IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 1476

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Um Craig I actually agree with alot of what you say.

I guess I don't understand the "white man's crap" line.

I feel it's full of hatred...and it's not really true. Many "non-whites" are ardent consumers who care nothing about where their products come from. Many people in retail, who depend upon the industry to eat, are not white. What is this blaming whitey for everything? I think it is sick. I have compassion for everyone who has been effected by globalization in any way shape or form...whatever their color. And I don't assume that just because someone is white that they are part of the problem. As I said before...many non-whites, here and abroad are very into fancy thing, buying things consumerism. I know for a fact...there are many wealthy people in asian countries who just love their jewels and cars.

In my own personal life...I actually live pretty simply. I shop at garage sales for one thing and try to buy only what I need. And if I buy more than what I need...like the silk flowers...I make a point to really enjoy them and appreciate them. I also shope "cruelty free" more than anyone else around me...so I am not the enemy.

If you have the time or inclination...read my prior post. I am totally for unions, I don't like WalMart at all, I voted for the California referendum to force employers with more than 50 employees to pay for health insurance (it didn't win, sadly) and, I am disgusted with the abuse of labor abroad and here...and very empathic towards those Americans whose wages have been lowered due to globalization. I have compassion for everyone effected by globalization no matter who they are.

Kristina

In a message dated 11/29/04 1:55:02 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

well FragI couldn't agree with you more.world climate is changing... this is because of co2 emissions etc etc..co2 is up because the land is being cleared to make more room to grow cropsto feed to animals for us to consumeso that people at mcDonalds can have "buck 395" an hour jobs.. so that majorcorps can sell them drugs so they live longerand consume more after eating the GMO fed beef they bought at mcDeaths..so that we consume more for longer in our life...Kristine, if we all adopted the VEGAN idea the world would consume less....at the current rate in 100 years if everyone consumes the way the Americans(includes Canada) Europeansand Australians do we will need 7.1 planets like earth in order to surviveand that is if the population were to stay the same as it is right now atapprox 6.5 billionbut that probably won't happen we will double in size to 13 billion andenjoy soilent green every night for dinnerUGHHH... wake up....consumerism or should I say ANTIconsumerism is the only way to save theplanet from sure destructionconsume less don't drive anymore than necessary don't buy what you don'tneed and when you do buy onlylocal union made items to make sure the right price was paid to workers theright amount of energy was used etc..I am afraid the reality of things is much worse than everyone believesand that is we are too greedy as a race in order to fix the problems we havecreatedeveryone tries to blame the Americans but still go out to take out food andeat awaythey drive to the store or the shops to buy a single item.Europe enjoys the same style of life as the Americans except they hide a bitof their wanting consumerism in AfricaAustralia is now the most consumer driven country in the world (per capita)we consume more here per person than the Americans do and boy are we proudof that UGHHH... not... the point is Fraggle said it best "don't by the *white man's burden* crap about how this helps ppl by givingthem jobs,.,...."just try to ANTI consume and you will at least be making a contributionall the bestCraig

I am not a historian but I think that you will find that most of the

problems have been caused by the western whites. The black people

working in retail that you mention are possibly in America because of

slavery. If you take a very quick peek at the world today - third

world, second world, first world - which races are where?

Jo

, lv2breathe@a... wrote:

> Um Craig I actually agree with alot of what you say.

>

> I guess I don't understand the " white man's crap " line.

>

> I feel it's full of hatred...and it's not really true. Many " non-

whites " are

> ardent consumers who care nothing about where their products come

from. Many

> people in retail, who depend upon the industry to eat, are not

white. What

> is this blaming whitey for everything? I think it is sick. I have

compassion

> for everyone who has been effected by globalization in any way

shape or

> form...whatever their color. And I don't assume that just because

someone is white

> that they are part of the problem. As I said before...many non-

whites, here

> and abroad are very into fancy thing, buying things consumerism. I

know for a

> fact...there are many wealthy people in asian countries who just

love their

> jewels and cars.

>

> In my own personal life...I actually live pretty simply. I shop at

garage

> sales for one thing and try to buy only what I need. And if I buy

more than what

> I need...like the silk flowers...I make a point to really enjoy

them and

> appreciate them. I also shope " cruelty free " more than anyone else

around me...so

> I am not the enemy.

>

> If you have the time or inclination...read my prior post. I am

totally for

> unions, I don't like WalMart at all, I voted for the California

referendum to

> force employers with more than 50 employees to pay for health

insurance (it

> didn't win, sadly) and, I am disgusted with the abuse of labor

abroad and

> here...and very empathic towards those Americans whose wages have

been lowered due

> to globalization. I have compassion for everyone effected by

globalization no

> matter who they are.

>

> Kristina

>

>

>

> In a message dated 11/29/04 1:55:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,

> writes:

> well Frag

> I couldn't agree with you more.

>

>

> world climate is changing... this is because of co2 emissions etc

etc..

> co2 is up because the land is being cleared to make more room to

grow crops

> to feed to animals for us to consume

> so that people at mcDonalds can have " buck 395 " an hour jobs.. so

that major

> corps can sell them drugs so they live longer

> and consume more after eating the GMO fed beef they bought at

mcDeaths..

> so that we consume more for longer in our life...

>

> Kristine, if we all adopted the VEGAN idea the world would consume

less....

