IndiaDivine.org

Sorry but I need to vent.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok being that is was Labor Day weekend, I went away to my friend's house. I have known her practically all my life as well as her family. Well, this is the first visit I'm made to her house since becoming Vegetarian. (We usually just chill in the city or she comes to my house) So when it was late, and the topic came up, I defended my view on Vegetarianism to her brother and cousin that was also over.

All of a sudden I became the bad guy because I'm passionate about what am doing and expressing my feelings.

I don't like to argue, but I do defend myself well. But after the whole "debate" I felt like it wasn't even worth it because they didn't change thier view, and the whole thing made me feel like shit!! (pardon my french)

From now on, I will state I'm Vegetarian, and that's it....let those meat eaters think what they want to think!!!

"Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile."

Lots of love,

**PJ**

so..wot did they say?

sux when you are made to feel wrong when you are doing something you are passionate about...and its fer a good cause

most folks don't like to have their "faults" brought up, so they get defensive..by going on the offensive.. PJ Sep 7, 2004 5:36 AM Vegan-friends , Vegan_Chat Sorry but I need to vent.

Ok being that is was Labor Day weekend, I went away to my friend's house. I have known her practically all my life as well as her family. Well, this is the first visit I'm made to her house since becoming Vegetarian. (We usually just chill in the city or she comes to my house) So when it was late, and the topic came up, I defended my view on Vegetarianism to her brother and cousin that was also over.

All of a sudden I became the bad guy because I'm passionate about what am doing and expressing my feelings.

I don't like to argue, but I do defend myself well. But after the whole "debate" I felt like it wasn't even worth it because they didn't change thier view, and the whole thing made me feel like shit!! (pardon my french)

From now on, I will state I'm Vegetarian, and that's it....let those meat eaters think what they want to think!!!

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -

They said that not eating meat is "stupid" because it tastes soooo good....and that you can't get "strong" if you don't eat meat.....that animals are here to feed us, so torturing and killing them is ok.

Humans digest meat just fine, poo poo is SUPPOSED to smell like that!

And the arguement went on and on and on.....

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

so..wot did they say?

sux when you are made to feel wrong when you are doing something you are passionate about...and its fer a good cause

most folks don't like to have their "faults" brought up, so they get defensive..by going on the offensive.. PJ Sep 7, 2004 5:36 AM Vegan-friends , Vegan_Chat Sorry but I need to vent.

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -

Were these inteligent, logical sentient beings that made these comments? Jeez Louise, sounds like the pack of carnivores ganged up on you . I hope you put up a good fight!

It can be hard to counter such nonsense without sounding all "preachey", and also as you start to put the facts forward, it helps to try and inject a little humour. There are none so blind as those who will not see, sometimes you would have more luck talking to the wall, as minds are sometimes closed.

Still on the bright side, I have six chocolate muffins left at home, Who wants one?

The Valley Vegan.......PJ <pjsparkles80 wrote:

They said that not eating meat is "stupid" because it tastes soooo good....and that you can't get "strong" if you don't eat meat.....that animals are here to feed us, so torturing and killing them is ok.

so..wot did they say?

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -

Ah, yes, some people are just like that - closed minds, and stubborn. But if you get the patience sometimes it's good to explain your reasons to people, cos you do get the odd one who will change their mind.

Catherine

PJ [pjsparkles80]07 September 2004 13:36Vegan-friends; Vegan_Chat Sorry but I need to vent.

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -

mmmmm....chocolate.....mmmmmmmm

I did put up a good fight....but at the end I felt bad...because I didn't want to get all rieled up and then still look like I'm wrong because it's easier to make me the person that wrong than it is for them to stop eating meat!!!!peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Were these inteligent, logical sentient beings that made these comments? Jeez Louise, sounds like the pack of carnivores ganged up on you . I hope you put up a good fight!

It can be hard to counter such nonsense without sounding all "preachey", and also as you start to put the facts forward, it helps to try and inject a little humour. There are none so blind as those who will not see, sometimes you would have more luck talking to the wall, as minds are sometimes closed.

Still on the bright side, I have six chocolate muffins left at home, Who wants one?

The Valley Vegan.......PJ <pjsparkles80 wrote:

so..wot did they say?

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -

i hear anti-freeze tastes good as well..hand em a cupfull next time

i'm sure lil buggers who stomp on the heads of kittens think its a grand ol time...

funny..i always thought elephants and gorillas where strong..i must be mistaken PJ Sep 7, 2004 9:00 AM Re: Sorry but I need to vent.

so..wot did they say?

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -

Next time when they ask me why I dont' have an of that "delicious" meat on my plate...I will say NO COMMENT!!!!

And if they as much as anything to offend me or vegetarians or vegans, I will have to drop kick them just to make them shut the heck up!!!

NO NO...that's not what I've learned!!!! Yoga is teaching me to be a good person....I will ask them to respect my desicion about my diet as I respect thiers......yes...that's what I will do...

PJ

i'm sure lil buggers who stomp on the heads of kittens think its a grand ol time...

funny..i always thought elephants and gorillas where strong..i must be mistaken PJ Sep 7, 2004 9:00 AM Re: Sorry but I need to vent.

so..wot did they say?

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -

and ya'll thought i had issues...

:)

you'll do fine....we all have to deal with it at one time er another....

so..the other roomie gave me a book on feng shui last nite..think he is trying to tell me something??

hahahahhaahahaha

fraggle PJ Sep 8, 2004 5:32 AM Re: Sorry but I need to vent.

Next time when they ask me why I dont' have an of that "delicious" meat on my plate...I will say NO COMMENT!!!!

And if they as much as anything to offend me or vegetarians or vegans, I will have to drop kick them just to make them shut the heck up!!!

NO NO...that's not what I've learned!!!! Yoga is teaching me to be a good person....I will ask them to respect my desicion about my diet as I respect thiers......yes...that's what I will do...

PJ

so..wot did they say?

Lots of love,

**PJ**

To send an email to -