unlikely places, we stopped at a Wendys. I stayed with

the car while my dh went inside to find us something

to eat. He came back very annoyed. He had asked what

they had for vegetarians (didn't try to go with vegan

cuz well we weren't that strict and it seemed unlikely

anyway). Nothing. How about ----- and he named some

things. Nope. They all had meat in em. Nothing for

vegetarians. He tried ordering *without* the meat but

saying he'd pay for the meat in whatever it was. Nope.

Don't do that. We ended up with fries (and I don't

even like to think about what they may have had done

to them).

I don't care for the likes of McD or BK either, but

it's unreasonable of some of the fast food places not

to even *try* for those who for ethical, religious,

health or whatever reasons prefer not to eat animals.

Still grumpy after all this time,

Pat in Montreal ;=)

Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger.

http://messenger./

Guest guest

ah...please don't take this the wrong way..

but

to *them*, no its not....

a fast food establishment is just that..a place that tries to shell at a product as fast as possible...the faster it goes, the more profit...

they exist to provide a commodified standard product..thats it...

while it sux that its difficult to find anything remotely edible in such places, ya have to expect it...

its the way they are set up....

if they can make $$$ off of veggie food they will, but, it will still be seen thru their eyes..fastfood colored glasses...and to *them*, its always gonna be "well, its just a little whey, what's the big deal?", unless you can totally change their perspective....

I don't care for the likes of McD or BK either, but

it's unreasonable of some of the fast food places not

to even *try* for those who for ethical, religious,

health or whatever reasons prefer not to eat animals.

Guest guest

Pat;

If totally desperate, Wendy's does (or did, I haven't been in many

years) have a baked potato, which can be ordered plain. Don't eat the

skin, though, as it is always dirty in my experience.

Sara

, psyber mus <psybermus> wrote:

> The one and only time I tried to have anything to eat

> from a Wendy's was when we were on a day-long road

> trip and our driver (neither my dh or I drive) stopped

> for the usual reasons *and* for us all to pick up

> something quick to eat. After by-passing severl

> unlikely places, we stopped at a Wendys. I stayed with

> the car while my dh went inside to find us something

> to eat. He came back very annoyed. He had asked what

> they had for vegetarians (didn't try to go with vegan

> cuz well we weren't that strict and it seemed unlikely

> anyway). Nothing. How about ----- and he named some

> things. Nope. They all had meat in em. Nothing for

> vegetarians. He tried ordering *without* the meat but

> saying he'd pay for the meat in whatever it was. Nope.

> Don't do that. We ended up with fries (and I don't

> even like to think about what they may have had done

> to them).

>

> I don't care for the likes of McD or BK either, but

> it's unreasonable of some of the fast food places not

> to even *try* for those who for ethical, religious,

> health or whatever reasons prefer not to eat animals.

>

> Still grumpy after all this time,

>

> Pat in Montreal ;=)

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/3/2004 4:36:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, psybermus writes:

The one and only time I tried to have anything to eatfrom a Wendy's was when we were on a day-long roadtrip and our driver (neither my dh or I drive) stoppedfor the usual reasons *and* for us all to pick upsomething quick to eat. After by-passing severlunlikely places, we stopped at a Wendys. I stayed withthe car while my dh went inside to find us somethingto eat. He came back very annoyed. He had asked whatthey had for vegetarians (didn't try to go with vegancuz well we weren't that strict and it seemed unlikelyanyway). Nothing. How about ----- and he named somethings. Nope. They all had meat in em. Nothing forvegetarians. He tried ordering *without* the meat butsaying he'd pay for the meat in whatever it was. Nope.Don't do that. We ended up with fries (and I don'teven like to think about what they may have had doneto them).I don't care for the likes of McD or BK either, butit's unreasonable of some of the fast food places notto even *try* for those who for ethical, religious,health or whatever reasons prefer not to eat animals.Still grumpy after all this time,Pat in Montreal ;=)

they have baked potatoes there, i think.

heart,jen.

Guest guest

mmmmm.. KKK burger....

as fer chicken, don't you know, chickens come from eggplants...

:)

that gag just doesn't go over as well tho in england...

"don't you know, chicken comes from the aubergine plant"

just seems to be missing something...

teehee

fraggle

{Not that im getting on a pedastool, I just went to Carls jr. like two weeks ago for the salad bar because it was the only place to eat for like 500 miles.}

Guest guest

Hi im new.

How I see Mcd and BK and all the other grease laded fast food places is that vegetarians/vegans should avoid them at all cost, really. {Not that im getting on a pedastool, I just went to Carls jr. like two weeks ago for the salad bar because it was the only place to eat for like 500 miles.}

#1) because these places are compleatly dependant on factory farms. We all know what those are. Do we really wanna support a corporation that slaughters billions of animals?

#2) Mcd is the second largest land holder on the planet, second only to the vatican city. Land used for growing food thats later processed into non food devoid of all nutrition. Grown, raised, grazed in third world countries. Depleating the rainforest 7 football fields a second for beef cows.

There are litterally THOUSANDS of reasons not to eat at these places. And their veggie patties are weak attempts at trying to prove their food is ligit. As in real food when its not. They cook it on the same grills as the meat anyway.

The lady at BK argued with me that the veggie patties were not cooked with the meat. Only on the same grill, so it wasent cross contamination. So I asked her to cook it on the broiler which she said no meat was cooked on at that time of the day, that day. 20 minuits later I finally walked away from her. {What she said quote: " oh hun we dont cook it with the meat. Only with the chicken."}

So, even if you ask them to cook it seperatly from the meat, they cook it with the chicken instead because there too slow to know that chicken is actually meat.

I know this will most likely be seen as a rant and for that I am sorry. Im not attacking anyone here. But I am attacking corporate globalization, factory farms, and planet death thats supported by, yes, money.

-xjenisveganx wrote:

In a message dated 6/3/2004 4:36:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, psybermus writes:

The one and only time I tried to have anything to eatfrom a Wendy's was when we were on a day-long roadtrip and our driver (neither my dh or I drive) stoppedfor the usual reasons *and* for us all to pick upsomething quick to eat. After by-passing severlunlikely places, we stopped at a Wendys. I stayed withthe car while my dh went inside to find us somethingto eat. He came back very annoyed. He had asked whatthey had for vegetarians (didn't try to go with vegancuz well we weren't that strict and it seemed unlikelyanyway). Nothing. How about ----- and he named somethings. Nope. They all had meat in em. Nothing forvegetarians. He tried ordering *without* the meat butsaying he'd pay for the meat in whatever it was. Nope.Don't do that. We ended up with fries (and I

don'teven like to think about what they may have had doneto them).I don't care for the likes of McD or BK either, butit's unreasonable of some of the fast food places notto even *try* for those who for ethical, religious,health or whatever reasons prefer not to eat animals.Still grumpy after all this time,Pat in Montreal ;=)

they have baked potatoes there, i think.

heart,jen.To send an email to -

Make Art, Not War

Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Messenger