vegetarian/vegan mainly because of my love of animals--I can't take

the guilt anymore of eating meat. I do like the taste and all but my

love of animals is more important. I am also overweight and tried so

many diets including Atkins--I have fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, high

blood pressure, slight incontinence, and I feel so lousy all the

time, I do feel this change in diet and supplements will help all

these problems. When I go to the grocery store I also plan to pick

up some more vegetarian foods. Anyways, that is just an intro--I

hope to participate more in chats when I can. Thanks, Barbara.

HI Barbara

Welcome to the list. It seems very difficult to change your way of eating

to start with, but it gets easier and both you and the animals (and the

environment) will benefit.

JO

I " m Barbara from Milwaukee

hi Barbara,

i am up in sheboygan.

do you know the Outpost stores? they are great natural

food 'supermarkets' which are also cooperatives.

is your son ok with a veggie diet?

i've got 5 kids, and it can sometimes be a struggle.

-shahara

www.terrasoluna.org

Hi there---I never heard of that store--might not be in this area--my son is not following this diet and I won't force him to, it's something he would have to decide to do. So I still have to buy what he likes and cook it--I just make my own veggie meal too.shahara97 wrote:

hi Barbara,i am up in sheboygan.do you know the Outpost stores? they are great naturalfood 'supermarkets' which are also cooperatives.is your son ok with a veggie diet?i've got 5 kids, and it can sometimes be a struggle.-shaharawww.terrasoluna.orgTo send an email to -

the Outpost stores are only two, both in MKE, one is on Capitol Drive just east of I 43, not sure where the other one is, i'm sure they are in the phone book...you will love the place!

The rule in my house is you eat what I cook or your make your own damn dinner.

Blessed Be,

Anna

-

BARB EHM

10/10/2004 11:43:25 AM

Re: I"m Barbara from Milwaukee

Hi there---I never heard of that store--might not be in this area--my son is not following this diet and I won't force him to, it's something he would have to decide to do. So I still have to buy what he likes and cook it--I just make my own veggie meal too.shahara97 wrote: hi Barbara,i am up in sheboygan.do you know the Outpost stores? they are great naturalfood 'supermarkets' which are also cooperatives.is your son ok with a veggie diet?i've got 5 kids, and it can sometimes be a struggle.-shaharawww.terrasoluna.orgTo send an email to -

To send an email to -

Welcome Barbara,

Hope you enjoy the group,we get allsorts in here, from the sublime to the rediculous. Hope you find something of use.

What was it that made Milwaukee famous anyhoo?

The Valley Vegan....BARBARA <burbarooni wrote:

Hi--I'm new to the group and I'm still in the process of becoming a vegetarian or vegan. Not sure which I will be yet. I am 41, have a 14 year old son, and a cat Mr. Myles. I did have 2 cats buts my sweetheart Wendy died in March-she was one month short of 20 years old. I am originally from Philadelphia and miss it very much. I do plan to move from Milwaukee when my son graduates from high school in 3 1/2 years. Last week I went to a health food store for the 1st time here called "Health Hut"--it was a little expensive but I got some supplements and a soy based salad dressing. I plan to go there again this upcoming week and get some more things. I am becoming a vegetarian/vegan mainly because of my love of animals--I can't take the guilt anymore of eating meat. I do like the taste and all but my love of animals is more

important. I am also overweight and tried so many diets including Atkins--I have fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, slight incontinence, and I feel so lousy all the time, I do feel this change in diet and supplements will help all these problems. When I go to the grocery store I also plan to pick up some more vegetarian foods. Anyways, that is just an intro--I hope to participate more in chats when I can. Thanks, Barbara.

Hi Peter

> Hope you enjoy the group,we get allsorts in here, from the sublime to the rediculous

Hey - when did we have anything sublime? I must've missed it :-)

BB

Peter

Hi Barbara,

A low-fat vegan diet is best for health and weight-loss, do you know : www.drmcdougall.com,

Welcome to the group,

Joanne B

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 5:08 PM

Re: I"m Barbara from Milwaukee

Welcome Barbara,

Hope you enjoy the group,we get allsorts in here, from the sublime to the rediculous. Hope you find something of use.

What was it that made Milwaukee famous anyhoo?

The Valley Vegan....BARBARA <burbarooni wrote:

Hi--I'm new to the group and I'm still in the process of becoming a vegetarian or vegan. Not sure which I will be yet. I am 41, have a 14 year old son, and a cat Mr. Myles. I did have 2 cats buts my sweetheart Wendy died in March-she was one month short of 20 years old. I am originally from Philadelphia and miss it very much. I do plan to move from Milwaukee when my son graduates from high school in 3 1/2 years. Last week I went to a health food store for the 1st time here called "Health Hut"--it was a little expensive but I got some supplements and a soy based salad dressing. I plan to go there again this upcoming week and get some more things. I am becoming a vegetarian/vegan mainly because of my love of animals--I can't take the guilt anymore of eating meat. I do like the taste and all but my love of animals is more important. I am also overweight and tried so many diets including Atkins--I have fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, slight incontinence, and I feel so lousy all the time, I do feel this change in diet and supplements will help all these problems. When I go to the grocery store I also plan to pick up some more vegetarian foods. Anyways, that is just an intro--I hope to participate more in chats when I can. Thanks, Barbara.

Hi Peter, I always consider chocolate to be sublime, but most research to do with mamoths to be rediculous?

P.S. We have a kangaroo on the loose in Cardiff this week, no one seems to know where it came from!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/3748344.stm

Craig , I`m looking at you!

The Valley Vegan.....Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> Hope you enjoy the group,we get allsorts in here, from the sublime to the rediculous

Hey - when did we have anything sublime? I must've missed it :-)

BB

PeterTo send an email to - Peter H

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

Hi Peter

I heard about the kangaroo! You never know what you are going to come across in Wales :-)

Jo

P.S. We have a kangaroo on the loose in Cardiff this week, no one seems to know where it came from!

Hi Peter

> I always consider chocolate to be sublime, but most research to do with mamoths to be rediculous?

Hmmm... OK.. I think I can probably accept that classification :-)

> P.S. We have a kangaroo on the loose in Cardiff this week, no one seems to know where it came from!

I always understood that they originated from Australia :-)

BB

Peter