Just popping in to say hi to you all and since it's this time of year,

I was wondering: for all the vegans out there, do you give out candy

on halloween and if so is it vegan candy or just regular candy? I'm

vegetarian, so candy bars are OK with me- I'll eat them and I'll pass

them out, but if you're vegan are you against passing them out or just

against eating them? I would guess since you'd have to spend money to

buy them you wouldn't pass them out, but I don't know... I have all

these random questions that pop into my head and I just like to know

and to stay in touch with the group when I can.

Thanks and have a spooky Halloween ;o)

~Chrissie~

I am not much of a candy guy, nor do I live in a building where many, if any, children come to trick or treat. Plus, I'm going to be in Chicago on Halloween anyway... Anyhow, there are some candy choices that are vegan, to be sure. I usually buy mike and ikes when I'm in a candy mood, but twizzlers are also vegan... Those are the only two I really eat ever, and sparingly at that. There are probably others, and definitely there are some made by natural foods vendors that would be too expensive for most people to hand out to droves of children.

So, what kind of vegan candy do you all enjoy?

Happy Halloween/Samhain (for my fellow Pagans)

~z

-

silvertree173

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 7:48 PM

Happy Vegan Halloween

Just popping in to say hi to you all and since it's this time of year,I was wondering: for all the vegans out there, do you give out candyon halloween and if so is it vegan candy or just regular candy? I'mvegetarian, so candy bars are OK with me- I'll eat them and I'll passthem out, but if you're vegan are you against passing them out or justagainst eating them? I would guess since you'd have to spend money tobuy them you wouldn't pass them out, but I don't know... I have allthese random questions that pop into my head and I just like to knowand to stay in touch with the group when I can.Thanks and have a spooky Halloween ;o)~Chrissie~To send an email to -

never around to hand out anything

but if i was..hades no would i hand out anything that wasn't vegan

:)

cheers

fraggle silvertree173 Oct 26, 2004 5:48 PM Happy Vegan Halloween Just popping in to say hi to you all and since it's this time of year,I was wondering: for all the vegans out there, do you give out candyon halloween and if so is it vegan candy or just regular candy? I'mvegetarian, so candy bars are OK with me- I'll eat them and I'll passthem out, but if you're vegan are you against passing them out or justagainst eating them? I would guess since you'd have to spend money tobuy them you wouldn't pass them out, but I don't know... I have allthese random questions that pop into my head and I just like to knowand to stay in touch with the group when I can.Thanks and have a spooky Halloween ;o)~Chrissie~To send an email to -

We live in the middle of nowhere so don't have any trick or treaters. If we

did I would give out vegan treats I guess - but as it is Samhain I may not

be at home anyway.

Jo

-

" silvertree173 " <stellarlunar77

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 1:48 AM

Happy Vegan Halloween

>

>

> Just popping in to say hi to you all and since it's this time of year,

> I was wondering: for all the vegans out there, do you give out candy

> on halloween and if so is it vegan candy or just regular candy? I'm

> vegetarian, so candy bars are OK with me- I'll eat them and I'll pass

> them out, but if you're vegan are you against passing them out or just

> against eating them? I would guess since you'd have to spend money to

> buy them you wouldn't pass them out, but I don't know... I have all

> these random questions that pop into my head and I just like to know

> and to stay in touch with the group when I can.

> Thanks and have a spooky Halloween ;o)

> ~Chrissie~

To send an email to -

>

we don't get em either..as far as i know...

i'm usually out the door by then

but..wot i do see is a few groups of teens demanding candy..not in costume...

more of a suburban thing nowadays i guess.. Jo bb Oct 27, 2004 12:12 PM Re: Happy Vegan Halloween We live in the middle of nowhere so don't have any trick or treaters. If wedid I would give out vegan treats I guess - but as it is Samhain I may notbe at home anyway.Jo-"silvertree173" <stellarlunar77Wednesday, October 27, 2004 1:48 AM Happy Vegan Halloween>>> Just popping in to say hi to you all and since it's this time of year,> I was wondering: for all the vegans out there, do you give out candy> on halloween and if so is it vegan candy or just regular candy? I'm> vegetarian, so candy bars are OK with me- I'll eat them and I'll pass> them out, but if you're vegan are you against passing them out or just> against eating them? I would guess since you'd have to spend money to> buy them you wouldn't pass them out, but I don't know... I have all> these random questions that pop into my head and I just like to know> and to stay in touch with the group when I can.> Thanks and have a spooky Halloween ;o)> ~Chrissie~>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Hi Chrissie

> Just popping in to say hi to you all and since it's this time of year,

> I was wondering: for all the vegans out there, do you give out candy

> on halloween and if so is it vegan candy or just regular candy? I'm

> vegetarian, so candy bars are OK with me- I'll eat them and I'll pass

> them out, but if you're vegan are you against passing them out or just

> against eating them? I would guess since you'd have to spend money to

> buy them you wouldn't pass them out, but I don't know... I have all

> these random questions that pop into my head and I just like to know

> and to stay in touch with the group when I can.

I wouldn't give out anything that wasn't vegan... not that I tend to give

sweets out anyway :-)

BB

Peter

Another Americanism weve inherited, gee thanks folks..............when I were a lad we had none of this nonsense, nowadays a lot of people end up pelted with eggs/flour/any old crap by some little bar stewerds. A lot of old people are now terrified this time of year.

Luckily, the police are getting their act together ( wonders never cease?)

I hope we can give you Bonfire night as a fair trade?

Second thoughts, not a good idea passing explosives around over there is it?

The Valley Vegan....

Jo bb <Heartwork wrote:

We live in the middle of nowhere so don't have any trick or treaters. If wedid I would give out vegan treats I guess - but as it is Samhain I may notbe at home anyway.Jo-"silvertree173" Wednesday, October 27, 2004 1:48 AM Happy Vegan Halloween>>> Just popping in to say hi to you all and since it's this time of year,> I was wondering: for all the vegans out there, do you give out candy> on halloween and if so is it vegan candy or just regular candy? I'm> vegetarian, so candy bars are OK with me- I'll eat them and I'll pass> them out, but if you're vegan are you against passing them out or just> against eating them? I would guess since you'd have to spend money

to> buy them you wouldn't pass them out, but I don't know... I have all> these random questions that pop into my head and I just like to know> and to stay in touch with the group when I can.> Thanks and have a spooky Halloween ;o)> ~Chrissie~>>>>>>> To send an email to - >