not kidding and I know it sounds awful. I have it and I control it

with medication but every so often -like today- I end up in alot of

pain and hunched over holding my stomach. Dairy used to aggravate it

really bad until I stopped eating it and today I can't figure out if

it's stress or the onions that were in my veggie wrap yesterday, but

all day long I felt like dying. I'm thinking maybe certain food are

harder to digest than others and maybe that's why (the raw carrots I

ate didn't seem to help). Anyone know of anything else? Sorry if I

grossed anyone out talking about my crampy, bloated stomach.

~Chrissie~

certain foods are definately harder to digest then others, and it varies from individual to individual..

also, you never know if a food item hadn't been cleaned off properly, if the place you got it from was sanitary, etc and so forth..certain individuals are more susceptable to that stuff as well silvertree173 Sep 7, 2004 4:58 PM Gross question but thought I'd ask... Does anyone here suffer from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)? No, I'mnot kidding and I know it sounds awful. I have it and I control itwith medication but every so often -like today- I end up in alot ofpain and hunched over holding my stomach. Dairy used to aggravate itreally bad until I stopped eating it and today I can't figure out ifit's stress or the onions that were in my veggie wrap yesterday, butall day long I felt like dying. I'm thinking maybe certain food areharder to digest than others and maybe that's why (the raw carrots Iate didn't seem to help). Anyone know of anything else? Sorry if Igrossed anyone out talking about my crampy, bloated stomach.~Chrissie~To send an email to -

Crissie, my husband used to have this problem. When we went veggie, it helped a lot. After that when it happened, we figured it was stress. He quit his high-stress job. Apparently stress has a lot to do with it. I have read also on Dr. Andrew Weil's website (www.drweil.com) that meditation can relieve this condition significantly. Check it out. Hope you feel better soon.

Susansilvertree173 <stellarlunar77 wrote:

Does anyone here suffer from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)? No, I'mnot kidding and I know it sounds awful. I have it and I control itwith medication but every so often -like today- I end up in alot ofpain and hunched over holding my stomach. Dairy used to aggravate itreally bad until I stopped eating it and today I can't figure out ifit's stress or the onions that were in my veggie wrap yesterday, butall day long I felt like dying. I'm thinking maybe certain food areharder to digest than others and maybe that's why (the raw carrots Iate didn't seem to help). Anyone know of anything else? Sorry if Igrossed anyone out talking about my crampy, bloated stomach.~Chrissie~To send an email to -

Hey Susan: I know this thread is dead, but just wanted to thank you

for your response. And you are right- stress is a huge part of it. I

have a very stressful job which I hate and I am trying like heck to

find another job so I can get out of there- and that of course, is

stressful in itself.

~Chrissie~

, Susan Spain <susanspain2004>

wrote:

> Crissie, my husband used to have this problem. When we went veggie,

it helped a lot. After that when it happened, we figured it was

stress. He quit his high-stress job. Apparently stress has a lot to do

with it. I have read also on Dr. Andrew Weil's website

(www.drweil.com) that meditation can relieve this condition

significantly. Check it out. Hope you feel better soon.

> Susan

>

> silvertree173 <stellarlunar77> wrote:

> Does anyone here suffer from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)? No, I'm

> not kidding and I know it sounds awful. I have it and I control it

> with medication but every so often -like today- I end up in alot of

> pain and hunched over holding my stomach. Dairy used to aggravate it

> really bad until I stopped eating it and today I can't figure out if

> it's stress or the onions that were in my veggie wrap yesterday, but

> all day long I felt like dying. I'm thinking maybe certain food are

> harder to digest than others and maybe that's why (the raw carrots I

> ate didn't seem to help). Anyone know of anything else? Sorry if I

> grossed anyone out talking about my crampy, bloated stomach.

> ~Chrissie~

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

Hi again, Chrissie. I'm glad you've sort of pinpointed the problem. Try to take care of yourself. (I know that's a problem for a lot of women in particular because we tend to think we're selfish when we do so.) Try to do some deep, conscious breathing a few times a day, and get enough sleep. And do change jobs whenever you can manage it. Life's too short to live like that. I'll bet your IBS goes away after you're happily relocated somewhere else.

Feel better,

Susan

silvertree173 <stellarlunar77 wrote:

Hey Susan: I know this thread is dead, but just wanted to thank youfor your response. And you are right- stress is a huge part of it. Ihave a very stressful job which I hate and I am trying like heck tofind another job so I can get out of there- and that of course, isstressful in itself.~Chrissie~ , Susan Spain <susanspain2004>wrote:> Crissie, my husband used to have this problem. When we went veggie,it helped a lot. After that when it happened, we figured it wasstress. He quit his high-stress job. Apparently stress has a lot to dowith it. I have read also on Dr. Andrew Weil's website(www.drweil.com) that meditation can relieve this conditionsignificantly. Check it out. Hope you feel better soon.> Susan> > silvertree173

<stellarlunar77> wrote:> Does anyone here suffer from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)? No, I'm> not kidding and I know it sounds awful. I have it and I control it> with medication but every so often -like today- I end up in alot of> pain and hunched over holding my stomach. Dairy used to aggravate it> really bad until I stopped eating it and today I can't figure out if> it's stress or the onions that were in my veggie wrap yesterday, but> all day long I felt like dying. I'm thinking maybe certain food are> harder to digest than others and maybe that's why (the raw carrots I> ate didn't seem to help). Anyone know of anything else? Sorry if I> grossed anyone out talking about my crampy, bloated stomach.> ~Chrissie~> > > > To send an email to - > > >

Sponsor> > > >