IndiaDivine.org

non-bovine gelatin?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I went looking for vegan evening primrose oil today and the only thing I could find that wasn't obviously in animal gelatin said "non-bovine gelatin" on the label. What the hell does that mean? Can I buy it? I'm thinking probably not, but I need some way to control my acne. My face is greasier and more broken-out now than when I was 16. I tried tea tree oil but it doesn't seem to be working.

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Let me clarify - I know that "non-bovine" means (or should mean) that is doesn't contain products from bovine animals (cows, etc.). But does this include horses? And if it does, then what is the gelatin made out of?

Peace,

Anna

-

Anna Blaine

12/13/2004 3:08:35 PM

non-bovine gelatin?

Hi,

I went looking for vegan evening primrose oil today and the only thing I could find that wasn't obviously in animal gelatin said "non-bovine gelatin" on the label. What the hell does that mean? Can I buy it? I'm thinking probably not, but I need some way to control my acne. My face is greasier and more broken-out now than when I was 16. I tried tea tree oil but it doesn't seem to be working.

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to -

I would imagine it is gelatine from another animal - not cows. I think if it was vegetable origin it would say so - because we're a fussy lot - so I don't think it is intended for vegans.

Jo

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to -

Presumably it could be made from sheep or goats.

-

Anna Blaine

Monday, December 13, 2004 10:10 PM

RE: non-bovine gelatin?

Let me clarify - I know that "non-bovine" means (or should mean) that is doesn't contain products from bovine animals (cows, etc.). But does this include horses? And if it does, then what is the gelatin made out of?

Peace,

Anna

-

Anna Blaine

non-bovine gelatin?

Hi,

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to - To send an email to -

Hi Anna

I don't know about the non-bovine gelatine, but have you tried Sage & Comfrey cream for the acne? I think you can get it from the Body Shop.

BB

Peter

-

Anna Blaine

Monday, December 13, 2004 10:08 PM

non-bovine gelatin?

Hi,

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to -

non-bovine just means it ain't from cows..because of the BSE scare..

it could be any verterbrate as far as i know..if it was aveggie source, like agar, it would prolly say so Jo bb Dec 13, 2004 2:29 PM Re: non-bovine gelatin?

Presumably it could be made from sheep or goats.

-

Anna Blaine

Monday, December 13, 2004 10:10 PM

RE: non-bovine gelatin?

Peace,

Anna

-

Anna Blaine

non-bovine gelatin?

Hi,

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

To send an email to - To send an email to - To send an email to -