, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> Fraggle,

why do you suppose Men have tits?

Could it be that your friend is an evolutionary left over from when

Men lactated their babies?

Why else do men have a part of their body for which their is no

functional use for?

I do believe that men once lactated their babies and his body is just

remember some leftover genetic material.

after all, we once had claws, and fur.

-anouk

what do you suppose would initiate the lactating? with women, the answer is pretty obvious, but how would men start lactating at the proper time?

-

Anouk Sickler

Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:39 AM

Re: Lactating friend

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> Fraggle,why do you suppose Men have tits? Could it be that your friend is an evolutionary left over from when Men lactated their babies?Why else do men have a part of their body for which their is no functional use for?I do believe that men once lactated their babies and his body is just remember some leftover genetic material.after all, we once had claws, and fur.-anoukTo send an email to -

hi Zachary,

Hormones?

this is the explanation that breastfeeding books give.

but I am not an expert.

-

Zachary Johnson

1/13/2005 1:42:25 AM

Re: Re: Lactating friend

what do you suppose would initiate the lactating? with women, the answer is pretty obvious, but how would men start lactating at the proper time?

-

Anouk Sickler

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> Fraggle,why do you suppose Men have tits? Could it be that your friend is an evolutionary left over from when Men lactated their babies?Why else do men have a part of their body for which their is no functional use for?I do believe that men once lactated their babies and his body is just remember some leftover genetic material.after all, we once had claws, and fur.-anoukTo send an email to - To send an email to -

yeah, I'm not sure either... just wondering what might cause something like that.

~z

-

anouk sickler

Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:59 AM

hi Zachary,

Hormones?

this is the explanation that breastfeeding books give.

but I am not an expert.

-

Zachary Johnson

1/13/2005 1:42:25 AM

-

Anouk Sickler

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> Fraggle,why do you suppose Men have tits? Could it be that your friend is an evolutionary left over from when Men lactated their babies?Why else do men have a part of their body for which their is no functional use for?I do believe that men once lactated their babies and his body is just remember some leftover genetic material.after all, we once had claws, and fur.-anoukTo send an email to - To send an email to - To send an email to -

I don't believe it was ever the case that men lactated (apart from a few like Fraggle's friend!). I think they have breast tissue and nipples simply because the basic blueprint for humans doesn't need to be that different. If a man is lactating I think that there must be something wrong with his hormones.

Jo

-

Zachary Johnson

Thursday, January 13, 2005 6:42 AM

-

Anouk Sickler

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> Fraggle,why do you suppose Men have tits? Could it be that your friend is an evolutionary left over from when Men lactated their babies?Why else do men have a part of their body for which their is no functional use for?I do believe that men once lactated their babies and his body is just remember some leftover genetic material.after all, we once had claws, and fur.-anoukTo send an email to - To send an email to -

bois got nipples because they aren't attached to the sex linked chromosomes

we all start out basically the same..bi-sexual..er ambi-sexual i guess..we have all the ame stuff, its only when the sex link chromosomes turn on our hormones that we begin to differentiate in the womb

(come on, dig out those old biology texts...XX chromosomes, and XY in gurls...)

as fer lactating

it could be hormones...

it could be environmental

(think of the hormonal mimics we dump into our environments)

it could even be cancer...

Jo Cwazy Jan 13, 2005 10:03 AM Re: Re: Lactating friend

I don't believe it was ever the case that men lactated (apart from a few like Fraggle's friend!). I think they have breast tissue and nipples simply because the basic blueprint for humans doesn't need to be that different. If a man is lactating I think that there must be something wrong with his hormones.

Jo

That would be XX for girls and XY for boys...

Didn't take all those bio classes for nothing :)

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> bois got nipples because they aren't attached to the sex linked

chromosomes

we all start out basically the same..bi-sexual..er ambi-sexual i

guess..we have all the ame stuff, its only when the sex link

chromosomes turn on our hormones that we begin to differentiate in

the womb

(come on, dig out those old biology texts...XX chromosomes, and XY

in gurls...)

as fer lactating

it could be hormones...

it could be environmental

(think of the hormonal mimics we dump into our environments)

it could even be cancer...

yer right

heh..it was early in the morn..and i went to bed at like 4am..soooooo

Sara Jan 13, 2005 2:19 PM Re: Lactating friend That would be XX for girls and XY for boys...Didn't take all those bio classes for nothing :) , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> bois got nipples because they aren't attached to the sex linked chromosomeswe all start out basically the same..bi-sexual..er ambi-sexual i guess..we have all the ame stuff, its only when the sex link chromosomes turn on our hormones that we begin to differentiate in the womb(come on, dig out those old biology texts...XX chromosomes, and XY in gurls...)as fer lactatingit could be hormones...it could be environmental(think of the hormonal mimics we dump into our environments)it could even be cancer...To send an email to -