IndiaDivine.org

Nutrition tips

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/04 4:43:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Message: 16 Wed, 19 May 2004 13:54:28 EDT EBbrewpunxSubject: Re: my mom, the dietitiancalcium is actually easier fer veggies/vegans to get then it is fer the rest of the carnivores out therean overload of protein does horrible things to calcium in our bonescollard greens, broccoli, kale, turnip greens, and fortified tofu, along with fortified soymilks, are all great sources of calciumjust remember to vary yer diet, and get plenty of magnisium as wellits b12 that is the tough one fer vegans....it use to be found in our soil(bacterai) and was uptaken by various root crops, but modern agriculture basically killed that off...fraggle

Thanks Fraggle for all the "tips"!

Especially vegan cream...I did not realize you could use condensed coconut milk, whirled silk tofu or store bought soy cream. Cool!

You are right on about the calcium stuff. Countries that take in a lot of dairy are often the ones with the biggest problem with osteoporosis. Wish I had a link at my fingertips...maybe later. Countries with mostly veg eaters have little incidence...we really need less than we think as long as we don't drain it out of our bones with excess caffeine, animal protein and carbonated drinks. Good topic.

I have a couple of "tips" of my own. Pumpkin seeds are an amazing supplment. They are loaded with iron (more than other nuts), zinc, EFA's, protein of course, and are a natural vermiguge. I grind them up and put them on my food. I used to be kind of a purist in the sense that I would get all my vitamins and nutrients from food...but I have now discovered the wonderful world of supplements. Now I am taking spirilina and I do feel better. I also am trying to routinely incorporate some dulse and other supplements into my diet.

Kristina

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/20/04 7:30:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lv2breathe writes:

Especially vegan cream...I did not realize you could use condensed coconut milk, whirled silk tofu or store bought soy cream. Cool!

i know the tofu and silk coffee cream thing work as a subsitute..

not sure about the coconut milk..that one was a guess....

i use a lot of coconut milk, so i though condensed might just do the trick fer certain needs...

might want to test it first!!!!

:)

cheers

fraggle

Guest guest

Hi Kristina!

Thanks for the pumpkin seeds tip! If i had kids I would love to make them with them! Both, no time soon (i hope)...my boyfriend and i will have lots of fun with that though.

besides spirilina, does anyone know of any multivitamin brand to get that's really good? i have been taking them, but it just like a regular one for anyone, but the ones that i looked at for vegetarians...they had too much in it, and then not enough of other things. any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Samantha

Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70/year