IndiaDivine.org

vegan products and mcdonalds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hey guys

so i just though i would let you all know that herbal essence fruit frusions body wash is vegan. its actually pretty cool becuase on the bottle it says that it is made without any animal byproducts.

also.... im sure that most/some of you wouldnt even consider eating at mcdonalds anyway but i was looking on their site to see if their new veggie burger is vegetarian or even vegan. i saw that when you check the ingredients list for their fries it says that "mcdondlds does not represent any of their products to be vegetarian" so i e mailed them and the response i got (i wish i saved it) said that they dont represent any of it to be vegetarian, including the veggie burger even though the ingredients list does not contain any animal products.

just thought i would share just in case any of you guys got a craving for some micky d`s (yeah right....)

heart,jen.

Guest guest

the problem with mcdeathburger and the like(well, one of many) is if you decide you want one of their overprocessed cardboard veggie burgers, u have to order it

1. microwaved...unless you like em cooked with the other dead flesh burgers

2. they have to be plain...no bun, etc..

3. and i'm not even sure in the mcdonalds veggie burger is even vegan

all in all, no thanx..

fast food just makes me want to scream

of course, i tend to scream a lot anyways

my poor vocal cords

hahahahahah

fraggle

Guest guest

hey jen

reguardless of what the bottle says herbal essence tests on animals.

mcdonalds...ugh, they are like the number one killer in united states...i don't support them at all...that's really interesting that they say that about the food...i wonder if that is like in fine print or something on their menu.

-Samanthaxjenisveganx wrote:

hey guys

so i just though i would let you all know that herbal essence fruit frusions body wash is vegan. its actually pretty cool becuase on the bottle it says that it is made without any animal byproducts.

also.... im sure that most/some of you wouldnt even consider eating at mcdonalds anyway but i was looking on their site to see if their new veggie burger is vegetarian or even vegan. i saw that when you check the ingredients list for their fries it says that "mcdondlds does not represent any of their products to be vegetarian" so i e mailed them and the response i got (i wish i saved it) said that they dont represent any of it to be vegetarian, including the veggie burger even though the ingredients list does not contain any animal products.

just thought i would share just in case any of you guys got a craving for some micky d`s (yeah right....)

heart,jen.To send an email to -

Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70/year

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/21/2004 11:55:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time, EBbrewpunx writes:

1. microwaved...unless you like em cooked with the other dead flesh burgers2. they have to be plain...no bun, etc..3. and i'm not even sure in the mcdonalds veggie burger is even veganall in all, no thanx..fast food just makes me want to screamof course, i tend to scream a lot anywaysmy poor vocal cordshahahahahahfraggle

my boyfriend (who is vegan as well) and i have had the burger king veggie burger when we were on a road trip.. we did have it microwaved and their bun (as well as the mcdonalds bun) is vegan. yeah it isnt that good (as expected) but when in a bind its an option...

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/21/2004 3:16:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, SamADemers writes:

hey jen

I know that herbal essence is made by proctor and gamble who apparently stopped animal testing about last year. who knows though. i just thought that (if its true) it is stated that it doesnt contain any animal byproducts. i think i`ll just stick with my toms of maine and my anti mcdonalds-ness (i havent been there in like 10 years, i wont even go pee in one)

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/21/2004 10:46:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, phytoscarfingsimianpod writes:

i haven't checked for a while, but i remember reading the burger king bun ingredients and there was some reason they weren't vegan. if you took someone's word on it, maybe you should double-check yourself,....that'd be awesome if they changed the ingredients! (i just doubt they did)~~brii

I did check it... I also checked the peta website where it said it was.... Maybe I missed something but I always make sure to check everything thoroughly...

heart,jen.

Guest guest

their bun (as

>well as the mcdonalds bun) is vegani haven't checked for a while, but i remember reading the burger king bun ingredients and there was some reason they weren't vegan. if you took someone's word on it, maybe you should double-check yourself,....that'd be awesome if they changed the ingredients! (i just doubt they did)~~brii

>xjenisveganx > > >Re: vegan products and mcdonalds >Sat, 22 May 2004 00:43:33 EDT > >In a message dated 5/21/2004 11:55:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time, >EBbrewpunx writes: >1. microwaved...unless you like em cooked with the other dead flesh burgers >2. they have to be plain...no bun, etc.. >3. and i'm not even sure in the mcdonalds veggie burger is even vegan >all in all, no thanx.. >fast food just makes me want to scream >of course, i tend to scream a lot anyways >my poor vocal cords >hahahahahah >fraggle >my boyfriend (who is vegan as well) and i have had the burger king veggie >burger when we were on a road trip.. we did have it microwaved and their bun (as >well as the mcdonalds bun) is vegan. yeah it isnt that good (as expected) but >when in a bind its an option... > >heart, >jen. Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage!

