IndiaDivine.org

taking it from another point of view..oil and all that

Rate this topic

Guest guest

soo..takin this from a new vantage point....

anyone ever given a thought to wot happens when we drill, pump, dig mine all

this stuff from the earth??

i mean..supposin all that oil, coal, etc exists in some sort of balance..i

mean..it didn't appear over night, correct? its been sittin in the ground fer a

few eons...

wot if by all this pumping, digging, drilling, etc we are upsettin some other

balance we never even considered...

i wonder if coal acts as a filter of any sort for containaments in ground

water....

just a random weird thought

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> soo..takin this from a new vantage point....

> anyone ever given a thought to wot happens when we drill, pump, dig mine all

this stuff from the earth??

> i mean..supposin all that oil, coal, etc exists in some sort of balance..i

mean..it didn't appear over night, correct? its been sittin in the ground fer a

few eons...

> wot if by all this pumping, digging, drilling, etc we are upsettin some other

balance we never even considered...

>

> i wonder if coal acts as a filter of any sort for containaments in ground

water....

>

> just a random weird thought

Great thinking. I was thinking along the same lines. Once all the petroleum is

pumped out, this creates empty space. Once a earthquake hits in that area guess

what happens ?!!! There is no more petroleum to absorb the shock.

Vijay

if you go around coalinga california, you can see where the ground is subsiding because of all the oil they pumped out decades ago...that its on the san andreas prolly doesn't help much rvijay07 Dec 2, 2004 4:52 PM Re: taking it from another point of view..oil and all that , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> soo..takin this from a new vantage point....> anyone ever given a thought to wot happens when we drill, pump, dig mine all this stuff from the earth??> i mean..supposin all that oil, coal, etc exists in some sort of balance..i mean..it didn't appear over night, correct? its been sittin in the ground fer a few eons...> wot if by all this pumping, digging, drilling, etc we are upsettin some other balance we never even considered...> > i wonder if coal acts as a filter of any sort for containaments in ground water....> > just a random weird thoughtGreat thinking. I was thinking along the same lines. Once all the petroleum is pumped out, this creates empty space. Once a earthquake hits in that area guess what happens ?!!! There is no more petroleum to absorb the shock.VijayTo send an email to -

You want to come to my neighbourhood if you want to see what mining has done, not only to the enviroment, but to the population.

The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

if you go around coalinga california, you can see where the ground is subsiding because of all the oil they pumped out decades ago...that its on the san andreas prolly doesn't help much rvijay07 Dec 2, 2004 4:52 PM Re: taking it from another point of view..oil and all that , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> soo..takin this from a new vantage point....> anyone ever given a thought to wot happens when we drill, pump, dig mine all this stuff from the earth??> i mean..supposin all that oil, coal, etc exists in some sort of balance..i mean..it didn't appear over night, correct? its been sittin in the ground fer a few eons...> wot if by all this pumping, digging, drilling, etc we are upsettin some other balance we never even considered...> > i

wonder if coal acts as a filter of any sort for containaments in ground water....> > just a random weird thoughtGreat thinking. I was thinking along the same lines. Once all the petroleum is pumped out, this creates empty space. Once a earthquake hits in that area guess what happens ?!!! There is no more petroleum to absorb the shock.VijayTo send an email to -

Very true - I have seen it. It's also impossible to forget Aberfan!

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, December 04, 2004 2:51 PM

Re: Re: taking it from another point of view..oil and all that

You want to come to my neighbourhood if you want to see what mining has done, not only to the enviroment, but to the population.

The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

if you go around coalinga california, you can see where the ground is subsiding because of all the oil they pumped out decades ago...that its on the san andreas prolly doesn't help much rvijay07 Dec 2, 2004 4:52 PM Re: taking it from another point of view..oil and all that , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> soo..takin this from a new vantage point....> anyone ever given a thought to wot happens when we drill, pump, dig mine all this stuff from the earth??> i mean..supposin all that oil, coal, etc exists in some sort of balance..i mean..it didn't appear over night, correct? its been sittin in the ground fer a few eons...> wot if by all this pumping, digging, drilling, etc we are upsettin some other balance we never even considered...> > i wonder if coal acts as a filter of any sort for containaments in ground water....> > just a random weird thoughtGreat thinking. I was thinking along the same lines. Once all the petroleum is pumped out, this creates empty space. Once a earthquake hits in that area guess what happens ?!!! There is no more petroleum to absorb the shock.VijayTo send an email to -