IndiaDivine.org

Any of you have these thoughts?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am amazed at the responses to the Nick Berg beheading. I didn't see it, only heard it and that was enough. My comment here isn't a political one...I am not trying to start a discussion on the war or anything like that. What I wonder is this:

Why aren't those disgusted with a gruesome beheading disgusted with how we do that to animals day in and day out? How can they not put it together? I heard (not watched) the video, and his screams sounded like a slaughtered animal. It was chilling. I wonder, if anyone, has put two and two together. I know animals are not humans...but still. I think it matters.

Countless pictures and footage of factory farms and slaughterhouses have been accounted for...yet so many don't react to that but get hysterical over this beheading...and it doesn't matter that it is happening every second, of every day for our food!

Has anyone had these thoughts?

Kristina

Guest guest

some do, but probably not many

our "food" is generally soo removed from our normal senses, that we generally don't think much of it...

we are bombarded daily with ads fer this er that substance they wish us to hurry up and consume...."beef, its wot fer dinner!"..."got milk".."mcdonalds, i'm loving it"..etc and so forth, that most folks even if they saw a cow being slaughtered right in front of em still wouldn't think of it when they pounded down that burger

some would..

but...

we are soo divorced from our food and where it comes from in general

and besides, just like in war, "they are only animals"....in war, the enemy is givena host of terms to *dehumanize* him, he's a gook, a camel-jockey, a hun, etc and so forth..

we labeled them as different then us....

ain't much different with animals..

we don't consider ourselves in the same family..sooo

and just to make sure, we don't advertize fer slaughtered baby cow/calf muscle..its veal..its not grossly diseased overfed duck liver..its foe gros(er however you spell it..sorry, i only got home an hour ago and my brain is still out partying)...

fraggle

Guest guest

Hi Kristina

Like everyone else I find the beheading disgusting. I also find the senseless killing of the 12,000 Iraqi people disgusting, and the torture of them. Some people have no empathy even with others of their own species, let alone other species. It is sad, but true.

Jo

I am amazed at the responses to the Nick Berg beheading. I didn't see it, only heard it and that was enough. My comment here isn't a political one...I am not trying to start a discussion on the war or anything like that. What I wonder is this:

Guest guest

Well said Jo. I second that emotion...

The Valley Vegan........Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Hi Kristina

Like everyone else I find the beheading disgusting. I also find the senseless killing of the 12,000 Iraqi people disgusting, and the torture of them. Some people have no empathy even with others of their own species, let alone other species. It is sad, but true.

Jo

I am amazed at the responses to the Nick Berg beheading. I didn't see it, only heard it and that was enough. My comment here isn't a political one...I am not trying to start a discussion on the war or anything like that. What I wonder is this:To send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now