disgraceful behaviour. I don't hink my co-workers were meaning to be

insensitive - they just weren't thinking. I expect people to talk about

food sometimes, but it seems to have been such a lot lately. Luckily my

boss, although a meat eater, doesn't discuss it around me, and tries to hide

his meat sandwiches.

Jo

> I am so SORRY this happened to you. Happens to me all the time. Infact

when I lived in Florida several years ago, on one occassion several

coworkers joined together and forced me to eat meat.

>

> Also, Vegetarians/Veggies still need lots of support/acceptance from the

community in general.

>

> Vijay :((

To send an email to -

>

ouch

how the heck does someone force you to eat meat??? rvijay07 Dec 10, 2004 2:04 PM Re: Work! , "Jo bb" <Heartwork@b...> wrote:> People at work were talking for about half an hour about all the animals> that they were going to eat at Christmas (no mention of vegetables, cake> etc.) - grouse, partridge, larks! I lost it - said why didn't they go theI am so SORRY this happened to you. Happens to me all the time. Infact when I lived in Florida several years ago, on one occassion several coworkers joined together and forced me to eat meat.Also, Vegetarians/Veggies still need lots of support/acceptance from the community in general.Vijay :((To send an email to -

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

This happened 10 years ago approx. I and some of my coworkers went out to eat

Lunch at a local restaurant. Two of them said Vijay is going to try some non-veg

for the first time in his life. Then they ordered Shrimp Fried Rice for me. When

it came they kept urging me to eat it consistently. I was so hungry that I tried

to just eat the rice but it still smelt bad. The dead shrimp looked really bad

on the plate as well. It smelt so bad, that I started having spasms to vomit.

Everyone was there, they thought I was going to vomit and then they stopped. I

had to still pay for it. I was weak and didn't work well that afternoon.

Vijay

well, i certainly hope the next week you took them out to a dog shelter and announced "this week *name co-worker* is going to eat some dog poo" and then happily scoop some into a bowl of rice and present it to them.... rvijay07 Dec 10, 2004 4:33 PM Re: Work! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>This happened 10 years ago approx. I and some of my coworkers went out to eat Lunch at a local restaurant. Two of them said Vijay is going to try some non-veg for the first time in his life. Then they ordered Shrimp Fried Rice for me. When it came they kept urging me to eat it consistently. I was so hungry that I tried to just eat the rice but it still smelt bad. The dead shrimp looked really bad on the plate as well. It smelt so bad, that I started having spasms to vomit. Everyone was there, they thought I was going to vomit and then they stopped. I had to still pay for it. I was weak and didn't work well that afternoon.VijayTo send an email to -

>

They were really ignorant folks. After that I never joined them for Lunch.

Rather than tackling at an individual level, I feel that this must be addressed

in a bigger manner. There is much ignorance out there with respect to

Veganism/Vegetarianism. In my opinion a BIG VEGAN CHAIN of the size of

McDonald's that promotes Vegan Foods wtih information and local Vegan

Clubs/activities will go a LONG WAY in this regard. The sooner this happens the

better.

Vijay

Some people told me that unless physically meat is thrust down my throat, it

can't be called forced eating. What happened was that they made me eat it due to

peer pressure. Eitherways it wasn't a good thing.

Vijay

along the same lines...

the next week ya should have jumped up on a desk at work

and announced

"hey everyone *so and so* has just told me he/she has repudiated jesuschrist/mohammed/buddha/moses wotever"

then take their cross/star of david/broomstick/mistletoe and tossed it in the garbage

while kissin both their cheeks and sayin "welcome brother, welcome to world of atheism and science"

of course..only against the worse of yer tormentors, and to the one who kept religion dear to their heart

mean..well..yeah....

thats the point

rvijay07 Dec 10, 2004 5:09 PM Re: Work! Some people told me that unless physically meat is thrust down my throat, it can't be called forced eating. What happened was that they made me eat it due to peer pressure. Eitherways it wasn't a good thing.VijayTo send an email to -

go gettem' Jo

I do the same at work at every available opportune

lol

all the best

Craig

Jo bb [Heartwork]Saturday, December 11, 2004 5:11 AM Subject: Work!People at work were talking for about half an hour about all the animalsthat they were going to eat at Christmas (no mention of vegetables, cakeetc.) - grouse, partridge, larks! I lost it - said why didn't they go thewhole hog and eat their grandad for Christmas dinner. Deathly silencefollowed. They were pleasant enough when they started chatting again, andnobody mentioned eating animals - so maybe they will give me a break for afew days.JoTo send an email to -

LOL Fraggle - that was my first thought too. When people say how do I feel about meat I ask them how do they feel about eating dog poo.

