IndiaDivine.org

my mom, the dietitian

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/18/2004 10:11:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, annacblaine writes:

I was mulling over the thread on nutritionists today and just wanted to mention that my mother, who is a registered dietitian (dietician?) has never voiced any concern over the health of my diet. She has quibbled with me over the morality of consuming dairy products, but she has never stated, implied, or insinuated that subsisting on vegetables, whole grains, and soy is unhealthy. In fact she seemed pleased with my diet when I explained it to her.Love,Anna

the only thing i would recommend to you is just taking a calcium supplement. Especially being a women, having enough calcium for our bones is incredibly important. I, personally, take a daily multi vitamin and a seperate calcium pill. I think thats sufficient. My only concern with some people I know who are vegan is that they are very unhealthy. Consist on chips and salsa and manwich.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

calcium is actually easier fer veggies/vegans to get then it is fer the rest of the carnivores out there

an overload of protein does horrible things to calcium in our bones

collard greens, broccoli, kale, turnip greens, and fortified tofu, along with fortified soymilks, are all great sources of calcium

just remember to vary yer diet, and get plenty of magnisium as well

its b12 that is the tough one fer vegans....it use to be found in our soil(bacterai) and was uptaken by various root crops, but modern agriculture basically killed that off...

fraggle

the only thing i would recommend to you is just taking a calcium supplement. Especially being a women, having enough calcium for our bones is incredibly important. I, personally, take a daily multi vitamin and a seperate calcium pill. I think thats sufficient. My only concern with some people I know who are vegan is that they are very unhealthy. Consist on chips and salsa and manwich.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/2004 11:01:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

its b12 that is the tough one fer vegans....it use to be found in our soil(bacterai) and was uptaken by various root crops, but modern agriculture basically killed that off...fraggle

A lot of vegans may notice that you get sores on the corners of your mouth- thats becuase of the vitamin b12 deficiency. My dentist told me that.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

I am in my mid-30's and have already been told to start taking

calcium (my mother was recently diagnosed with osteop...however you

spell it). My doctor suggested taking it at night because it's most

effective then.

batcat

-----------

the only thing i would recommend to you is just taking a calcium

supplement. Especially being a women, having enough calcium for our

bones is incredibly important. I, personally, take a daily multi

vitamin and a seperate calcium pill.