> at the current rate in 100 years if everyone consumes the way the

Americans

> (includes Canada) Europeans

> and Australians do we will need 7.1 planets like earth in order to

survive

> and that is if the population were to stay the same as it is right

now at

> approx 6.5 billion

> but that probably won't happen we will double in size to 13

billion and

> enjoy soilent green every night for dinner

> UGHHH... wake up....

> consumerism or should I say ANTIconsumerism is the only way to save

the

> planet from sure destruction

> consume less don't drive anymore than necessary don't buy what you

don't

> need and when you do buy only

> local union made items to make sure the right price was paid to

workers the

> right amount of energy was used etc..

> I am afraid the reality of things is much worse than everyone

believes

> and that is we are too greedy as a race in order to fix the

problems we have

> created

> everyone tries to blame the Americans but still go out to take out

food and

> eat away

> they drive to the store or the shops to buy a single item.

> Europe enjoys the same style of life as the Americans except they

hide a bit

> of their wanting consumerism in Africa

> Australia is now the most consumer driven country in the world (per

capita)

> we consume more here per person than the Americans do and boy are

we proud

> of that UGHHH... not...

> the point is Fraggle said it best "

> don't by the *white man's burden* crap about how this helps ppl by

giving

> them jobs,.,.... "

>

> just try to ANTI consume and you will at least be making a

contribution

>

> all the best

> Craig

Kristina

do you understand the meaning of "white man's burden" first of all

understand the context?

and..are silk flowers vegan?

heh lv2breathe Dec 2, 2004 9:48 AM Cc: Lv2breathe Re: Digest Number 1476

I feel it's full of hatred...and it's not really true. Many "non-whites" are ardent consumers who care nothing about where their products come from. Many people in retail, who depend upon the industry to eat, are not white. What is this blaming whitey for everything? I think it is sick. I have compassion for everyone who has been effected by globalization in any way shape or form...whatever their color. And I don't assume that just because someone is white that they are part of the problem. As I said before...many non-whites, here and abroad are very into fancy thing, buying things consumerism. I know for a fact...there are many wealthy people in asian countries who just love their jewels and cars.

In my own personal life...I actually live pretty simply. I shop at garage sales for one thing and try to buy only what I need. And if I buy more than what I need...like the silk flowers...I make a point to really enjoy them and appreciate them. I also shope "cruelty free" more than anyone else around me...so I am not the enemy.

If you have the time or inclination...read my prior post. I am totally for unions, I don't like WalMart at all, I voted for the California referendum to force employers with more than 50 employees to pay for health insurance (it didn't win, sadly) and, I am disgusted with the abuse of labor abroad and here...and very empathic towards those Americans whose wages have been lowered due to globalization. I have compassion for everyone effected by globalization no matter who they are.

Kristina

well FragI couldn't agree with you more.world climate is changing... this is because of co2 emissions etc etc..co2 is up because the land is being cleared to make more room to grow cropsto feed to animals for us to consumeso that people at mcDonalds can have "buck 395" an hour jobs.. so that majorcorps can sell them drugs so they live longerand consume more after eating the GMO fed beef they bought at mcDeaths..so that we consume more for longer in our life...Kristine, if we all adopted the VEGAN idea the world would consume less....at the current rate in 100 years if everyone consumes the way the Americans(includes Canada) Europeansand Australians do we will need 7.1 planets like earth in order to surviveand that is if the population were to stay the same as it is right now atapprox 6.5 billionbut that probably won't happen we will double in size to 13 billion andenjoy soilent green every night for dinnerUGHHH... wake up....consumerism or should I say ANTIconsumerism is the only way to save theplanet from sure destructionconsume less don't drive anymore than necessary don't buy what you don'tneed and when you do buy onlylocal union made items to make sure the right price was paid to workers theright amount of energy was used etc..I am afraid the reality of things is much worse than everyone believesand that is we are too greedy as a race in order to fix the problems we havecreatedeveryone tries to blame the Americans but still go out to take out food andeat awaythey drive to the store or the shops to buy a single item.Europe enjoys the same style of life as the Americans except they hide a bitof their wanting consumerism in AfricaAustralia is now the most consumer driven country in the world (per capita)we consume more here per person than the Americans do and boy are we proudof that UGHHH... not... the point is Fraggle said it best "don't by the *white man's burden* crap about how this helps ppl by givingthem jobs,.,...."just try to ANTI consume and you will at least be making a contributionall the bestCraig

To send an email to -

i applaud yer *compassionate* shopping, yer stand fer unions, yer boycott of wal-mart, et al

but..can you see how we take it one step further?

how we are takin a stand against over-consumption? how we are talkin about its wrong to pay someone half a world away(er in downtown LA fer that matter) a pittance fer something that someone else makes a ton of $$$ off of? lv2breathe Dec 2, 2004 9:48 AM Cc: Lv2breathe Re: Digest Number 1476

Kristina

To send an email to -

Kristina

Silk flowers! are not cruelty free.

Jo

, lv2breathe@a... wrote:

> In my own personal life...I actually live pretty simply. I shop at

garage

> sales for one thing and try to buy only what I need. And if I buy

more than what

> I need...like the silk flowers...I make a point to really enjoy

them and

> appreciate them. I also shope " cruelty free " more than anyone else