Jo

-

fraggle

Saturday, December 11, 2004 12:45 AM

Re: Re: Work!

well, i certainly hope the next week you took them out to a dog shelter and announced "this week *name co-worker* is going to eat some dog poo" and then happily scoop some into a bowl of rice and present it to them.... rvijay07 Dec 10, 2004 4:33 PM Re: Work! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>This happened 10 years ago approx. I and some of my coworkers went out to eat Lunch at a local restaurant. Two of them said Vijay is going to try some non-veg for the first time in his life. Then they ordered Shrimp Fried Rice for me. When it came they kept urging me to eat it consistently. I was so hungry that I tried to just eat the rice but it still smelt bad. The dead shrimp looked really bad on the plate as well. It smelt so bad, that I started having spasms to vomit. Everyone was there, they thought I was going to vomit and then they stopped. I had to still pay for it. I was weak and didn't work well that afternoon.VijayTo send an email to -

We are improving here with veggie/vegan fast food places - V1 which is only

in Nottingham but I believe there are a number of RedVeg places around the

country.

Jo

> Rather than tackling at an individual level, I feel that this must be

addressed in a bigger manner. There is much ignorance out there with respect

to Veganism/Vegetarianism. In my opinion a BIG VEGAN CHAIN of the size of

McDonald's that promotes Vegan Foods wtih information and local Vegan

Clubs/activities will go a LONG WAY in this regard. The sooner this happens

the better.

, " Jo bb " <Heartwork@b...> wrote:

> We are improving here with veggie/vegan fast food places - V1 which is only

> in Nottingham but I believe there are a number of RedVeg places around the

> country.

>

> Jo

>

UK is really advanced in this regard. Also, people who approach Food Banks in

the US seem to have a problem with getting Vegan Food.

Vijay

I used to volunteer at a food bank and I always wondered what vegetarians who needed food would do. The packages we put together were just random items, and they always included some sort of canned meat. There wasn't really much at the food bank besides canned vegetables (and all those cans of pie fillings) that a vegan could eat. I thought about that frequently when I worked there, but if people are hungry and don't seem to have another choice, should they be "forced" to eat meat? One can't really be too picky when it comes to hand-outs, I suppose.

~z

-

rvijay07

Saturday, December 11, 2004 3:49 AM

Re: Work!

, "Jo bb" <Heartwork@b...> wrote:> We are improving here with veggie/vegan fast food places - V1 which is only> in Nottingham but I believe there are a number of RedVeg places around the> country.> > Jo> UK is really advanced in this regard. Also, people who approach Food Banks in the US seem to have a problem with getting Vegan Food.VijayTo send an email to -

, " Zachary Johnson " <z.johnson@m...> wrote:

> I used to volunteer at a food bank and I always wondered what vegetarians who

needed food would do. The packages we put together were just random items, and

they always included some sort of canned meat. There wasn't really much at the

food bank besides canned vegetables (and all those cans of pie fillings) that a

vegan could eat. I thought about that frequently when I worked there, but if

people are hungry and don't seem to have another choice, should they be " forced "

to eat meat? One can't really be too picky when it comes to hand-outs, I

suppose.

> ~z

This is true. This is one another reason the Veggie communities must come

together strongly. There is strength in Unity with better chances for support.

More Vegans need to be involved in local food banks like you.

Vijay

>

I felt like vomitting but controlled myself that day. Now I deeply regret it. I

must have vomitted on my plate, rolled a bit and vomitted on all my nearby

plates.

Vijay

Tis the season to be jolly..................apparently?

I am going out for my works meal on Friday to a Thai restaurant, and so will be plying that old entertaining game of explain my diet in a Welsh accent to someone with a strong Thai accent........Anyone know any Thai phrases for I am a vegan, keep that Fish sauce away from my food!?

How are the rest of you guys coping with this seasonal joy?

The Valley Vegan.rvijay07 wrote:

, "Zachary Johnson" wrote:> I used to volunteer at a food bank and I always wondered what vegetarians who needed food would do. The packages we put together were just random items, and they always included some sort of canned meat. There wasn't really much at the food bank besides canned vegetables (and all those cans of pie fillings) that a vegan could eat. I thought about that frequently when I worked there, but if people are hungry and don't seem to have another choice, should they be "forced" to eat meat? One can't really be too picky when it comes to hand-outs, I suppose.> ~zThis is true. This is one another reason the Veggie communities must come together strongly. There is strength in Unity with better chances for support. More Vegans need to be involved in local food banks like

you.Vijay

Can I have that recipe please?

The Valley Vegan.....fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

well, i certainly hope the next week you took them out to a dog shelter and announced "this week *name co-worker* is going to eat some dog poo" and then happily scoop some into a bowl of rice and present it to them.... rvijay07 Dec 10, 2004 4:33 PM Re: Work! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>This happened 10 years ago approx. I and some of my coworkers went out to eat Lunch at a local restaurant. Two of them said Vijay is going to try some non-veg for the first time in his life. Then they ordered Shrimp Fried Rice for me. When it came they kept urging me to eat it consistently. I was so hungry that I tried to just eat the rice but it still smelt bad. The dead shrimp looked really bad on the plate as well. It smelt so bad, that I started having spasms to

vomit. Everyone was there, they thought I was going to vomit and then they stopped. I had to still pay for it. I was weak and didn't work well that afternoon.VijayTo send an email to -

Grandad for dinner? a bit tough I would have thought, maybe you should have suggested a nice tender baby or two? You may have got more of a response?

