IndiaDivine.org

Luvnlight

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This was posted on another site today. Makes my luvnlight make sense. Unfortunately I'm not a real witch.

Lesley

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishingevil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder a liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. Infact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violencefor violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a nightalready devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out hate: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: Only LOVE can do that."Martin Luther King.

I love that quote. btw, can't anyone be a witch, if they take the proper witch courses, xcuse my ignorance, but what's the modern definition of one ? have you been to Salem, Massachusettes?

I have a friend there, she send me pictures. witchood is celebrated.

-anouk

-

andrew mcgregor

11/1/2004 7:58:21 PM

Luvnlight

This was posted on another site today. Makes my luvnlight make sense. Unfortunately I'm not a real witch.

Lesley

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishingevil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder a liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. Infact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violencefor violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a nightalready devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out hate: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: Only LOVE can do that."Martin Luther King.

To send an email to -

Another pure light extinguished way too soon......

The Valley Vegan....andrew mcgregor <andrew.mcgregor6 wrote:

Lesley

To send an email to - Peter H

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

Anyone can be a witch and you most certainly don't need courses. It is best to read up on witchcraft, and in my case Paganism to find out all you need to know. There is a lot of snobbery' in the witchworld, particularly in America, but you don't have to believe that you need courses, diplomas or anything else. It is best to form your own beliefs and practices, and not take on those of other people, who may not be as knowledgeable as they think they are.

BB

Jo

-

Taga Sickler

Tuesday, November 02, 2004 6:38 AM

RE: Luvnlight

I love that quote. btw, can't anyone be a witch, if they take the proper witch courses, xcuse my ignorance, but what's the modern definition of one ? have you been to Salem, Massachusettes?

-anouk

-

andrew mcgregor

Luvnlight

Lesley

To send an email to - To send an email to -

I went to Salem a few years ago. It was pretty cool. I visited all the witchcraft haunts (Salem Witch Museum, the Witch Trials memorial, etc) and bought a bunch of cool stuff, including a little altar-top cauldron.

Love and Blessed Be,

Anna

-

Taga Sickler

11/2/2004 10:42:38 AM

-anouk

-

andrew mcgregor

Luvnlight

Lesley

depends on wot you mean by witch...

wiccan er not, etc Taga Sickler Nov 1, 2004 10:38 PM RE: Luvnlight

-anouk

-

andrew mcgregor

Luvnlight

Lesley

To send an email to -

To send an email to -

i almsot find it sorta odd in the commercialization of witchcraft in salem...

i mean, good fer them and all

but its almost akin to turnin buchanwald into some sort of hebrew sanctuary... Anna Blaine Nov 2, 2004 11:00 AM RE: Luvnlight

I went to Salem a few years ago. It was pretty cool. I visited all the witchcraft haunts (Salem Witch Museum, the Witch Trials memorial, etc) and bought a bunch of cool stuff, including a little altar-top cauldron.

Love and Blessed Be,

Anna

-

Taga Sickler

11/2/2004 10:42:38 AM

-anouk

-

andrew mcgregor

Luvnlight

Lesley

To send an email to -

Hi Anouk

> I love that quote. btw, can't anyone be a witch, if they take the proper witch courses, xcuse my

> ignorance, but what's the modern definition of one ? have you been to Salem, Massachusettes?

No courses required. A witch is anyone who practices any form of witchcraft. That can either be in a setting of an initiatory tradition such as Wicca or Feri, a non-initiatory tradition, or in a tradition of ones own making (i.e. eclectic witchcraft / hedg-witches). As to the definition of witchcraft... ask 5 witches and you'll get 10 different answers, but to me it is to do with using various natural energies to bring about change... so, that can range from more "earthly" stuff like herbalism to more "esoteric" stuff such as ritual magick, or any form of "energy work".

BB

Peter

Just like there are differant christians and lots of differant churches, there are differant witches and differant origins and beliefs.Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Anouk

> I love that quote. btw, can't anyone be a witch, if they take the proper witch courses, xcuse my

> ignorance, but what's the modern definition of one ? have you been to Salem, Massachusettes?

No courses required. A witch is anyone who practices any form of witchcraft. That can either be in a setting of an initiatory tradition such as Wicca or Feri, a non-initiatory tradition, or in a tradition of ones own making (i.e. eclectic witchcraft / hedg-witches). As to the definition of witchcraft... ask 5 witches and you'll get 10 different answers, but to me it is to do with using various natural energies to bring about change... so, that can range from more "earthly" stuff like herbalism to more "esoteric" stuff such as ritual magick, or any form of "energy work".

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Check out the new Front Page. www.

Hi Jessica

> Just like there are differant christians and lots of differant churches, there are differant witches and differant origins and

> beliefs.

I thought that was pretty much what I said :-)

However, as with all words, there is a certain level of "definition" required for us to understand what other people are talking about, hence my giving a fairly loose description (rather than just a... there's lots of different sorts).

Perhaps I can "up the stakes" on this one, and put forward the view that a witch is defined by what they do (i.e. practice witchcraft), not what they believe or what their origins are. Hence, it is perfectly reasonable to be a Christian and a witch, and it is equally possible to follow the religious beliefs inherent in Wicca without being a witch.

BB

Peter

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jessica

> Just like there are differant christians and lots of differant churches, there are differant witches and differant origins and

> beliefs.

I thought that was pretty much what I said :-)

However, as with all words, there is a certain level of "definition" required for us to understand what other people are talking about, hence my giving a fairly loose description (rather than just a... there's lots of different sorts).

Perhaps I can "up the stakes" on this one, and put forward the view that a witch is defined by what they do (i.e. practice witchcraft), not what they believe or what their origins are. Hence, it is perfectly reasonable to be a Christian and a witch, and it is equally possible to follow the religious beliefs inherent in Wicca without being a witch.

BB

Peter

Check out the new Front Page. www.