IndiaDivine.org

hey guys, im new

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hey! I did a search yesterday for any groups related to vegansim and i found this one! I have been vegetarian for almost 9 years and vegan for about 2 now. I`m here to share being vegan with the rest of you and all that goes along with it.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/18/2004 3:16:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Heartwork writes:

HiJen

Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy it here.

Jo

me too! its nice to have support in a world that is so closed minded

heart,jen.

Guest guest

Welcome, Jen!

xjenisveganx wrote:

hey! I did a search yesterday for any groups related to vegansim and i found this one! I have been vegetarian for almost 9 years and vegan for about 2 now. I`m here to share being vegan with the rest of you and all that goes along with it.

heart,jen.To send an email to -

Jack Truman Jack Truman, Vegan for Congress

U.S. Congressional Candidate

Southwest Missouri 7th District

(417) 398-2800

SBC - Internet access at a great low price.

Guest guest

, xjenisveganx@a... wrote:

> hey! I did a search yesterday for any groups related to

vegansim and i found

> this one! I have been vegetarian for almost 9 years and vegan

for about 2 now.

> I`m here to share being vegan with the rest of you and all that

goes along

> with it.

>

> heart,

> jen.

Welcome Jen! My son & I have not been vegan as long, but it is

such a good feeling to be vegan and we have made some

contacts with some very nice people. there is a great vegan food

store near us called Food Fight and also a locally owned market

called Daily Grind where we have found a plethora of great vegan

foods. I cannot believe how easy it is to be vegan and how much

weight (and excess fat) I am losing since I started. we are

committed now and soon to do some animal activism. Anyway,

looks like you found this group the same way I did and I just

wanted to say Welcome! : )

NMia

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/18/2004 4:20:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ian writes:

So Jen - where do you live, and how is it being vegan there?

I live in northern california. In a city called santa cruz, to be exact. I must say being vegan here isn`t so bad. Theres a ton of vegetarian and vegan resturants within an hour of where i live and numerous health food stores. On the other hand I know that my town is a lot like everyone elses... A lot of people asking a lot of questions they shouldn`t ask and a lot of people with opinions they shouldn`t have. There are a lot of vegetarians here but not a lot of vegans, especially for such a liberal town. So yeah i must say, its pretty good..

question.... does anyone know what sort of substitutions we can use when a baking recipe calls for "heavy cream"?

heart,jen.

Guest guest

there definately are a number of good places to eat down santa cruz way

fer heavy cream sub..i will try

silks coffee creamer

er maybe condensed coconut milk

er, silken soft tofu, blended...

cheers

fraggle

In a city called santa cruz, to be exact. I must say being vegan here isn`t so bad. Theres a ton of vegetarian and vegan resturants within an hour of where i live and numerous health food stores.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/2004 8:26:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time, changes4love writes:

Welcome Jen! My son & I have not been vegan as long, but it is such a good feeling to be vegan and we have made some contacts with some very nice people. there is a great vegan food store near us called Food Fight and also a locally owned market called Daily Grind where we have found a plethora of great vegan foods. I cannot believe how easy it is to be vegan and how much weight (and excess fat) I am losing since I started. we are committed now and soon to do some animal activism. Anyway, looks like you found this group the same way I did and I just wanted to say Welcome! : )NMia

thats great! I`m so happy for you and your son. I dont know if there is a recipe thread but I have some pretty good recipes, expecially one for "peanut butter cups" (like resees only.. VEGAN!) It does feel good to be vegan, it makes me happy knowing that i am not consuming the death of other animals.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/2004 10:30:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

there definately are a number of good places to eat down santa cruz wayfer heavy cream sub..i will trysilks coffee creamerer maybe condensed coconut milker, silken soft tofu, blended...cheersfraggle

thanks! I never thought of using coconut milk or coffee creamer.

Have you ever been to Asain Rose in santa cruz?

heart,jen.

Guest guest

please...send out recipes..

check the archives here, there must be 2 billion recipes stacked up back there!!

send em!

cheers

fraggle

thats great! I`m so happy for you and your son. I dont know if there is a recipe thread but I have some pretty good recipes, expecially one for "peanut butter cups" (like

Guest guest

thats on pacific right?

no..haven't had a chance yet...

i've been to the organic cafe, and saturn....

have had some good vegan food in the past at seabrite, and even at santa cruz brewing....

:)

cheers

fraggle

Have you ever been to Asain Rose in santa cruz?