The Valley Vegan.....Jo bb <Heartwork wrote:

People at work were talking for about half an hour about all the animalsthat they were going to eat at Christmas (no mention of vegetables, cakeetc.) - grouse, partridge, larks! I lost it - said why didn't they go thewhole hog and eat their grandad for Christmas dinner. Deathly silencefollowed. They were pleasant enough when they started chatting again, andnobody mentioned eating animals - so maybe they will give me a break for afew days.Jo

people are so cruel. its ignorance that does it, they dont want to try and understand. would probably feel very guilty if they did!rvijay07 wrote:

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>This happened 10 years ago approx. I and some of my coworkers went out to eat Lunch at a local restaurant. Two of them said Vijay is going to try some non-veg for the first time in his life. Then they ordered Shrimp Fried Rice for me. When it came they kept urging me to eat it consistently. I was so hungry that I tried to just eat the rice but it still smelt bad. The dead shrimp looked really bad on the plate as well. It smelt so bad, that I started having spasms to vomit. Everyone was there, they thought I was going to vomit and then they stopped. I had to still pay for it. I was weak and didn't work well that afternoon.VijayTo send an email to -

, victoria leggett <tipples78> wrote:

> people are so cruel. its ignorance that does it, they dont want to try and

understand. would probably feel very guilty if they did!

>

Agreed it is ignorance. That is why there is the need to get the Vegan message

out in a BIG way.

Vijay

Hi Peter

Good luck. I've phoned ahead to the place my department is going and they will veganise the vegetarian option for me.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, December 11, 2004 3:40 PM

Re: Re: Work!

I am going out for my works meal on Friday to a Thai restaurant, and so will be plying that old entertaining game of explain my diet in a Welsh accent to someone with a strong Thai accent........Anyone know any Thai phrases for I am a vegan, keep that Fish sauce away from my food!?

, "Zachary Johnson" wrote:> I used to volunteer at a food bank and I always wondered what vegetarians who needed food would do. The packages we put together were just random items, and they always included some sort of canned meat. There wasn't really much at the food bank besides canned vegetables (and all those cans of pie fillings) that a vegan could eat. I thought about that frequently when I worked there, but if people are hungry and don't seem to have another choice, should they be "forced" to eat meat? One can't really be too picky when it comes to hand-outs, I suppose.> ~zThis is true. This is one another reason the Veggie communities must come together strongly. There is strength in Unity with better chances for support. More Vegans need to be involved in local food banks like you.Vijay

LOL - probably would have - but you know what it's like - you don't have time to think.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, December 11, 2004 3:47 PM

Re: Work!

Grandad for dinner? a bit tough I would have thought, maybe you should have suggested a nice tender baby or two? You may have got more of a response?

The Valley Vegan.....Jo bb <Heartwork wrote:

People at work were talking for about half an hour about all the animalsthat they were going to eat at Christmas (no mention of vegetables, cakeetc.) - grouse, partridge, larks! I lost it - said why didn't they go thewhole hog and eat their grandad for Christmas dinner. Deathly silencefollowed. They were pleasant enough when they started chatting again, andnobody mentioned eating animals - so maybe they will give me a break for afew days.Jo

wair..wait!!

*runs and puts on some *unity* punk rock song*

teehee

sorry...felt we needed it

This is true. This is one another reason the Veggie communities must come together strongly. There is strength in Unity with better chances for support. More Vegans need to be involved in local food banks like you.VijayTo send an email to -

get Speaking Vegetarian by Brain Geon....

:)

the fish sauce is called nam plaask for no nam pla?

sh*t

havin problems with copying and pasting..earthlink gets like that...

www.ivu.org/phrases/easia.html-----Original Message----- peter hurd Dec 11, 2004 7:40 AM Re: Re: Work!

, "Zachary Johnson" wrote:> I used to volunteer at a food bank and I always wondered what vegetarians who needed food would do. The packages we put together were just random items, and they always included some sort of canned meat. There wasn't really much at the food bank besides canned vegetables (and all those cans of pie fillings) that a vegan could eat. I thought about that frequently when I worked there, but if people are hungry and don't seem to have another choice, should they be "forced" to eat meat? One can't really be too picky when it comes to hand-outs, I suppose.> ~zThis is true. This is one another reason the Veggie communities must come together strongly. There is strength in Unity with better chances for support. More Vegans need to be involved in local food banks like you.Vijay