IndiaDivine.org

Raw Food fasting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there everyone,

I am on my second day of a raw food fast, kind of a way to cleanse

my body a bit after all the festivities that the Holidays bring.

But now I have a killer headache and I am feeling quite cold. Why

is this happening? I have done this fast before and have not felt

like this. Should I stop it? Or will this go away soon, has anyone

encountered this before?

Could it be caffeine withdrawal? That always brings on a killer headache. Maybe brew some green tea, which has a little caffeine, and see if that helps?pjsparkles80 <pjsparkles80 wrote:

Hi there everyone,I am on my second day of a raw food fast, kind of a way to cleanse my body a bit after all the festivities that the Holidays bring. But now I have a killer headache and I am feeling quite cold. Why is this happening? I have done this fast before and have not felt like this. Should I stop it? Or will this go away soon, has anyone encountered this before?To send an email to -

All your favorites on one personal page – Try My

I was thinking that it was the caffeine, but didn't understand why I

was feeling cold. I tried some green tea, and the headache went

away for a bit, but is back now. At least it's not at full force,

thank you

PJ

, Susan Spain <susanspain2004>

wrote:

> Could it be caffeine withdrawal? That always brings on a killer

headache. Maybe brew some green tea, which has a little caffeine,

and see if that helps?

>

> pjsparkles80 <pjsparkles80> wrote:

> Hi there everyone,

> I am on my second day of a raw food fast, kind of a way to cleanse

> my body a bit after all the festivities that the Holidays bring.

> But now I have a killer headache and I am feeling quite cold. Why

> is this happening? I have done this fast before and have not felt

> like this. Should I stop it? Or will this go away soon, has

anyone

> encountered this before?

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

I was thinking that it was the caffeine, but didn't understand why I

was feeling cold. I tried some green tea, and the headache went

away for a bit, but is back now. At least it's not at full force,

thank you

PJ

, Susan Spain <susanspain2004>

wrote:

> Could it be caffeine withdrawal? That always brings on a killer

headache. Maybe brew some green tea, which has a little caffeine,

and see if that helps?

>

> pjsparkles80 <pjsparkles80> wrote:

> Hi there everyone,

anyone

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

I have heard that these symptoms can happen when on a strict detox.

If you normally have caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, cola) then you

will get a headache for a few days after stopping it. It is

possible, also, that you are getting a cold or flu, which would

explain the headache.

I hope you feel better soon.

Jo

, " pjsparkles80 " <pjsparkles80>

wrote:

>

> Hi there everyone,

anyone

I always take Feverfew when I get the onset of migrane/headaches, don`t know if it would help?

The Valley Vegan.......pjsparkles80 <pjsparkles80 wrote:

I was thinking that it was the caffeine, but didn't understand why I was feeling cold. I tried some green tea, and the headache went away for a bit, but is back now. At least it's not at full force, thank youPJ , Susan Spain wrote:> Could it be caffeine withdrawal? That always brings on a killer headache. Maybe brew some green tea, which has a little caffeine, and see if that helps?> > pjsparkles80 wrote:> Hi there everyone,> I am on my second day of a raw food fast, kind of a way to cleanse > my body a bit after all the festivities that the Holidays bring. > But now I have a killer headache and I am feeling quite cold. Why > is this happening? I have done this fast before and have not felt > like this.

Should I stop it? Or will this go away soon, has anyone > encountered this before?> > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > >

I don't know if it would help anyone else who gets migraines but Colin hasn't had one since he started taking essential fatty acids.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, January 08, 2005 1:44 PM

Re: Re: Raw Food fasting

I always take Feverfew when I get the onset of migrane/headaches, don`t know if it would help?

I was thinking that it was the caffeine, but didn't understand why I was feeling cold. I tried some green tea, and the headache went away for a bit, but is back now. At least it's not at full force, thank youPJ , Susan Spain wrote:> Could it be caffeine withdrawal? That always brings on a killer headache. Maybe brew some green tea, which has a little caffeine, and see if that helps?> > pjsparkles80 wrote:> Hi there everyone,> I am on my second day of a raw food fast, kind of a way to cleanse > my body a bit after all the festivities that the Holidays bring. > But now I have a killer headache and I am feeling quite cold. Why > is this happening? I have done this fast before and have not felt > like thi s. Should I stop it? Or will this go away soon, has anyone > encountered this before?> > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > >

Hi Jo,

What format does he take them in?