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/2004 11:02:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

thats on pacific right?no..haven't had a chance yet...i've been to the organic cafe, and saturn....have had some good vegan food in the past at seabrite, and even at santa cruz brewing....:)cheersfraggle

Asain rose is off of pacific, by Lulus cafe and artforms and oswalds... it is VERY good. VERY VERY good. All of the food is made that morning, they only make as much as they think they will sell. Everything is very fresh and VERY good. and the best part (you all might gasp) five dollars for a huge plate of food. Thats awesome especially for vegan food. You should try it.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/2004 5:17:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time, annacblaine writes:

Hi Jen, I'm Anna. Sorry for the late message - I got the sasser worm awhile back and am still catching up on e-mail that collected while my computer was down.I hoipe you like it here - I sure do!Love,Anna

I`m sorry to hear that. I like it a lot in this group, i feared it might not be busy but it isnt and its really great to read what everyone has to say!

heart,jen.

Guest guest

Hi Jen, I'm Anna. Sorry for the late message - I got the sasser worm awhile

back and am still catching up on e-mail that collected while my computer was

down.

I hoipe you like it here - I sure do!

Love,

Anna

>xjenisveganx

>

>

> hey guys, im new

>Tue, 18 May 2004 14:23:14 EDT

>

>hey! I did a search yesterday for any groups related to vegansim and i

>found

>this one! I have been vegetarian for almost 9 years and vegan for about 2

>now.

>I`m here to share being vegan with the rest of you and all that goes along

>with it.

>

>heart,

>jen.

Guest guest

That's cool. I'm in London, which is also, compared to the rest of the

planet, fairly good for vegans. A Swedish vegan I met at Veggie Pride

joked that his friends and he hoped one day to travel to London and do

nothing but eat in vegan-friendly restaurants :)

Guest guest

well..next time i make it down to Santa Cruz i'll take yer recommendation to heart!

thanx!

fer a lot of food, personally i'll pick Lanesplitter in berkeley..their vegan calzones could feed a family of hungry grizzly bears...heh heh

and their salad bowls are gigantor....

cheers

fraggle

Asain rose is off of pacific, by Lulus cafe and artforms and oswalds... it is VERY good. VERY VERY good. All of the food is made that morning, they only make as much as they think they will sell. Everything is very fresh and VERY good. and the best part (you all might gasp) five dollars for a huge plate of food. Thats awesome especially for vegan food. You should try it.

heart,

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/20/2004 8:15:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

fer a lot of food, personally i'll pick Lanesplitter in berkeley..their vegan calzones could feed a family of hungry grizzly bears...heh hehand their salad bowls are gigantor....cheersfraggle

I used to work on telegraph ave.. Naan and curry is also awesome. :) smart alecs have a good tofu sesame salad.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/20/04 11:09:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, xjenisveganx writes:

I used to work on telegraph ave.. Naan and curry is also awesome. :) smart alecs have a good tofu sesame salad.

i don't get up to telegraph in berkeley very often..but since i'm flyerin fer a bar now, i guess i'll have more time to eat up there..haven't been to smart alecs in a good year and 1/2

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/20/2004 6:33:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

haven't been to smart alecs in a good year and 1/2

i like smart alecs... but it isnt an everyday type of thing. their burgers are kind of bland but their salads and garlic fries are pretty yummy. I`m going to herbivore on sunday!!!

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/21/04 10:09:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, xjenisveganx writes:

i like smart alecs... but it isnt an everyday type of thing. their burgers are kind of bland but their salads and garlic fries are pretty yummy. I`m going to herbivore on sunday!!

kewl

enjoy yerself!!!

i'm going to cha ya in berkeley on wednesday

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/21/2004 10:43:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

kewlenjoy yerself!!!i'm going to cha ya in berkeley on wednesday:)

I miss berkeley. Have you ever been to golden lotus in oakland? Do you ever go to vegdining.com?

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/21/04 10:46:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, xjenisveganx writes:

I miss berkeley. Have you ever been to golden lotus in oakland? Do you ever go to vegdining.com?

yeah..been to golden lotus in downtown a bunch of times..

an ex use to really like the place...

and, no, really don't use vegdining

there are more places to eat here in the bay area that i know of and can't get to as it is! i don't need to add to my list!!!

next time yer in oakland, try layonna, down the street from golden lotus..

cheers

fraggle

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/21/2004 11:45:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

next time yer in oakland, try layonna, down the street from golden lotus..cheersfraggle

i sure will... i hope it can beat the carmalized chicken from golden lotus!

heart,jen.