IndiaDivine.org

another good recipe from Uncheese

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just tried the Classic Quiche recipe from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook. It was FAB. I used the spinach option. It was creamy and flavorful and YUM. Hubby asked for seconds!

On the down side, I made the Cheez-a-Roni yesterday and was disappointed. Maybe it was the kind of beans I used. It said any white bean and I used garbanzos. Maybe next time will try navy beans.

BUT I still have to say that the great success of the nacho cheese dip/sauce and tonight's quiche cancels out any disappointment.

Mail - You care about security. So do we.

tease...

u could have posted the bloody recipes!!

:)

not that i like cheesey things, be thy dairy er otherwise...

but..ya know!!!

ugh..go out tonite..er be a lump on the computer...decisions decisions

cheers

fraggle Susan Spain Sep 4, 2004 5:47 PM another good recipe from Uncheese

I just tried the Classic Quiche recipe from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook. It was FAB. I used the spinach option. It was creamy and flavorful and YUM. Hubby asked for seconds!

On the down side, I made the Cheez-a-Roni yesterday and was disappointed. Maybe it was the kind of beans I used. It said any white bean and I used garbanzos. Maybe next time will try navy beans.

BUT I still have to say that the great success of the nacho cheese dip/sauce and tonight's quiche cancels out any disappointment.

Mail - You care about security. So do we. To send an email to -

Is that okay to do, to post a recipe from a currently-on-the-market cookbook? I posted a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe before, but that was from a recipe site; it had already been posted by its author. The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook is Joanne Stepaniak's latest, I believe. Maybe I could e-mail her and ask her permission...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

tease...

but..ya know!!!

cheers

ummm

if it offfends ya,...then don't do it

otherwise..its no different then you sharing a recipe book with yer neighbor

this isn't a published site..its open to the public...

not like stuff here is copywrited.... Susan Spain Sep 4, 2004 7:35 PM Re: another good recipe from Uncheese

Is that okay to do, to post a recipe from a currently-on-the-market cookbook? I posted a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe before, but that was from a recipe site; it had already been posted by its author. The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook is Joanne Stepaniak's latest, I believe. Maybe I could e-mail her and ask her permission...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

tease...

but..ya know!!!

cheers

I wouldn't put garbanzos in any recipe that calls for "any white bean" as, in my experience, they take longer to cook than most beans and never get as soft. But they're my faves. Not that I cook any more. Got a bit put off by finding slugs on my work surface & draining board - now surrounded by copper tape. Just wish I could find where they're getting in so I can stop them...

Susan Spain [susanspain2004] [vc] ... On the down side, I made the Cheez-a-Roni yesterday and was disappointed. Maybe it was the kind of beans I used. It said any white bean and I used garbanzos. Maybe next time will try navy beans.

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.745 / Virus Database: 497 - Release 27/08/2004

I had cooked the garbanzos the day before and stored them, but you're right--they don't get as soft and they have a grainier texture than other cooked beans. Well. Live and learn.

Slugs like moisture--maybe you could dry your dishes right after washing and wipe down the drainboard with a towel. Ick. I can see how that might turn you off.Viv Carbines <vc27 wrote:

I wouldn't put garbanzos in any recipe that calls for "any white bean" as, in my experience, they take longer to cook than most beans and never get as soft. But they're my faves. Not that I cook any more. Got a bit put off by finding slugs on my work surface & draining board - now surrounded by copper tape. Just wish I could find where they're getting in so I can stop them...

Susan Spain [susanspain2004] [vc] ... On the down side, I made the Cheez-a-Roni yesterday and was disappointed. Maybe it was the kind of beans I used. It said any white bean and I used garbanzos. Maybe next time will try navy beans.

To send an email to -

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.745 / Virus Database: 497 - Release 27/08/2004