The Valley Vegan.......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

I don't know if it would help anyone else who gets migraines but Colin hasn't had one since he started taking essential fatty acids.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, January 08, 2005 1:44 PM

I was thinking that it was the caffeine, but didn't understand why I was feeling cold. I tried some green tea, and the headache went away for a bit, but is back now. At least it's not at full force, thank youPJ , Susan Spain wrote:> Could it be caffeine withdrawal? That always brings on a killer headache. Maybe brew some green tea, which has a little caffeine, and see if that helps?> > pjsparkles80 wrote:> Hi there everyone,> I am on my second day of a raw food fast, kind of a way to cleanse > my body a bit after all the festivities that the Holidays bring. > But now I have a killer headache and I am feeling quite cold. Why > is this happening? I have done this fast before and have not felt > like thi s.

Should I stop it? Or will this go away soon, has anyone > encountered this before?> > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > >

Vegan capsules - micro-cellised essential fatty acids. He takes only one a day, although you can have two - and it really has worked. An assistant in a health shop told him that she took them and hadn't had a migraine for four or five years, and he has found the same.

Jo

Hi Jo,

The Valley Vegan.......

Hi Jo

Sorry to harp on about these EFA suppliments, but I thought that you had to have more than 1 a day more like 1 at each meal to make a difference? are they a 3:6:9 ratio? What does micro cellised mean?

So many questions , no wonder my brain hurts,

The Valley Vegan........( Gruffydd ?)Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Vegan capsules - micro-cellised essential fatty acids. He takes only one a day, although you can have two - and it really has worked. An assistant in a health shop told him that she took them and hadn't had a migraine for four or five years, and he has found the same.

Jo

Hi Jo,

The Valley Vegan.......To send an email to - Peter H

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

Hi Peter (Gruffyd)

They are BioCare MicroCell Essential Fatty Acids (Linseed Oil and GLA Oil) vegan capsules. They are fairly expensive - £8.55 for 60. The tub says to take two a day - but Colin takes 1 a day, and that seems to work fine for his migraines. He does eat nuts and seeds as well, so maybe that is why he doesn't need the full dose. I think the micro cellised refers to the process to encapsulate tiny amounts of oil.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, January 15, 2005 1:38 PM

Hi Jo

Sorry to harp on about these EFA suppliments, but I thought that you had to have more than 1 a day more like 1 at each meal to make a difference? are they a 3:6:9 ratio? What does micro cellised mean?

Jo

Hi Jo,

The Valley Vegan.......To send an email to -

Peter H

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun! To send an email to -

Thanks Jo,

I may give them a whirl when I am feeling plush.

The Valley Vegan......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter (Gruffyd)

They are BioCare MicroCell Essential Fatty Acids (Linseed Oil and GLA Oil) vegan capsules. They are fairly expensive - £8.55 for 60. The tub says to take two a day - but Colin takes 1 a day, and that seems to work fine for his migraines. He does eat nuts and seeds as well, so maybe that is why he doesn't need the full dose. I think the micro cellised refers to the process to encapsulate tiny amounts of oil.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, January 15, 2005 1:38 PM

Hi Jo

Jo

Hi Jo,

The Valley Vegan.......To send an email to -

Peter H

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun! To send an email to - To send an email to - Peter H

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

In a message dated 1/6/05 6:13:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, writes:

Message: 1 Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:35:44 -0800 (PST) Susan Spain <susanspain2004Re: Raw Food fastingCould it be caffeine withdrawal? That always brings on a killer headache. Maybe brew some green tea, which has a little caffeine, and see if that helps?pjsparkles80 <pjsparkles80 wrote:Hi there everyone,I am on my second day of a raw food fast, kind of a way to cleanse my body a bit after all the festivities that the Holidays bring. But now I have a killer headache and I am feeling quite cold. Why is this happening? I have done this fast before and have not felt like this. Should I stop it? Or will this go away soon, has anyone encountered this before?

Susan

Many people lose heat when they eat all raw foods. I know I did...when I tried it I was always always cold. Raw foodists have reported having had to wear sweater upon sweater to stay warm. The theory is that it takes energy to warm up the raw foods and thus you lose heat. Whereas if you had a hot bowl of soup you actually gain some warmth.

This doesn't make it wrong or bad, though. I would suggest doing it during a warm season to help support you. I would also suggest maybe some hot broth with garlic to compensate. Also remember, I read in Linda Rector pages Detoxification book...that there are many detox diets. You don't have to go raw to detox. In the cooler seasons...you can detox on broth or maybe just brown rice and veggie detox. This works as well and doesn't deplete you of your warmth at the same time.

Kristina

I think that must be true - I have heard that models drink iced water because it burns 4 calories for their bodies to warm it up!

Jo

Susan

Many people lose heat when they eat all raw foods. I know I did...when I tried it I was always always cold. Raw foodists have reported having had to wear sweater upon sweater to stay warm. The theory is that it takes energy to warm up the raw foods and thus you lose heat. Whereas if you had a hot bowl of soup you actually gain some warmth.