IndiaDivine.org

ASPCA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Does anybody here know anything about the ASPCA? I got a letter today asking for money and I'm not sure whether or not I want to send anything. I don't really know anything about the organization other than what they told me in their letter. For all I know they put down hundreds of animals a year like the Humane Society I worked for did. I think part of the reason I got fired was because I refused to put animals down.

Would appreciate any input!

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

yes, they are like the humane society which is what we have here in wisconsin. When I lived in PA I got my cat from the SPCA which is what they are called there. Depends on what state you live what the name is. I agree with you--I could never do that to an animal--that is why this year at the giving campaign at work I would not give to Humane society or SPCA> I gave to a PA charity to help prevent abuse of animals. I couldn't even discect a frog in high school--took that day off so I wouldn't have to.

Hi,

Does anybody here know anything about the ASPCA? I got a letter today asking for money and I'm not sure whether or not I want to send anything. I don't really know anything about the organization other than what they told me in their letter. For all I know they put down hundreds of animals a year like the Humane Society I worked for did. I think part of the reason I got fired was because I refused to put animals down.

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to -

We had to dissect fetal pigs instead of frogs when I was in school. I was interested in being a surgeon at the time, so I did it. My Buddhist stepmother was kind of mad at me for it. I wouldn't do it now.

Love,

Anna

P.S. Thanks for the info on the SPCA. I'll just make another contribution to PETA, I guess.

-

BARB EHM

10/23/2004 1:29:59 PM

Re: ASPCA

yes, they are like the humane society which is what we have here in wisconsin. When I lived in PA I got my cat from the SPCA which is what they are called there. Depends on what state you live what the name is. I agree with you--I could never do that to an animal--that is why this year at the giving campaign at work I would not give to Humane society or SPCA> I gave to a PA charity to help prevent abuse of animals. I couldn't even discect a frog in high school--took that day off so I wouldn't have to.

Hi,

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to -

To send an email to -

• 3 weeks later...

The policies of the ASPCA vary at differant shelters. They are NOT a no kill shelter. Underatandably animals that are too old or too injured to be helped are killed. However, at peak times, whole litters of kittens and puppies are killed. A friend worked at the shelter in Dallas, Texas and she said, some days, puppies and kittens were'nt even evaluated. She had instructions to take them directly to the "kill" area. She did'nt work there long.

And yes, it takes me a while to get to my mail sometimes. Anna Blaine <anna333 wrote:

We had to dissect fetal pigs instead of frogs when I was in school. I was interested in being a surgeon at the time, so I did it. My Buddhist stepmother was kind of mad at me for it. I wouldn't do it now.

Love,

Anna

P.S. Thanks for the info on the SPCA. I'll just make another contribution to PETA, I guess.

-

BARB EHM

10/23/2004 1:29:59 PM

Re: ASPCA

Hi,

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to -

To send an email to - To send an email to -

Check out the new Front Page. www.