IndiaDivine.org

Why not many seem to care

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's interesting that many do not care about the huge benefits of clean, wholesome plant based diet. I've noticed too...that the more one eats refined foods, meats, fast food, sugar, alcohol, friend foods, snack foods, chips, pizza, dairy and other unwholesome foods...the quicker one gets ugly as they get older. It doesn't have to be this way...but it's like the collective belief system is that when you get older you get a) unattractive and b) you feel bad all the time and there is nothing you can do about it. I mean, even just for vanity...you would think people would check out different diets if anything...just to age well!

But they don't and I have an inkling why. I think the reason why is that people feel they will feel less happy without the cakes, pastries, industrial strength coffee, alcohol, meat, dairy, junk food and fast food. They think that the bulk of their happiness comes from these pleasures...and that is why it is so hard to give up...it's like giving up on the "good life" to them.

Kristina

In a message dated 12/12/04 10:35:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, writes:

Message: 7 Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:47:09 -0600 "Zachary Johnson" <z.johnsonRe: Re: Your Opinion: China Vegetarianism.Meat-eating isn't natural. It is something that has been pushed upon us over many hundreds of years and now it is commonplace. The benefits of a plant-based diet are incredible but nobody seems to care. If we all ate plants instead of feeding so much of our grain to animals we will soon be killing we could help many people, but as the world becomes more "Americanized" there is bound to be more flesh consumption. It is something that must be resisted aggressively. ~z

Huh... Personally, I feel so much better since I adopted a vegan diet. I am usually ultra-happy and brimming with energy. Plus, I have a clean(er) moral conscience because I am reducing suffering and living more simply. This alone outweighs any "benefit" one might get from consuming animal products, in my opinion.

~z

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Monday, December 13, 2004 2:39 PM

Why not many seem to care

It's interesting that many do not care about the huge benefits of clean, wholesome plant based diet. I've noticed too...that the more one eats refined foods, meats, fast food, sugar, alcohol, friend foods, snack foods, chips, pizza, dairy and other unwholesome foods...the quicker one gets ugly as they get older. It doesn't have to be this way...but it's like the collective belief system is that when you get older you get a) unattractive and b) you feel bad all the time and there is nothing you can do about it. I mean, even just for vanity...you would think people would check out different diets if anything...just to age well!

But they don't and I have an inkling why. I think the reason why is that people feel they will feel less happy without the cakes, pastries, industrial strength coffee, alcohol, meat, dairy, junk food and fast food. They think that the bulk of their happiness comes from these pleasures...and that is why it is so hard to give up...it's like giving up on the "good life" to them.

Kristina

Message: 7 Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:47:09 -0600 "Zachary Johnson" <z.johnsonRe: Re: Your Opinion: China Vegetarianism.Meat-eating isn't natural. It is something that has been pushed upon us over many hundreds of years and now it is commonplace. The benefits of a plant-based diet are incredible but nobody seems to care. If we all ate plants instead of feeding so much of our grain to animals we will soon be killing we could help many people, but as the world becomes more "Americanized" there is bound to be more flesh consumption. It is something that must be resisted aggressively. ~z

To send an email to -

It would be nice to think that this is the case - but I don't think it is.

Jo

Kristina

To send an email to -

Me, too. I have never felt better. My trainer (yes, please don't

laugh, I am building up for a serious x-country ski trip) also

mentioned that all of his vegan clients always express great

happiness with their diets and feel great in general.

sara

, " Zachary Johnson "

<z.johnson@m...> wrote:

> Huh... Personally, I feel so much better since I adopted a vegan

diet. I am usually ultra-happy and brimming with energy. Plus, I

have a clean(er) moral conscience because I am reducing suffering

and living more simply. This alone outweighs any " benefit " one

might get from consuming animal products, in my opinion.

> ~z