it so I can`t comment, but the info may be of interest to some of you, and no doubt there may be one or two of you who have tried this product. It will be interesting to here the verdict, as long as we dont get into the pets debate again! >The Valley Vegan...... > >Note: forwarded message attached. > > > > Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now ><< message5.txt >> Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage!

To send an email to -

Guest guest

heh, heh, yeah, i thought it wasn't probably a good move to ask, but...hey! i think that once an animal is domesticated, and if it's healthy for her or him, that we are equally obligated to change that animal's diet as we've changed our own for the same reasons we've changed our own. and i really frown on the housing of reptiles or scorpians(etcetera..) as "pets" at all because they must be fed live food. while in nature there's a balance between the stealth of the hunter and the evasive tactics of the potential prey-- one is the loser and one is the winner each time, and it's not predestined. the predator must win the match so often in order to sustain life, blah, blah, blah...-- in captive, the mouse placed in the lizard's cage has zilch-o chance of survival, though it must be put there for the lizard to survive, because she cannot hunt for herself. it throws a really morally-inept twist on a natural feeding. rrrg... and "pet" is a degrading word connoting that the only reason the captive (or pleasantly kept, as is usually the case!) animal exists is for the amusement of the "owner" or "master."the world would be much nicer if s/he were just someone who lived alongside her/his human guardian! ~~brii*giggle, groan*--aaaand as long as i'm griping, there needs to be a neuter pronoun that can be used in place of she/he/it that means a person of distinct gender not specified! what a cramp in my phrasing! YIKES!

>"Catherine Harris" <cait2

>

>

>Sun, 16 May 2004 22:49:47 +0000

>

>hi brii

>

>ha ha ha ha......i am not going to get into it again.....the pets

>debate......but hey its a free world

>

>catherine

>

>

> >"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!"

> ><phytoscarfingsimianpod

> >

> >

> >RE: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com

> >Wed, 12 May 2004 17:54:48 -0400

> >

>

><< message5.txt >> Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers!

Guest guest

-

Monday, May 17, 2004 5:24 AM

heh, heh, yeah, i thought it wasn't probably a good move to ask, but...hey! i think that once an animal is domesticated, and if it's healthy for her or him, that we are equally obligated to change that animal's diet as we've changed our own for the same reasons we've changed our own.>

I agree, if we see ourselves as just another specie of animal that can thrive on plant based diet why not any other specie?

and i really frown on the housing of reptiles or scorpians(etcetera..) as "pets" at all because they must be fed live food>

I'm not so sure that is true, have retiles been given enough encouragement to try a plant based diet?

Simon

Guest guest

It's not necessarly true that the prey animal has zero chance of survival.

My father (a vet) once had to treat a python. The owner had fed the python

by loclking him in the closet with a rat. He came back to find several

holes in his python and a fat, happy rat.

I used to keep garter snakes (the only reason I don't have them anymore is

because the ones I had passed on and my new landlord - my mother - said

absolutely no more snakes). They were quite happy eating fish filet from

the grocery store and I never fed them live prey.

Love,

Anna

> " fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da! "

><phytoscarfingsimianpod

>

>

>Mon, 17 May 2004 00:24:54 -0400

>

heh, heh, yeah, i thought it wasn't probably a good move to ask, but...hey! i think that once an animal is domesticated, and if it's healthy for her or him, that we are equally obligated to change that animal's diet as we've changed our own for the same reasons we've changed our own. and i really frown on the housing of reptiles or scorpians(etcetera..) as "pets" at all because they must be fed live food. while in nature there's a balance between the stealth of the hunter and the evasive tactics of the potential prey-- one is the loser and one is the winner each time, and it's not predestined. the predator must win the match so often in order to sustain life, blah, blah, blah...-- in captive, the mouse placed in the lizard's cage has zilch-o chance of survival, though it must be put there for the lizard to survive, because she cannot hunt for herself. it throws a really morally-inept twist on a natural feeding. rrrg... and "pet" is a degrading word connoting that the only reason the captive (or pleasantly kept, as is usually the case!) animal exists is for the amusement of the "owner" or "master."the world would be much nicer if s/he were just someone who lived alongside her/his human guardian! ~~brii*giggle, groan*--aaaand as long as i'm griping, there needs to be a neuter pronoun that can be used in place of she/he/it that means a person of distinct gender not specified! what a cramp in my phrasing! YIKES!

>"Catherine Harris" <cait2

>

>

>Sun, 16 May 2004 22:49:47 +0000

>

>hi brii

>

>ha ha ha ha......i am not going to get into it again.....the pets

>debate......but hey its a free world

>

>catherine

>

>

> >"fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da!"

> ><phytoscarfingsimianpod

> >

> >

> >RE: Fwd: Ami vegan cat food at VeggiePets.com

> >Wed, 12 May 2004 17:54:48 -0400

> >

>

><< message5.txt >> Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers!

To send an email to -

Guest guest

my ex always complains that i make the whole haus smell like garlic

wot can i say..i'm fragrant

One day, a man in the health food store asked if I was vegan. I said,

yes, why do you ask? He said I smelled like garlic! hehehe, I smelled

like garlic long before going vegan. I love garlic.

Sara

Guest guest

One day, a man in the health food store asked if I was vegan. I said,

yes, why do you ask? He said I smelled like garlic! hehehe, I smelled

like garlic long before going vegan. I love garlic.

Sara

, " Heartwork " <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> I agree Peter. I can nearly always smell the difference between a

meat-eater and a nonp0meat-eater. I expect eventually to smell the

difference between a vegetarian and a vegan.

>

> Jo

>

> Not only dogs, vegan & vegetarian humans apparently are different

to the olofactory system. Apparently when the British were trying to

take over the world ( something we have passed over to America ), and

fighting in India, the Indian army reckoned they could smell the

British coming before they could see them!

> The Valley Vegan....

Guest guest

I wonder why he equated garlic with being vegan!

Jo

-

" Sara " <gagrip5

Thursday, May 27, 2004 2:28 AM

> One day, a man in the health food store asked if I was vegan. I said,

> yes, why do you ask? He said I smelled like garlic! hehehe, I smelled

> like garlic long before going vegan. I love garlic.

> Sara

>

> , " Heartwork " <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> > I agree Peter. I can nearly always smell the difference between a

> meat-eater and a nonp0meat-eater. I expect eventually to smell the

> difference between a vegetarian and a vegan.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> > Not only dogs, vegan & vegetarian humans apparently are different

> to the olofactory system. Apparently when the British were trying to

> take over the world ( something we have passed over to America ), and

> fighting in India, the Indian army reckoned they could smell the

> British coming before they could see them!

> > The Valley Vegan....

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Don't know. Maybe he knew one vegan and that person happened to love

garlic?

, " Heartwork " <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> I wonder why he equated garlic with being vegan!

>

> Jo

> -

> " Sara " <gagrip5>

>

> > One day, a man in the health food store asked if I was vegan. I

said,

> > yes, why do you ask? He said I smelled like garlic! hehehe, I

smelled

> > like garlic long before going vegan. I love garlic.

> > Sara