IndiaDivine.org

The subtle and not so subtle things we have to put up with!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/22/2004 4:15:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cd39 writes:

The three stages of becoming a Vegan

Denial

aggression

acceptance

we can all make some sort of support group with the different stages like for alcoholics.. (or not. whatever)

heart,jen.

Guest guest

Denial

aggression

acceptance

peter hurd [swpgh01]Saturday, May 22, 2004 9:30 PM Subject: Re: The subtle and not so subtle things we have to put up with!

I think some of the garbage spouted by these people comes from them just not being bothered that much with the topic to think about it.

Or we could start another conspiracy theory!

Just because I`m paranoid, doesn`t mean that they are not out to get me.....

P.S. I went to see a Naturapath for an Iridology session, and she seemed very glad that I was a vegan. One down 1.23 billion left to go.....

The Valley Vegan.....Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Simon

> Good story...It's probably better not to hide the fact that you are vegetarian...meat eaters need to be reminded of it when ever they can. I've been called a " tree

> hugger" ( which I didn't really). I said I'd rather hug a tree than chop[ it down. Another time someone said " Why am Iiving on rabbits food" Someone even said it was

> something homosexuals would did.

> I wonder where these notions come from. is it just from ignorants or does the meat industry have subtle propagada machine at work?

Must be ignorance, because most of my gay & lesbian friends are meat eaters! Although I will happily admit to being a tree hugger :-)

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now To send an email to -

Guest guest

-

xjenisveganx

Sunday, May 23, 2004 1:25 AM

Re: The subtle and not so subtle things we have to put up with!

In a message dated 5/22/2004 4:15:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cd39 writes:

Denial

aggression

acceptance

we can all make some sort of support group with the different stages like for alcoholics.. (or not. whatever).

I found it harder to give up smoking than to give up meat and harder to give up dairy than meat, It felt more like an addiction than a preference to me. I tell this to meat-eaters when they say they coundn't give up meat.

Simon

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Good point Simon - I'll have to remember to point that out to people too.

Jo

I found it harder to give up smoking than to give up meat and harder to give up dairy than meat, It felt more like an addiction than a preference to me. I tell this to meat-eaters when they say they coundn't give up meat.

Simon

Guest guest

Jo,

I have offered the phone number of vegan organisations who could give them advice on veganism.

It's always worth mentioning even if they didn't mean to suggest that meat was an addiction for them.

Those anyone in their right mind wouldn't choose meat over veganism....if they were given the right start in life, on a vegan diet..I would guess.

Simon

Good point Simon - I'll have to remember to point that out to people too.

Jo

Simon To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hey, I didn`t ask for an argument! ( I can barely spell the word) I`m just saying is all that I know what a sausage is, a chop is and a fillet is, and that is enough for me not to want to be reminded of its origins in any form.Each to his / her own ( as I keep saying). These foods are usually full of salt, very little nutrients, and are usually overpriced. I wish everyone could put aside an hour a week to cook in bulk from scratch and freeze. Now I know you are going to say that not everyone has the time/skill/inclination, but I can dream. I think that a lot of us would be a lot healthier, and have more money in our pockets.

There , Going home to my defrosted dinner now....

Peace , Love and Understanding to all...

Old hippy in the valleys.....Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> Unfortunately the convincing analogues usually kick my ethics chip into overload, causung a short circuit in my guts! Still each to his/ her own...Too many nice

> vegies/pulses/fruit and nuts out there for me to eat before resorting to that.

I'd probably have the same problem if the analogues looked like animals... i.e. if they came actually looking like a recently killed chicken, or something. But since they look about as much like animals as the meat equivalents do, then I don't see an issue. After all, if something tastes good, surely the only reason not to eat it is because it is ethically wrong, or because it is unhealthy... so what's wrong with having something on your plate that hasn't involved the death / harm to any animals just because it may taste a bit like them. After all, I don't hear any meat eaters complaining about pork because it (allegedly) tastes like human flesh!

BB

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Hey, I didn`t ask for an argument! ( I can barely spell the word) I`m just saying is all that I know what a sausage is, a chop is and a fillet is, and that is enough for

> me not to want to be reminded of its origins in any form.Each to his / her own ( as I keep saying).

So, would you eat an analogue if it was shaped like the eifel tower instead? :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

-----

> Hey, I didn`t ask for an argument! ( I can barely spell the word) I`m just saying is all that I know what a sausage is, a chop is and a fillet is, and that is enough for

> me not to want to be reminded of its origins in any form.Each to his / her own ( as I keep saying).

As long as it is not an animal or even shaped like an animal I don't mind....I don't know of many foods that are shaped like animals ( some poultry the exception).

Simon

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/25/04 12:07:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, metalscarab writes:

So, would you eat an analogue if it was shaped like the eifel tower instead? :-)

does it taste like it as well??

Guest guest

By defenition what would it be an analogue of ?; food, or the eifel tower?

What flavour is the Eifel Tower anyway? and is it vegan?

I can`t believe I am having this conversation, we must both have too much time on our hands!

All The Best,

The Valley Vegan....Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

BB

Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> By defenition what would it be an analogue of ?; food, or the eifel tower?

That would depend entirely on whether or not you like the taste of the eifel tower. I've never tried it personally, but I do (or at least did) like the taste of meat, just not the lack of ethics that are required to produce it!

BB

Peter