IndiaDivine.org

Spiritual effects of meat eating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/15/04 4:24:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Without tring to sound too extreme, the effects of eating animals ultimately are disease, war misery etc.

Interesting! You know it reminds me of a Buddhist poem, and I am paraphrasing here...it says:

"Why is there war and suffering?

Because we ignore the midnight cries in the slaughterhouse."

It's part of a bigger poem...I can find it anyone is interested.

Kristina

Guest guest

Kristina,

I would love to read that whole poem.

I do occasionally eat the some veggie hotdogs or substitute meat, it does help me...i'll eat beans and tofu, but i just don't cook them that often because i'm not a big cooker, but if i go out to eat i will order those kind of things, i usually order things that i never cook, because either i don't know how to cook them or i don't really know what to do with it after i cook it....like tempeh...i have bought some, but it just sits there.

Samanthalv2breathe wrote:

Without tring to sound too extreme, the effects of eating animals ultimately are disease, war misery etc.

Interesting! You know it reminds me of a Buddhist poem, and I am paraphrasing here...it says:

Kristina

To send an email to -

SBC - Internet access at a great low price.

Guest guest

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Saturday, May 15, 2004 4:43 PM

Re: Spiritual effects of meat eating

It's part of a bigger poem...I can find it anyone is interested.>

Is that poem by Budda of a Buddhist?

I have a poem...

.War! War! War no more!

That lowly Meat-eating brings to our door,

Sorry to judge in such a way,

But for the misery it brings

What more can you say?

It's done in ignorance

without a care

and by being misled,

usually as a baby

when first being fed,

So remember that dream

of true peace on earth in everyway

by letting the animals live their lives today.

As far as I am aware all major religions have a vegetarian diet as a basic teaching.

Pity It is not practiced by everyone.

I'd like to hear the rest of that Buddist poem

Simon

To send an email to -

Guest guest

I believe that thought is also part of Hare Krishna-ism. My Hare Krishna friend certainly reckons that is the case..... and as Simon has said many times, basically the world is in such a bad state because people eat animals.

Jo

Kristina

Guest guest

Hi Samantha

It is fine to eat the meat substitutes. Just make sure you are getting as varied a diet as possible, and check for hydrogenated fats.

Jo

I do occasionally eat the some veggie hotdogs or substitute meat, it does help me...i'll eat beans and tofu, but i just don't cook them that often because i'm not a big cooker, but if i go out to eat i will order those kind of things, i usually order things that i never cook, because either i don't know how to cook them or i don't really know what to do with it after i cook it....like tempeh...i have bought some, but it just sits there.

Guest guest

Hi Simon

I like the poem you quoted - thanks.

Jo

I have a poem...

.War! War! War no more!

What more can you say?

It's done in ignorance

without a care

and by being misled,

usually as a baby

when first being fed,

So remember that dream

by letting the animals live their lives today.

Guest guest

i'm interested! i'd like to see that ~brii

>lv2breathe > > >CC: Lv2breathe > Re: Spiritual effects of meat eating >Sat, 15 May 2004 11:43:00 EDT > >In a message dated 5/15/04 4:24:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > writes: >Without tring to sound too extreme, the effects of eating animals ultimately >are disease, war misery etc. >Interesting! You know it reminds me of a Buddhist poem, and I am >paraphrasing here...it says: > >"Why is there war and suffering? >Because we ignore the midnight cries in the slaughterhouse." > >It's part of a bigger poem...I can find it anyone is interested. > >Kristina Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events.

Guest guest

I'll try not to go on so much about it jo.

Yes Hare Krishnas' do believe their is a direct link to animal slaughter and wars etc like some taist, hindus etc..Thats why I have come to believe it.It seems to make simple sense even without having to believe in a God.

Simon

-

Heartwork

Saturday, May 15, 2004 8:10 PM

Re: Re: Spiritual effects of meat eating

I believe that thought is also part of Hare Krishna-ism. My Hare Krishna friend certainly reckons that is the case..... and as Simon has said many times, basically the world is in such a bad state because people eat animals.

Jo

KristinaTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Thanks Jo

I jotted it down about 3 years ago.