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/22/2004 2:19:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time, metalscarab writes:

Y'know, I can't comprehend why anyone who is vegan for ethical reasons would actually be interested in spending money in McD****ds anyway, regardless of whether the product is vegan or not!

BB

Peter

(I wasnt proposing people eat there... if you think i was, i was more just trying to say how lame mcdonalds is in the e mail they sent me saying that "they dont represent any of their products to be vegetarian or vegan" when i think a lot of america would disagree when they came out with a "mc veggie" burger- funny, i thought that would AT LEAST be vegetarian)

so anyway. The only time i ever had the burger king veggie burger (and i made sure it was cooked properly, to be vegan) i felt like crap the rest of the day. Just walking in there was eerie to me.

on a different note- does anyone know how hard it is to eat at Disneyland?!? My boyfriend and I had to actually leave the park to have lunch! They didnt have anything that was vegan friendly!

heart,jen.

Guest guest

> their bun (as well as the mcdonalds bun) is vegan

Y'know, I can't comprehend why anyone who is vegan for ethical reasons would actually be interested in spending money in McD****ds anyway, regardless of whether the product is vegan or not!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Jen

That's well worth passing on to people, so they know what to expect.

Jo

on a different note- does anyone know how hard it is to eat at Disneyland?!? My boyfriend and I had to actually leave the park to have lunch! They didnt have anything that was vegan friendly!

heart,jen.

Guest guest

umm

actually the bun isn't vegan....

it has butter, polysorbate 60 (from animal sources, and something else in it, which my brain has misfiled somewhere..

stoopid brain

as fer fast food, even if mcdeathburger and murder king changed their menus and made almost everything veggie, i couldn't go there...

the whole fast foos culture disgusts me..to me they represent just another facet of wots wrong with the way we eat and exist these days...the *food* is overprocessed crap, that is shipped a gazillion miles, everything has to be exactly the same, no unions in their Mcjobs, its all about bland conformity...

blah

but, everyone feels different and like i said , its how I feel....

cheers

fraggle

my boyfriend (who is vegan as well) and i have had the burger king veggie burger when we were on a road trip.. we did have it microwaved and their bun (as well as the mcdonalds bun) is vegan. yeah it isnt that good (as expected) but when in a bind its an option...

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/22/2004 8:26:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Heartwork writes:

Hi Jen

That's well worth passing on to people, so they know what to expect.

Jo

My boyfriend and I left and went to chilis for some black bean burgers! The french fries were mcdonalds french fries at disneyland. no place were you could get a cheeseless pizza. no place where you could get pasta woith just tomato sauce. it was rather suprising.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/22/04 5:33:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time, xjenisveganx writes:

haven't been to disneyland in almost a decade, no great loss there..but i think they had something vegan in one of the actual restaurants (not one of those crowded fastfood style places)..i seem to recall sittin down and eating....you just have to ask the waitstaff

of course, it was prolly just a salad with oil and balsamic

heh

Guest guest

, xjenisveganx@a... wrote:

>> on a different note- does anyone know how hard it is to eat at

>Disneyland?!? My boyfriend and I had to actually leave the park to

>have lunch! They didnt have anything that was vegan friendly!

I've been worried about that - we are going this summer with our

kids plus two of their friends. All of us vegetarian, one vegan (my

daughter) and her friend who has celiac's. I called Disney and they

said we could bring food into the park and put it in the lockers

when we arrive. I think that's what we'll do. I usually end up

eating fruit when we are there.

nancy

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/22/2004 1:28:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, SamADemers writes:

hey jen

proctor and gamble stopped all of their animal testing? do you have any literature on this? i've never heard that.

-samantha

Thats what i read, i will try to look more into it today if i have time. I vividly remember them having a certian date in which they would stop animal testing. Let me try to find the source and I`ll post about it.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

hey jen

proctor and gamble stopped all of their animal testing? do you have any literature on this? i've never heard that.

-samanthaxjenisveganx wrote:

In a message dated 5/21/2004 3:16:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, SamADemers writes:

hey jen

I know that herbal essence is made by proctor and gamble who apparently stopped animal testing about last year. who knows though. i just thought that (if its true) it is stated that it doesnt contain any animal byproducts. i think i`ll just stick with my toms of maine and my anti mcdonalds-ness (i havent been there in like 10 years, i wont even go pee in one)

heart,jen.To send an email to -

Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70/year