Simon

-

Heartwork

Saturday, May 15, 2004 8:14 PM

Hi Simon

I like the poem you quoted - thanks.

Jo

I have a poem...

.War! War! War no more!

What more can you say?

It's done in ignorance

without a care

and by being misled,

usually as a baby

when first being fed,

So remember that dream

by letting the animals live their lives today.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Simon

I didn't mean to imply you were 'going on about it'. It's a good point well made.

Jo

Yes Hare Krishnas' do believe their is a direct link to animal slaughter and wars etc like some taist, hindus etc..Thats why I have come to believe it.It seems to make simple sense even without having to believe in a God.

Guest guest

Hi Jo

Sorry for thinking you might of been...I sometimes think I go on about things too much...With some family members.. it's more they don't want to listnen when It's to do with veganism...It's like talking to a brick wall.

What is worse about it ...My parents lived on a farm with cows and chickens for a few years and it hasn't changed their minds about meat. I really can't help having little respect for them, though I care for them and everyone really.

Your pitied look might say more to them! lol

Simon

-

Heartwork

Sunday, May 16, 2004 3:04 PM

Hi Simon

I didn't mean to imply you were 'going on about it'. It's a good point well made.

Jo

I'll try not to go on so much about it Jo.

Yes Hare Krishnas' do believe their is a direct link to animal slaughter and wars etc like some taist, hindus etc..Thats why I have come to believe it.It seems to make simple sense even without having to believe in a God.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Sorry just back tracking, should of said....Your pitying look.

-

Heartwork

Sunday, May 16, 2004 3:04 PM

Hi Simon

Jo

Yes Hare Krishnas' do believe their is a direct link to animal slaughter and wars etc like some taist, hindus etc..Thats why I have come to believe it.It seems to make simple sense even without having to believe in a God.To send an email to -

Guest guest

I agree with you about eating meat and wars. After all we are what we eat. Violence stems from violence. My forefathers belived that we do not have a right to relase a soul of any living creature, that right is given to a few balancer animals, like tiger, lion, etc. I am not sure if we are the balancer of animal life.

I just watched an interesting Science Channels show about our origins. The first humanoid that walked the earth was a vegetarian. Her given name is lucy. The scientists were able to tell from her bones and built.

Take care.

AtulHeartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Jo

KristinaTo send an email to -

SBC - Internet access at a great low price.

Guest guest

-

atul patel

Monday, May 17, 2004 1:59 AM

I agree with you about eating meat and wars. After all we are what we eat. Violence stems from violence. My forefathers belived that we do not have a right to relase a soul of any living creature, that right is given to a few balancer animals, like tiger, lion, etc. I am not sure if we are the balancer of animal life.>

The only written form I know of that says we ought to be the balancers of animals diet is in The Genesis account of Creation. We already take control of so many animals that giving Lions, tigers etc plant foods if they wanted it..wouldn't be so impractical as I'm sure they would prefer it to chasing animals around for food...it would make their lives easier and would certainly make the poor victims of their cruel attacks happier.

It's a controversial subject at present..but in the future it will seem logical and correct.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Simon;

Oh, so you wrote the poem? I enjoyed it very much.

Sara

, " simonpjones " <simonpjones@o...>

wrote:

> Thanks Jo

>

> I jotted it down about 3 years ago.

>

> Simon

> -

> Heartwork

>

> Hi Simon

>

> I like the poem you quoted - thanks.

>

> Jo

Guest guest

Thanks Sara

Once in a blue moon I feel like having a go at a poem.

From what I have read and having given it some thought I think that human

wars and animal slaughter are directly linked.

Simon

-

" Sara " <gagrip5

Thursday, May 27, 2004 2:32 AM

Re: Spiritual effects of meat eating

> Simon;

> Oh, so you wrote the poem? I enjoyed it very much.

> Sara

> , " simonpjones " <simonpjones@o...>

> wrote:

> > Thanks Jo

> >

> > I jotted it down about 3 years ago.

> >

> > Simon

> > -

> > Heartwork

> >

> > Hi Simon

> >

> > I like the poem you quoted - thanks.

> >

> > Jo

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>